Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 08:43:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 466285 times)
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #3040 on: April 15, 2012, 02:01:20 PM »

So I would have rather this event be given to Axl and current GN'R, in regards to making decisions as to what would happen and what was going to be played and who with etc.

In other words, you would've wanted the former members who contributed heavily to its legacy to be excluded... which is EXACTLY what would've happened if Axl were calling the shots.  I realize some people on this site would've liked that but THAT would've been wrong..... it would've been more wrong to exclude heavy contributors to the legacy that GNR has (which is what got them inducted, not the current lineup) than excluding the current members.

Axl, Dizzy, and Izzy were invited.  They declined.  Their choice.  That simple.  As Axl himself pointed out, "it's the Hall if Fame's show, not mine."  That's just it.  Nobody dictates what happens but the Hall of Fame.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #3041 on: April 15, 2012, 02:02:20 PM »

Congrats to Steven, Matt, Duff, and Slash for pulling it off and for having the grace and dignity to attend and accept the honor.  Thanks to Gilby and Miles for stepping up to the plate and helping out.  It was an awesome night and I am very happy to have been there to witness it!  
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #3042 on: April 15, 2012, 02:15:28 PM »

Watching that Youtube video I think Slash, Duff, and Steven sounded great - I have to admit it.  Of course there is no replacing Axl on vocals though. 

Yeah, I mentioned last night how incredible Steven, Duff, and Slash sounded; they were really tight together..... although I'll agree that Myles' vocals aren't Axl.  I stil don't think Myles is as bad as everyone here thinks, and still enjoyed the performances.

THANKS TO FUNKYMONKEY FOR POSTING THOSE LINKS!   beer

Myles did a terrific job last night.

No, he is not Axl.  He is not Axl in the same way that Slash's replacements are not Slash.  To recreate the presence of figures as singular as Slash and Axl is not possible.  However, Slash's replacements have generally been excellent musicians who get the job done in terms of ably playing the original music and contributing to the production of a great show.  What Myles did last night is no different.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #3043 on: April 15, 2012, 02:19:36 PM »

Watching that Youtube video I think Slash, Duff, and Steven sounded great - I have to admit it.  Of course there is no replacing Axl on vocals though. 

Yeah, I mentioned last night how incredible Steven, Duff, and Slash sounded; they were really tight together..... although I'll agree that Myles' vocals aren't Axl.  I stil don't think Myles is as bad as everyone here thinks, and still enjoyed the performances.

No, he is not Axl.  He is not Axl in the same way that Slash's replacements are not Slash.  To recreate the presence of figures as singular as Slash and Axl is not possible.  However, Slash's replacements have generally been excellent musicians who get the job done in terms of ably playing the original music and contributing to the production of a great show.  What Myles did last night is no different.

Myles Kennedy has nothing to do with GN'R. Myles Kennedy is a Slash yes man  rofl

All of Slash's replacements has been members of GN'R.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #3044 on: April 15, 2012, 02:22:07 PM »

I've seen comments like "OMG! OMG! It was the first time Duff, Slash and Steven played together in 20 years". No, it's not.

They did it in 2009. Chester Bennington sang Paradise City with them at a benefit show in November 2009.

Smiley
/jarmo

Look at this guy - full of knowledge! hihi

I said this awhile back but it was lost in the thread somewhere...

I saw Slash, Duff, Gilby, Matt and a few others perform last September at a RoadRecovery Benefit honoring Slash in NYC at the Best Buy Theater. It was a cool moment for me to meet the guys and stuff, say hi, and meet the people that I had only been able to watch live recordings/pro-shots/etc of for a very long time.

Watching them perform in front of me was surreal and it was a blast... but at no point did I think it was "Guns N' Roses". They were members in the past and have since moved on (some better than others...*cough*adler*cough*) and done their own thing now. They were billed as GNR last night being inducted into the HOF due to their past accomplishments and so be it, it's over. Axl didn't show up, great.

I can safely say without a shadow of a doubt, Guns N' Roses are about to embark on another tremendous tour of Europe and there will be naysayers just like there always is...Slash this...Duff that...etc. Fuck them. Stop living in the past and get over it. Hopefully last night ends that chapter once and for all.

Accept Guns N' Roses for what it is. A band will rock your fucking face off in a heart beat when you see them live, if you can withstand being entertained for 3 straight hours. A few lineup changes, so fucking what. I honestly wish there was a way to prove that a good percentage of the people calling Guns N' Roses (now) scabs/hacks and saying "wah I miss Slash.." have NOT EVER SEEN the current lineup of GNR. Wish I had the means of compiling that information to prove myself.

I actually enjoy Myles and have seen him numerous times with Alter Bridge and Slash. I know there are users on here that I am friends with that don't share the same thoughts as myself, estebanf, but I thought he did a good job. His voice is different and he is NOT Axl but in his own right, Myles did fine. I've heard him sing GNR songs before on tour with Slash and I've always enjoyed it. There was even a time when I ran into Myles and complimented him on singing Civil War since I hadn't heard GNR ever perform that live at the time and he said something to the tune of "Hey I just do the best I can, I'm no Axl but I sing the song to the best of my ability" and that is really all you can ask.

*EDIT*I think I am one of the only ones that has that feeling of Myles - where I actually enjoy him singing GNR with Slash. I'll probably get shredded for it, but I really could careless. He's a nice guy and he does what he can and I for one, enjoy it! I much rather would have seen Myles sing the songs last night (like he did) than see someone else get up there and sing butcher it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 02:25:55 PM by cotis » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3045 on: April 15, 2012, 02:25:10 PM »

Looks like there's a reunion of all the Slash fans in the GN'R section. I'm so touched!

I really don't know why you guys are here on a GN'R fan site in 2012 since your idea of GN'R isn't compatible with what this site is about.

It's over, go back now. Until next time one of those guys screams "reunion!".

ok

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 02:31:45 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #3046 on: April 15, 2012, 02:26:56 PM »

Looks like there's a reunion of all the Slash fans in the GN'R section. I'm so touched!

ok

/jarmo

I'd put my money on Adler, wait for his next interview!
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #3047 on: April 15, 2012, 02:30:50 PM »

ok

/jarmo

I'd put my money on Adler, wait for his next interview!
incoming in 3... 2... 1...

manu
Headliner

« Reply #3048 on: April 15, 2012, 02:33:26 PM »

Wow.... I've missed this sound....

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3049 on: April 15, 2012, 02:33:35 PM »

Nostalgiashow where people omitting things that doesn't fit into their degenerate worldview.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #3050 on: April 15, 2012, 02:35:12 PM »

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/383372_10150633899842723_14222457722_9706254_1961953637_n.jpg

That's the spirit...

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #3051 on: April 15, 2012, 02:37:09 PM »

Yeah, a bunch of douchebag asshole scumbags stalking and harassing Slash's wife on the internet.  Real big men, they are.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3052 on: April 15, 2012, 02:47:00 PM »

Yeah, a bunch of douchebag asshole scumbags stalking and harassing Slash's wife on the internet.  Real big men, they are.

Where have you been every time somebody's been disrespecting and insulting Axl and GN'R?

When you "provoke" people, some might react. I don't believe that she's as innocent as you like to think.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #3053 on: April 15, 2012, 02:48:14 PM »

She deserves it

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3054 on: April 15, 2012, 02:56:58 PM »

I find that comment quite sexist, r we supposed to treat women diferently than men?

She got in the ring ^^
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 03:16:26 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #3055 on: April 15, 2012, 03:02:32 PM »

Fans attacking an artist or their wife on twitter is silly and pathetic.  At the end of the day guys like Axl and Slash have lived way more successful lives than any fan on twitter who is giving them shit.  They both reached the top of their profession, and were among the most successful in the world at what they did.   I would love to meet a fan who has done the same.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 03:04:04 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3056 on: April 15, 2012, 03:12:10 PM »

Brownstone... with Sorum on Drums

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VysZ4xG4mxY&feature=player_embedded

Sweet Child O'Mine with Steven on Drums

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sz6Ww7VkyY&feature=player_embedded

Different Angle of SCOM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqCz-Ejys4I&feature=player_embedded

Paradise City

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bofvPmX83yw&feature=player_embedded

Awesome shit!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3057 on: April 15, 2012, 03:13:18 PM »

Steven Adler:

It was so great to be a part of last night. Thank you everyone! Great way to end that chapter of my life now on to the future, lets ROCK!

11:33 AM - 15 Apr 12

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #3058 on: April 15, 2012, 03:13:42 PM »

Magic Night, thanks Guns n' Roses!
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3059 on: April 15, 2012, 03:16:34 PM »

Watched those YouTube clips and thought to myself.... Why is Velvet Revolver here performing at a Guns N Roses induction ??

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: