Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 08:38:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil, March 20, 2014 updates
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil, March 20, 2014 updates  (Read 40687 times)
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2014, 10:17:10 AM »

Yes youtube has video of last night's show.
Was that a sarcastic comment?

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
NCrazy
Headliner

« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2014, 10:21:35 AM »

I am VERY happy with last nights show (I wasn't there).  From what I have seen on youtube....band was firing on all cilinders.
As the tour continues, shows tend to get longer and setlists tend to morph.  This was a good strong start to what will be an awesome SA tour, which will serve as a really good warm up for Vegas.
Rocket Queen needs to find it way back in though....

I wish they were streaming a show.  I enjoyed the last couple they did....
.       I was at their 1st show after CD was released in Monterrey 2009 after long lay off- they were 3 hrs late & played like 16 songs- before long they were a well oiled machine coming out on time & punching out 3 hr+ shows regularly- so No cause 4 concern  peace

Greensboro 91'
Greensboro 06'
Monterrey 07'
Hamilton, 09'
London, 09'
UK, 10'
SC 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ,WB
UK 10'
SC 10'

O2' 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ WB 11

O2 Arena UK, 10'
Birmingham, UK 10'
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2014, 10:22:06 AM »

Yes youtube has video of last night's show.
Was that a sarcastic comment?

Not at all.  I wanted to see how he sounds.  

I figured they would be up eventually, just not this quick.  I shall go check them out.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2014, 10:25:38 AM »

Sometimes I really wonder who the hell are going to these shows?

Because how many people really post here and across the street.... maybe 4 to 500 ?

ho do they sell all these tickets...and what do those people think

they just are happy to hear Axl sing SCOM and November Rain? I guess so

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
NCrazy
Headliner

« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2014, 10:30:30 AM »

Here's one picture I took of my brother and my sister standing by this lucky bastard who managed to get Axl's mic. My brother almost grabbed it, but the guy is around 1.90m tall!!! Unfair fight!!!It was close!!!!   rant rant

Suddenly hundreds of people asked to take photos with him...he had his 15 minutes of fame and took home an unique GNR memorabilia!!!

.   Damn I'd kill to catch that damn mic- so close so many times! Did manage to catch 2 of Franks Drumsticks in Canada- that was awesome- but I consider the Mic the Grand prize- crossing my fingers for Pa- at least it's small place peace

Greensboro 91'
Greensboro 06'
Monterrey 07'
Hamilton, 09'
London, 09'
UK, 10'
SC 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ,WB
UK 10'
SC 10'

O2' 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ WB 11

O2 Arena UK, 10'
Birmingham, UK 10'
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2014, 10:44:58 AM »

cant wait to hear the gnr versions of the new solo spots
abnormal is one abnormal song...

Richards solo was blacklight jesus right?

and what was Dizzys solo? no quarter??

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2014, 11:25:27 AM »

Because how many people really post here and across the street.... maybe 4 to 500 ?

Do you really think the only people that go to an artist's concerts are the same people who post online on message boards?

There's an entire spectrum of fans with varying levels of how closely they monitor and follow a band's activities on a day to day basis.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2014, 11:27:51 AM »

Do you really think the only people that go to an artist's concerts are the same people who post online on message boards?

There's an entire spectrum of fans with varying levels of how closely they monitor and follow a band's activities on a day to day basis.

Oh, no question.

Much like you can't think that the people that call a sportsradio station represents the fanbase as whole.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2014, 11:29:19 AM »

Ali

There were even people who didnt know Slash is not in the band...believe me!  yes

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2014, 11:30:35 AM »

Ali

thanks .... I realize that....

I just wonder what the masses think compared to us

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2014, 11:31:06 AM »

Ali

There were even people who didnt know Slash is not in the band...believe me!  yes

Well that right there is one of the reasons why the GNR name is so valuable

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2014, 11:34:34 AM »

Ali

I refuse to believe this goes on in 2014.

Do they also wonder where the new Nirvana album is?  What's talking that Kurt Cobain so long anyway?

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2014, 11:39:40 AM »

Even though I know I'd attend a show with this same setlist 100 times if I had the money, I have to admit i'm dissapointed.

I honestly dont see the reason not to change a couple of songs. The GNR catalogue is HUGE, you can replace 3 or 4 songs here and there and still satisfy ''casual'' (the ones that fullfill the venues) and ''hardcore fans'' (like us).

And also, I just dont see how the band can feel motivation to play this almost exact setlist for years.

This is the point of view of someone that already attended 10 GNR shows and have tickets for another 6. I'm clearly not an internet whiner behind a monitor.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2014, 11:41:05 AM »

And also, I just dont see how the band can feel motivation to play this almost exact setlist for years.

It's an honest to god miracle they stick with him.

"Axl, buddy...what are we doing here?" has to be a question they ask, right?

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2014, 11:46:54 AM »

It's an honest to god miracle they stick with him.

"Axl, buddy...what are we doing here?" has to be a question they ask, right?

Well, honestly, they don't exactly seem "happy" in Guns N' Roses.  Fuck, Ron wears it on his sleeve how miserable he is in GNR.  Richard talks about how he can't wait to be done with this tour so he can go back to the Daisies.  DJ just finished the next Sixx AM album, which is obviously his real passion project.  Who isn't spinning their wheels in GNR these days? 
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2014, 11:48:43 AM »

Ali

I refuse to believe this goes on in 2014.

Do they also wonder where the new Nirvana album is?  What's talking that Kurt Cobain so long anyway?

You gotta take into account that Guns left the maistream in 1994 and never came back. Back then, every single they released was an instant hit. Many people dont have idea of what happened between 1994 - 2014, their most succesfull release in this period was the Live Era CD...Chinese was a total failure, no media support at all. So it is no surprise that some people go to the concert based on the name GNR and based on the period they were on top... its more common than you think!

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2014, 12:42:21 PM »

btw Credit to Axl for using the True Detective theme song, what a show and what a song

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2014, 12:53:58 PM »

All solos were new.

It's easy to complain about the setlist, but when you see the crowd's reaction and the way they sing along....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2014, 01:04:58 PM »

All solos were new.

Well, bully for that.

What, exactly, does it do for a fan of the band Guns N' Roses to hear a different cover song sung by Tommy, a different Ron Thal solo song sung by him, and a different guitar solo written by DJ Ashba?

No one is disputing those things happened last night.  We are all clear on that part.  What is being discussed is how little that does for a Guns N' Roses fan hoping that there might be future output to look forward to from the band Guns N' Roses.

It's easy to complain about the setlist, but when you see the crowd's reaction and the way they sing along....

I guess its also easy to offer non sequitur answers to arguments no one ever presented.

Concerns about the setlist are big picture.  Does this band have any real desire to move forward?  Is this just more of the same and time to give up the ghost they will ever do anything new?

No one, ever, as in not one time...has had one of these conversations and wrapped it up with how sorry they felt for the people in the seats who must have just had a terrible time.

Never, ever, ever been said.  By anyone.  Ever.  Anywhere.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2014, 01:09:55 PM »

No one, ever, as in not one time...has had one of these conversations and wrapped it up with how sorry they felt for the people in the seats who must have just had a terrible time.

Never, ever, ever been said.  By anyone.  Ever.  Anywhere.
[/quote]

Correct.

Im sure the crowd was electric...it always is

It is very telling that the guys all changed up their solo spot....

if only they could get the big guy to change up the GNR songs a little bit

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: