Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 07:51:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  KY-Buckethead show..info on Axl/Buckethead
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: KY-Buckethead show..info on Axl/Buckethead  (Read 10874 times)
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2004, 04:59:46 PM »

I agree but this guy has been with Bucket and listened to what Bucket has to say about Axl/GN'R and that's just some of the stuff he would tell me.  I agree I figured Axl would be the work-horse of this project, but he's the one for the holdup so I do believe the statement regarding his laziness.  I was also optimistic about Bucket's solos with GN'R and didn't like Old Mcdonald and all that bullshit, but this guy rocks.  He was hands down the best guy there without a doubt and the best guitarist I've ever seen.  He just fits with the new GN'R equation and needs to make a return.  
Counterfeit_God
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2004, 09:52:49 AM »

Uhh, I never heard Buckethead play Old McDonald.  Though I did hear him play the badass fingerpicking of The Chicken Binge.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2004, 10:47:18 PM »

how can axl be putting the least amout of work into the album when the guy said axl is always in the  studio tweaking songs? That sounds like he is putting too much work into  it
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 10:49:01 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2004, 10:57:24 PM »

Your not getting the guy's point Dave.  I'm a diehard Axl fan myself.  What he's trying to say is Axl is in no hurry to finish this album for anyone.  He's lazy when it comes to going in the studio and putting out a finished product.  The rest of the players Buckethead, Robin, Tommy, etc knew what they had to do and did it.  Axl needs to get this mentality and finish this album for his fans and for himself.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2004, 11:28:52 PM »

he did play Old MacDonald during his solo set at least once.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2004, 11:32:15 PM »

Your not getting the guy's point Dave.  I'm a diehard Axl fan myself.  What he's trying to say is Axl is in no hurry to finish this album for anyone.  He's lazy when it comes to going in the studio and putting out a finished product.  The rest of the players Buckethead, Robin, Tommy, etc knew what they had to do and did it.  Axl needs to get this mentality and finish this album for his fans and for himself.

That is not being Lazy, its being a perfectionist, there is a big difference.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
madagas
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2004, 11:36:18 PM »

Yeah, well he played Mr. Sandman and Willie Wonka tonight in Hotlanta and finished the show with a 2-3 minute blues jam solo that would absolutely knock your dick in the dirt...this guy has got the chops big time. He is a freak but if the talent is harnessed appropriately, look out. This guy standing next to me said "I can't fucking imagine what Chinese Democracy sounds like." He was floored as well.
Surge
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2004, 04:29:58 AM »

4. Huge/Tobias is no longer around-no one knows the reason why.

That's not true. Paul Tobias (he's not Huge and he dislikes people calling him that name him) was not into playing live. He did not feel comfortable with it. It doesn't have to mean he's out of the band though, he might just continue writing with them, but he just wont be playing live.
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2004, 10:04:28 AM »

(he's not Huge and he dislikes people calling him that name him)

How do you know that?

No wait...

...no male would want people to know he isn't huge, right?  hihi

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2004, 02:14:15 AM »

Axl is lazy.  I've heard it from many people.  It doesn't take years to make an album, once you know it's right it's right not years down the road when you have to completely change the song to master it.  Buckethead rocks!  You need to see his solo set live...the best guitarist I've ever seen.
Surge
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2004, 08:12:25 PM »

(he's not Huge and he dislikes people calling him that name him)

How do you know that?

No wait...

...no male would want people to know he isn't huge, right?  hihi

haha, yeah, that's true. That could be it.

Anyway, I would assume that his fathers name is Huge, and I know for sure that Tobias is his mothers maiden name. And just to answer the question: At the first Las Vegas show, Axl introduced Paul as Paul Huge Tobias. Paul got sad because of that, and Axl appologised to him. I take that as he got sad.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2004, 08:41:53 PM »

whatever...Finck has no other creative outlet for his OWN writing/songs. He has alot at stake with Gnr from a personal and professional point of view.

Well, he has his website and one of the incubating sections in 'The Flock' looks like a music section.  I've also heard rumors he was working on a solo project before he joined GN'R..
estranged.1098
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2004, 09:49:02 PM »

Axl is lazy.  I've heard it from many people.  It doesn't take years to make an album, once you know it's right it's right not years down the road when you have to completely change the song to master it.

I've heard from many people (including Axl himself) that Axl is working his ass off to make this album great. And of course you can make a record in less than one year, but if you want to put it under the GNR name and live up to the expectations that go with it things change a little.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2004, 07:37:53 PM »

I'm just hoping the album will come out near my birthday in August with Buckethead's material still on it.  I have not seen a guitarist play as well as Buckethead just listen to his newest song Nottingham Lace.....I can't stop listening to it.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: