Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:57:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Nothing can be worth of waiting so long...
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nothing can be worth of waiting so long...  (Read 7927 times)
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« on: April 07, 2004, 04:29:49 PM »

All the time CD is pushed back... everybody just keeps saying that it will be worth of waiting... FUCK THAT! Can any music album be worth of this waiting? NO!!! CD may be the best hard rock album of last decade but it's woun't be worth of this fuckin' waiting!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 04:39:54 PM »

All the time CD is pushed back... everybody just keeps saying that it will be worth of waiting... FUCK THAT! Can any music album be worth of this waiting? NO!!! CD may be the best hard rock album of last decade but it's woun't be worth of this fuckin' waiting!

No one is keeping u here.......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 04:46:29 PM »

NO!!! CD may be the best hard rock album of last decade but it's woun't be worth of this fuckin' waiting
Then take your 260 posts somewhere where something is worth waiting for h...u dig...what im saying...homefukkkk oww

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
SwedeChildO'Mine
Guy in the locker, feeling like a
Rocker

W. Axl Rose - Pure talent

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 05:05:47 PM »

It's getting me really sad that your sharing your interesting personal opionion about waiting for Chinese Democracy  Roll Eyes

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 05:19:05 PM »

Brian Wilson waited 37 years to unveil "Smile" so I guess we still have a ways to go. The problem with waiting so long like he did and Axl is in the process of doing is that songs that may have been revolutionary in the music world at the time they are written actually sound dated by the time they are released. The argument on this board about brian May and hearing CD somewhat supports that notion. He heard Guns stuff 5-6 years ago. Well, at the time it may have sounded great, but it is arguable that that same material may sound dated at this point with the way music has changed. That is the only thing one needs to guard against when doing everything ahead of time the way guns have with recording multiple albums instead of focusing on and releasing just one. It is entirely possible that supposed 2nd album they have recorded may have to be scrapped by the time it would be released because of the way music has and will change after they release CD.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 05:31:45 PM »

If you don't think it's worth waiting,then why are you here??? Why are you wasting your time? I don't understand you people!!

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 10:20:14 PM »

I just think the wait for CD has taken just too long.  

Naa, I don't know, maybe he should wait another decade.

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
Glen_xx
Opening Act

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2004, 11:27:36 PM »

I think that like anything you can build yourself up too much waiting for something, and then when-if ever- it gets released you might be dissapointed. What id really love is 4 Axl to cruise these pages maybe read this and for a light to switch on in his head and say "Fuck, i still have alll these loyal fans" and then to get down to business.  
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2004, 12:58:38 AM »

Hey guys, I have been coming to this board for many years now, rarely feeling the need to post anything.  There's something I need to get off my chest.  Personally, I just think the wait for CD has taken just too long.  If and when CD comes out, it is going to be held to a standard that will be simply too high.  Now, I'm not saying it won't be a brilliant album (I'm sure it will be.)
   As good as it will be, we're all going to ask ourselves the same question:  Has all this been worth the wait?  When you think about it, it's going to take a lot for us to say, "Oh yeah, I can definitely see why it took 8 years to complete."
   I know some people might bash me for "giving up" on Axl.  It's not like that at all.  I'm simply being realistic, maybe too realistic for my own good.  Either way, if and when the album comes out, I'll be playing it nonstop and will enjoy it.

I've decided to just enjoy what we've gotten from GN'R in the past and not worry about CD at all anymore.  Right now, I don't expect to ever see CD so I'm definitely not worrying about whether I'll be disappointed with it or not.  I guess my new philosphy could be summed up as "don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed."    

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2004, 08:24:56 AM »

wait...wait... What is this shit with sounding "dated". "Dated" does not excist in my book. A song is good or it is bad. November rain is "dated" too? So....it still is a great song isn't it? If a song is great it can not be "dated" in the way of for example: "ooh the song is made like a decade ago, so it is not the same as the music out there right now so it is "dated" therefor the song is not good"   That isn't a valid comment now is it? When the songs are good, which I'm sure they will be you don't have to worry about "dated".

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2004, 08:53:13 AM »

I've decided to just enjoy what we've gotten from GN'R in the past and not worry about CD at all anymore.  Right now, I don't expect to ever see CD so I'm definitely not worrying about whether I'll be disappointed with it or not.  I guess my new philosphy could be summed up as "don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed."    

that?s exactly what I?m thinking.I dont really expect any Cd.If it apears, great, If it doesnt, well I never really expected anithing....

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2004, 12:10:29 PM »

All good things come to those who wait  Wink

EEEERRRR Little boy
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2004, 12:39:31 PM »

Well, no album needs ten years of making, two years are enough for even a masterpiece. Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Elton John etc. released 2-3 brilliant album a year. The more Axl sits on the album, the worst result we get, because today's music technics is always improving, he has to reproduce and reenginer the songs he recorded two or three years ago. The overproducing kills the raw parts, and on the other hand the album will be dated - just remember, Axl said that some parts of the AFD are dated, and some musical solutions do not fit today. So c'mon Axl, release the 14 best of the last 20 songs you wrote, and then again and again.

I cannot believe that Geffen lets him recording three albums when he wasn't able to deliver 1 album in the past 11 years. I hope it doesn't happen, but there is a chance that people won't buy CD, or buy 'only' 5 million copies, and Geffen doesn't risk Axl recording 3 albums when old day success isn't guaranteed.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
TheOtherMember
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2004, 02:49:30 PM »

Read Mikkamakka's 'The Perils of Rock and Roll' sig.

Kinda fitting... Smiley

I will show you fear in a handful of dust
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2004, 03:08:13 PM »

man... I remember back in ?97 when I heard on MTV ( Brazil ) the vj saying: "and the biggest band in the world, GUNS N ROSES, the best frontman, AXL ROSE,  are preparing their new studio album to be release in the beggining of 98 ... "
I almost died that day! I screamed: "woooowwwwww!!! they are back!!! yeahhhh!!!"

confused

poor little guns n roses fan ...  Tongue

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2004, 05:59:24 PM »

stop waiting then...

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2004, 06:17:16 PM »

wait...wait... What is this shit with sounding "dated". "Dated" does not excist in my book. A song is good or it is bad. November rain is "dated" too? So....it still is a great song isn't it? If a song is great it can not be "dated" in the way of for example: "ooh the song is made like a decade ago, so it is not the same as the music out there right now so it is "dated" therefor the song is not good"   That isn't a valid comment now is it? When the songs are good, which I'm sure they will be you don't have to worry about "dated".

Good point!! "dated" is for teen pop,not reel music!

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Evolution
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2004, 08:26:40 PM »

i think axl wants cd to be as cutting edge as possible so songs written even 6 months ago may seem slightly dated 2 him
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2004, 08:58:32 PM »

well i understand the frustration on starchilds. i mean.... the world really needs Axl desperatly. there has not been one single musician since 1991 that even came close to GN'R.
i'm listening to live era right now and its really sad how the greatest band became the greatest joke. something terribly wrong went their way. i mean, axl comes out with this new band, does rio. then 1 year they do nothing. does mtv, and fails to complete a tour. no album. no nothing. why did he tour in the first place?? to get money? i don't get it. it seems this band has all the potencial to become the next best thing since GN'R from 87-93, but all they seem to be right now is the underachievers of the century. they fail to do anything as a band.
i'm still here because i love Axl's music, and i love GN'R to death. but its really hard to be a GN'R fan when all they do is work on this supposedly great album that never seems to see the light of day.
and no album can come thru to all this "suffering".

Chinese Democracy!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2004, 12:35:15 AM »

im not waiting

i mean in a sense im waiting but honestly what choice do i have?

if i stop visiting this board, if i stop listening to gnr im technically gonna still be waiting

so i chat on the board, and hope and dream about the cd and how great its gonna be

i love the wait actually, builds great anticipation

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2004, 05:41:19 AM »

The wait is excruciating but it'll be worth it

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2004, 08:56:38 AM »

im not waiting

i mean in a sense im waiting but honestly what choice do i have?

if i stop visiting this board, if i stop listening to gnr im technically gonna still be waiting

so i chat on the board, and hope and dream about the cd and how great its gonna be

i love the wait actually, builds great anticipation

I don't love the wait, but other than that, we're going about this in pretty much the same manner ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2004, 09:58:29 AM »

This is exactly my stance.  I do like to criticize Axl for this debacle.  But I will always love the music of Old Gnr.  The old GNR is the greatest rock band of all-time.   That's why I am still here.  The NEW GnR is in shambles.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2004, 10:55:39 AM »

love was maybe an over exaggeration but does anyonethink the wait would be more or less painful without the board?

when i get frustrated i just start thinking about everytime we get a rumor on here and how my heart pumps and i get filled with adrenaline

i imagine how im gonna feel when i actually see it on a shelf, its gonna be a surreal, mind blowing experience
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 10:56:46 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2004, 11:07:06 AM »

I not waiting for anything from gN'R that way if it doen't happen I want be let down.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Snakepit__
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2004, 12:48:56 PM »

Yes it is!!!

Axl Rose is smart, he going to realese it when it's the perfect time, cause' old guns also did that, they realesed their albums at the perfect time!!

so stop fucking complain in stuffs and bla bla, no one is force you to wait!

smoking
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2004, 02:35:57 PM »

I know that this album may or may not ever surface, or that GnR in any carnation may never perform live again but its something Ive personally accepted as painful as it is. In such a short career of 6 years between 87-93 GnR or Axl Rose if you now prefer gave us some of the best rock and roll music ever recorded and made a reputation that will stand the tests of time. Keep in mind Axl does not need to release another cd or tour ever again, he has made a living for himself and will never need to work another day in his life. But Axl loves music, its his life and he will release his creation if he wants. He owes noone nothing, you eitehr buy his material and products or you dont its as simple as that. I personally wouldnt care if Chinese Democracy is a horrible album, just knowing I have it in my hands and that I remained dedicated to a very talented man and believed in him every step of the way. I know CD will be amazing though, i was just making a point. Even by Axl not releasing anything he is still maintaining a reputation for himself. People will always question where is Axl Rose, its just up to you if you think he's a noble cause of faith or a washed up singer. For me its the first one Smiley

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: