Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:23:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  10 Great Albums You May Have Forgotten
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 10 Great Albums You May Have Forgotten  (Read 3325 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: April 01, 2012, 11:37:01 AM »

This article is from a Norwegian magazine site listing ten albums which- for different reasons, don't get the credit they deserve.

http://www.side3.no/article3368449.ece

Genesis - Invisible Touch
The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
Chris de Burgh - Spanish Train and Other Stories
Faithless - Reverence
Paul McCartney - Give My Regards to Broad Street
LL Cool J - Bigger & Deffer
Roger Waters - Amused to Death
Wilson Phillips - Wilson Phillips
The Housemartins - London 0 Hull 4
Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy - This album took several years to complete, and the reception when it finally came out weren't too good. The truth is that this album ain't that bad at all. Give it another chance.

My guess is that CD will figure on a lot of similar lists in the years to come. Time passes and people will focus on the music, discovering what they missed in 2008.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 02:01:03 PM »

Good to see. The norwegian press have been too hard, mainly because they "blame" Axl for the breakup in the 90's. I think your guess is right, and therefore it's great to see Gn'R touring more this year, with Chinese, instead of turn all focus on a new record. We'll see more positivity from media, we saw it in the States last fall, now it's Europe.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 03:19:42 PM »

I don't care what anyone says. I tell everyone and I quote myself, "Chinese Democracy is the greatest album ever created." (dead pan)

This article is from a Norwegian magazine site listing ten albums which- for different reasons, don't get the credit they deserve.

http://www.side3.no/article3368449.ece

Genesis - Invisible Touch
The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
Chris de Burgh - Spanish Train and Other Stories
Faithless - Reverence
Paul McCartney - Give My Regards to Broad Street
LL Cool J - Bigger & Deffer
Roger Waters - Amused to Death
Wilson Phillips - Wilson Phillips
The Housemartins - London 0 Hull 4
Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy - This album took several years to complete, and the reception when it finally came out weren't too good. The truth is that this album ain't that bad at all. Give it another chance.

My guess is that CD will figure on a lot of similar lists in the years to come. Time passes and people will focus on the music, discovering what they missed in 2008.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 05:00:08 PM »

Thought it was going to be AFD, LIES or UYI. Cool that CD got a mention, just figured it would be an older album on the list.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 12:40:04 AM »

Time To Time - HBK 1999

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 12:31:27 PM »

I don't care what anyone says. I tell everyone and I quote myself, "Chinese Democracy is the greatest album ever created." (dead pan)

It really is the greatest album ever. There is something for everybody...anyone that states otherwise never actually gave it a chance.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 03:30:24 PM »

It really is the greatest album ever. There is something for everybody...anyone that states otherwise never actually gave it a chance.
I don't know if you realize this. But instead of sounding open minded, you're coming of as really narrow minded. For the gazillionth time, Music is subjective and not objective. Even if I'm a fan of CD there's no way I'd ever think that there's something for everybody, no record in the world is that diverse. You are totally entitled to have your opinion just as much as people can say, think and feel that Chinese Democracy just aren't their taste. I'm pretty sure Axl would agree with me.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 08:41:53 PM »

I don't know if you realize this. But instead of sounding open minded, you're coming of as really narrow minded. For the gazillionth time, Music is subjective and not objective. Even if I'm a fan of CD there's no way I'd ever think that there's something for everybody, no record in the world is that diverse. You are totally entitled to have your opinion just as much as people can say, think and feel that Chinese Democracy just aren't their taste. I'm pretty sure Axl would agree with me.

Narrow minded? Really? You have no idea the diversity of my musical tastes. I'll listen to anything from Whitney Houston to Megadeth.
In real life I've never met anyone that had anything bad to say about CD. Only on the internet do we have loud mouthed, uneducated tough guys that like to talk shit.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 11:28:43 PM »

In real life I've never met anyone that had anything bad to say about CD.

I've met several

Broski
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 07:05:57 AM »

Narrow minded? Really? You have no idea the diversity of my musical tastes. I'll listen to anything from Whitney Houston to Megadeth.
In real life I've never met anyone that had anything bad to say about CD. Only on the internet do we have loud mouthed, uneducated tough guys that like to talk shit.

You are narrow minded when it comes to CD. I'm sorry for your taste in Whitney Houston and Megadeth. Hey at least you like CD.  Wink

IRL I've met several that doesn't like CD, only the old stuff. and I've met a few that listen more to CD than the old.

You don't have to be a loud mouth nor uneducated to not like CD. It's taste ffs.

Tough guys talking shit? Well there's loads of tough guys on the "CD side" as well. Maybe you're the tough guy that comes of so defensive that no one really wants to tell you their opinion because they don't care for the 20 minute lecture on how awesome CD is and that they'd love it if they really forced themselves to listen to it?
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 01:01:31 PM »

Spanish Train and other stories is a good 'un, nothing like his Lady Red era nonsense, when his writing and playing was at its best imo.  I'm gonna spotify this list and see if I agree with the original article.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 02:17:52 PM »

Chinese Democracy The Only ONE Epic Jewelz Of Rock Classic Era !@

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: