Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 09:20:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Story of a Lonely Guy
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Story of a Lonely Guy  (Read 9246 times)
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« on: April 15, 2004, 10:56:36 PM »

Axl has been working on Chinese Democracy for years now, obsessed with perfecting his artistic vision through a revolving door lineup of band members and assorted hangers-on.  It's become his white whale.  However, I sometimes wonder what Axl's personal life is like now.  A dozen years ago, while fronting the biggest rock band in the world, he was dating a supermodel.  But I don't think Axl has had a real relationship forever.  I wonder...is he a lonely man?  Does he still date, or have any interest in a relationship with a woman at all?

I remember reading in some article about Axl from 1999 that around that time he often had guests over at his mansion.  Once (I think it was Halloween), he even dressed in an animal costume to entertain the kids of some of his guests.  Axl in an animal costume!  He's over 40 now.  Do you think he's ever wanted to have a kid?  I've never heard him mention it in any interview, but it makes you think.

In the old days, had he been lonely, Axl could rest on the support of his friends and bandmates.  But now it seems that the two categories are not the same.  After all, besides making all efforts to avoid his old bandmates, during the 2002 tour, he would travel separately from the band, hardly ever seeing them except onstage and maybe in the studio.  There's certainly not much of a "group" ethos anymore.

We all know Axl is reclusive, but I sometimes wonder about his ways as a loner.  After all this time, is he starting to feel like he's really alone in the world?  I mean, I'm not Dr. Phil or anything, but all this reclusiveness and isolation must be affecting him somehow.
Flyguy_1ca
Rocker

"Cursing is for ignorant mother-$#@^&*

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 11:35:26 PM »

I read in an interview years ago...that someone said (I'm pretty sure this person was close to Axl) that Axl wanted to have a family more than anything in the world.....Including music, but that he was also scared about what kind of parent he would be...or something like that.  I'm paraphrasing obviously.

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."
alwaysoutparading
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 11:40:34 PM »

in the famous last words interview he did with loder in 90 - loder asked him what he would do if his son/daughter brought home a cd with bad language on it -- if he thought then that cds should carry explicit lyrics stickers on them?  axl said no, even if he did something because he thought the song told him to, he wouldn't feel differently. then he added "and i've thought about it a lot". so yeah i think he wants kids. i think he's probably scared of becoming his own father and having his child suffer the way he did. i think he realizes now what kind of effect he has on people he's close to and is scared to get close and scared to hurt them. i dont know tho. no one does. but if you want to speculate, i'm sure we all have our own theories.
badapple81
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 11:42:42 PM »

I remember an interview with someone who did some producing with CD, and he was talking about how Axl would make sure his kids were looked after, order and eat pizza with em..

And yeah from the sounds of things he did travel alone to and from the gigs..

Maybe he is just happier with his own company.

Maybe he would love a family.. who knows.. not me.. only Axl!
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 11:53:24 PM »

As odd as it sounds, some people benefit from a world of seclusion. I know I do.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2004, 12:38:01 AM »

As odd as it sounds, some people benefit from a world of seclusion. I know I do.

Yeah, I'm a bit of a loner myself too.  Sometimes I just feel more comfortable alone.  But I wouldn't want to spend my whole life alone without somebody that meant a lot to me in my life.

Maybe Axl explained it all in "November Rain":
Everybody needs some time...on their own
Sometimes I need some time...all alone

And when your fears subside
And shadows still remain
I know that you can love me
When there's no one left to blame
So never mind the darkness
We still can find a way
rolleri
Headliner

rock n' roll

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 06:09:12 AM »

Cry
I hope he'sn't unhappy. But, if he's unhappy, because of his possible lonelyness, it isn't too late to fix it, is it?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 06:09:48 AM by rolleri » Logged

Gn'f'n'R's
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 08:01:29 AM »

I think he wanted one with stephanie seymour, but he's shattered from there split

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Hammer1
Headliner

GNR Fan

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 08:39:44 AM »

It was Beta that had an interview in Brazil saying that Axl wants kids more than anything and that he wants cry when he thinks about having kids!  She says he is very affectinate and gentle not like the Axl the media creates.

Do you think it is possible she is his woman? Maybe in some weird way they fell in love?  Maybe the supermodel thing is just so fake? Just a speculation, I often wonder why there is no woman in the picture.
There is probably only a 12 year difference in age.

Scary thought but you never know. Undecided

Hammer1
Headliner

GNR Fan

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 08:59:29 AM »

As soon as i read the article i thought this.  She was being interviewed and her phone rang it was Axl asking for a recipe for some brazillian food. She says she can't be away for a minute without him calling her.

Those pictures of them shopping?  I think that was her? (Beta) Who goes shopping with their housekeeper - rock star at least- looks like clothes shopping not food shopping.

I think she also says she gives her opinion on his wardrobe as well? Sounds like a wife to me!!!!

Or a mother of a little boy!

Crowebar
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2004, 10:43:42 AM »

Those pictures of them shopping?  I think that was her? (Beta) Who goes shopping with their housekeeper - rock star at least- looks like clothes shopping not food shopping.

That was his sister in those pictures man. yes
Christine
Opening Act

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2004, 11:38:56 AM »

Cry
I hope he'sn't unhappy. But, if he's unhappy, because of his possible lonelyness, it isn't too late to fix it, is it?

No, It is never too late...

Madagascar...I'm freed from the chains, we end together...Sums it up.

It sounds like to me,  he is lonely.

HMMMMM
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2004, 11:56:06 AM »

i don't feel as though he is lonely at all.in fact ive herd he had been dating from time to time.maybe his dates are more then we think.being as he takes them home to his house.instead of going out somewere's.in fact ive even herd he had a girlfriend too.awhile back then i herd he was dating a much younger woman then him.he was seen kissing her on a date.some time ago.
he seems like he doesn't want the media knowing to much personal stuff.and i don't blame him either.

the one an only horsey !
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2004, 12:27:23 PM »

There is a group thing going on.. He said that when they found Mix Master Mike Tommy had taken him and Robin to a DJ show.. sounds like they hang out to me.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2004, 01:01:03 PM »

now think of this.erin was preganant and lost her child ok.and was known for having a brief affair with steven adler.not knowing how close these two things happened.maybe axl wasn't sure who the father was.then after yrs of that.stephannie was with him for about two yrs.not haveing his child him wanting one with her.then leaving him and getting pregnant with another man's baby.hurting him real bad.i mean axl has been through the mill with this and getting hurt.so i think he is very careful now with this child thing.cause he got hurt in the past.but he does want kids im sure.
imagine the pain he went through.

the one an only horsey !
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2004, 02:23:14 PM »

now think of this.erin was preganant and lost her child ok.and was known for having a brief affair with steven adler.

Thats gossip at best. Don't trust everything you hear on the net.....

Maybe Axl is a bit lonely but he has fame and money - it shouldn't be too difficult to find someone Wink

Quick! To the bandwagon!
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2004, 02:44:28 PM »

maybe it's just gossip maybe not we weren't there with them right.i do know of some strange night with steven,afterwards she wound up in a hospital.so who really knows but her anyway.but like you say i don't believe everything from the net.but something did happen that night for sure.alot of drugs.

the one an only horsey !
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2004, 03:11:15 PM »

maybe it's just gossip maybe not we weren't there with them right.i do know of some strange night with steven,afterwards she wound up in a hospital.so who really knows but her anyway.but like you say i don't believe everything from the net.but something did happen that night for sure.alot of drugs.

The story is Steven gave her a 'speedball' - (cocaine and heroin mix i think)

If anything else had happened i'm sure it would have emerged by now - hell we seem to know every other little detail that went on back with the old band.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2004, 03:50:21 PM »

I'm sure Aunt Gypsy can sort Axl out, and give him some TLC {Tender, Loving, Care!} rofl

And Axl would lurve her!!!  Wink

Sorted!

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2004, 08:51:20 PM »

i just know about the drugs part nothing else.

the one an only horsey !
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2004, 11:25:56 PM »

I found this poem by Paul Simon that has always reminded me of Axl,

A winter's day
In a deep and dark
December;
I am alone,
Gazing from my window to the streets below
On a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

I've built walls,
A fortress deep and mighty,
That none may penetrate.
I have no need of friendship; friendship causes pain.
It's laughter and it's loving I disdain.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

Don't talk of love,
But I've heard the words before;
It's sleeping in my memory.
I won't disturb the slumber of feelings that have died.
If I never loved I never would have cried.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

I have my books
And my poetry to protect me;
I am shielded in my armor,
Hiding in my room, safe within my womb.
I touch no one and no one touches me.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

And a rock feels no pain;
And an island never cries.

In response to the question, yes I do believe that Axl has always had a desire to raise a family. When he was with Stephanie he was briefly a father to her son Dylan, who he clearly cares for and an interview im sure Jarmo has laying around Axl says he wants Chinese Democracy to be a way of communicating with Dylan. I think that since him and Stephanie broke up, Axl has lost alot of trust in women and friends and he probably feels betrayed by the former band members which i think ultimately discourages him from trusting people and eliminates his desire for companionship. Reclusive people never really get lonely as they gradually become accustomed to keeping themselves company, id know since i kind of am one. Personally I  prefer to be on my own and not have friends around me outside of school. Axl enjoys his privacy, and Im sure he would love nothing more then a beautiful wife and new born baby somewhere down the road in his life, until then he remains disenchanted and lost within his work on Chinese Democracy, and why wouldnt he since music doesnt betray you, and is always there to comfort you.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 11:29:44 PM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
alwaysoutparading
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2004, 12:36:22 AM »

^^ Good post. I agree. As far as Axl and Beta... who knows. I think it's a hard pill to swallow since she is a bit older and not the 6ft 110 lb supermodel we expect him to be with.  She seems very devoted to him and that's probably what a woman who dates/marries Axl would need to be.  It seems like he would demand all of her attention and that's exactly what (as far as we know) Beta gives. Maybe Axl found what he's always wanted in her and doesn't care. I kinda found this strange when I read it... from Betsy's site.

It's supposedly a letter from Axl:

You can say what you want about the trip. Just try not to give the
crazies to much to work with in regard to my home itself or xxxx.
I have appreciated your respect as well as your patience.

http://axl_rose_shrine.tripod.com/trip2.html/page8.html

XXXX = beta ? could have been out of courtesy to her privacy or maybe their relationship?

anyway I hate getting caught up in all of this... who knows.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2004, 02:08:11 AM »

LOL..me too.
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2004, 07:23:02 AM »

I found this poem by Paul Simon that has always reminded me of Axl,

That poem is very good!
Very good post mate! You're very creative i take it!  Wink

In response to the question, yes I do believe that Axl has always had a desire to raise a family. When he was with Stephanie he was briefly a father to her son Dylan, who he clearly cares for and an interview im sure Jarmo has laying around Axl says he wants Chinese Democracy to be a way of communicating with Dylan. I think that since him and Stephanie broke up, Axl has lost alot of trust in women and friends and he probably feels betrayed by the former band members which i think ultimately discourages him from trusting people and eliminates his desire for companionship. Reclusive people never really get lonely as they gradually become accustomed to keeping themselves company, id know since i kind of am one. Personally I  prefer to be on my own and not have friends around me outside of school. Axl enjoys his privacy, and Im sure he would love nothing more then a beautiful wife and new born baby somewhere down the road in his life, until then he remains disenchanted and lost within his work on Chinese Democracy, and why wouldnt he since music doesnt betray you, and is always there to comfort you.

I agree with you!!  beer

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2004, 09:46:30 AM »

i wish axl all the luck finding that special woman.it takes time but i feel he will find her.

the one an only horsey !
Snakepit__
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2004, 04:33:56 PM »

Axl is a lonley man, like you said about the november rain song

Everybody need sometime on their own..

I'm also a guy who is alone and a few years ago i went underground because life sucked and i don't have any friends and shit like that..

I don't think Axl is happy, he need someone to talk to i think.. Undecided

But This One Is For Sure.. He ALWAYS Gonna' Have Us!!

We Love You W. Axl Rose..
ok
« Last Edit: April 17, 2004, 04:41:01 PM by Jimmy Rose » Logged
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2004, 09:24:05 PM »

Axl has been working on Chinese Democracy for years now, obsessed with perfecting his artistic vision through a revolving door lineup of band members and assorted hangers-on.  It's become his white whale.  However, I sometimes wonder what Axl's personal life is like now.  A dozen years ago, while fronting the biggest rock band in the world, he was dating a supermodel.  But I don't think Axl has had a real relationship forever.  I wonder...is he a lonely man?  Does he still date, or have any interest in a relationship with a woman at all?

I remember reading in some article about Axl from 1999 that around that time he often had guests over at his mansion.  Once (I think it was Halloween), he even dressed in an animal costume to entertain the kids of some of his guests.  Axl in an animal costume!  He's over 40 now.  Do you think he's ever wanted to have a kid?  I've never heard him mention it in any interview, but it makes you think.

In the old days, had he been lonely, Axl could rest on the support of his friends and bandmates.  But now it seems that the two categories are not the same.  After all, besides making all efforts to avoid his old bandmates, during the 2002 tour, he would travel separately from the band, hardly ever seeing them except onstage and maybe in the studio.  There's certainly not much of a "group" ethos anymore.

We all know Axl is reclusive, but I sometimes wonder about his ways as a loner.  After all this time, is he starting to feel like he's really alone in the world?  I mean, I'm not Dr. Phil or anything, but all this reclusiveness and isolation must be affecting him somehow.

I rarely post these days (im waiting on VR to deliver the rock n' roll goods). beer

However, I used to be the biggest Axl fan ever. The dude and his lyrics and songs saved my life, and continue to play a great part in how I live and what I do (which is mainly to kick a lot of ass, and to live up to my human spirit, rather than being dragged down by haters).

But now I realize that Axl himself is a figure of human tragedy. He's 42. His personal life is in shambles. He looks weird. He can't sing. WHAT A SHAME crying crying crying

PPL, if you could only understand...Axl was the Messiah of Rock. He is one smart dude. Read his interviews, listen to his songs, the dude is a musical genius. Not only that, he was the whole package. He could perform. He could act. He was a great conceptualist, arguably the greatest since the Beatles. I truly believe this and many others in this forum believe this as well (which is why CD gets more hype than Contraband by VR).

But Axl's enemies are his best friends. The people who say yes to him are the very people holding him back. People on this board are "yes" men as well. Duff Mckagan made a note of this. The guy was so talented that he surrounded himself with only yes men. Nobody can smack him and tell him to do his job anymore. He's invincible. However, he is no longer a rock star. He's a rock joke. His time came and past. I no longer have faith in him to deliver the goods. He's so out of touch with reality that it's ridiculous. At least Slash is in touch and he is talented. Therefore, he has a multi-platinum career ahead of him, whereas Axl is figuring out his next Chess Move to defeat his rivals. Axl's CD is done. Why hasn't he released it? Cuz he thinks too far ahead. He's too much of a perfectionist.

He's also a fucking asshole. I love how he performs. I love his songs, but now I understand that it comes from someone who is messed up in the head with a lot of $$$ to buy out everyone else. He needed Izzy to balance him out (something that Slash once said). Now Izzy is gone and he has nothing to keep him straight. Paul Huge was a Yes Man, and while he may have helped Axl write great songs (that WE FANS HAVE NOT HEARD YET), he didn't have enough balls to tell him to put them out, rather leaving it up to Axl's vision of messianic redemption to wait until putting them out.

The greatest lesson I learned from Axl's tragedy is that "YOU CANNOT LIVE ON GRUDGES". A human being cannot base his life on hating people who at one time opposed him. At some point, things happen, things change and you gotta live and let live.

Axl has taught me a lot about life, thru his good and his bad. But he is no longer my hero. He was my hero in the early 1990's, fronting the greatest band ever after being fucked in the ass by his father. He has never let that go. That has done him in.

I will live my life and learn from his triumphs and mistakes. Axl is not perfect people. It's is time to root for rock n' rollers who get their lives back together (mainly DUFF "THE BUFF" MCKAGAN).

LETS GO VELVET REVOLVER!!!
 beer
Love,
MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Doc Emmett Brown
First Porn on Mars
Legend

up and away

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2004, 09:36:14 PM »

But now I realize that Axl himself is a figure of human tragedy. He's 42. His personal life is in shambles. He looks weird. He can't sing. WHAT A SHAME crying crying crying

Be careful dude!  You'll be branded a dreaded 'hater'!   rofl  

So do ya think that Doug Goldstein is a 'yes' man?

Through a shattered city, watched by laser eyes
overhead the night squad glides
the decaying paradise
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2004, 03:55:15 AM »

Be careful dude!  You'll be branded a dreaded 'hater'!   rofl  

So do ya think that Doug Goldstein is a 'yes' man?

Yes.
So are people who lick his ballz on these and other boards.
I love Axl. I only wish people would be a little bit more realistic around him. Duff McKagan described him best, surrounded by all these "yes" men, who feel he can;t do wrong. The inly thing he has done wrong is that he has delayed beyond the pinnable of his career. He will never achieve the heights he could have achieved.  He is too smart and too ambitious for his own good - he forgot that society can only have so much time to care about an individuals' talents. Good Bye GNR.

Hello VR.
 love
MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2004, 02:20:12 PM »

I will live my life and learn from his triumphs and mistakes. Axl is not perfect people. It's is time to root for rock n' rollers who get their lives back together (mainly DUFF "THE BUFF" MCKAGAN).

LETS GO VELVET REVOLVER!!!
 beer

I'm pleased your positive about VR!  yes

But what da hell do you mean about Duff?HuhHuh??

confused OMG! DO YOU FANCY DUFF?

Oh nooooooo!
You can't have him!!!!!!!!!!!
He's mine!
I'm not sharing!
I don't care if ya call me greedy either mate!

MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2004, 03:34:52 PM »

Maybe he's married,maybe he has kids. We don't know shit about his personal life in the last 10 years

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2004, 10:08:03 AM »

did someone say licking axl's ballz ? thats something i haven't thought of yet h a h a.

the one an only horsey !
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2004, 06:03:09 PM »

I'm pleased your positive about VR!  yes

But what da hell do you mean about Duff?HuhHuh??

confused OMG! DO YOU FANCY DUFF?

Oh nooooooo!
You can't have him!!!!!!!!!!!
He's mine!
I'm not sharing!
I don't care if ya call me greedy either mate!

I mean the simple fact that Duff was practically knockin on heaven's door following the UYI tour, and nearly died because of his alcoholism. However, he's kicked the habit, has taken on a new sense of self with his athletics, his academic ambitions, his MODEL wife, and now Velvet Revolver.

I think Duff , more than Axl, is a hero from GNR. He hasn't stayed in the background moaning about his past and present tribulations. He's found his way out and is well on his way to establishing his rock n' roll career. He has seen the depths of self-destructions, and now he's on the verge of hitting the heights a second time. He's also a great talent as well and Im sure that Axl was least thrilled about losing him.

But Duff didn't see Axl's grand vision. He only sees a way out that is both sensible and healthy.

Mazal Tov Duff!!!
MNR

Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2004, 03:40:51 PM »

MarkN'Roses rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  beer
I love this guy! wooooo!  Kiss

I SOOOOOO AGREE ABOUT DUFF!  yes

He just reeks of awesomeness, talent n' of course sexiness!  love

Super post!

Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: