Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:21:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  gee, you would think this would make sense to WAR
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: gee, you would think this would make sense to WAR  (Read 2717 times)
W 23 Axl
Headliner

12/02 - msg show - un fuckin real

« on: April 18, 2004, 05:22:38 PM »

a "greatest hits" album is selling like crazy...not only around the world, but even in the US. And with little promotion.

Doesn't Axl see that the market for GNR is still very much alive??? I mean, no one hears from them for so long, they release this GH, and people are buying it......they want Axl. Why can't he see this??

You would think this would lead him to believe people will accept him and the new GNR b/c there STILL IS INTEREST!!!

I really hope he doesn't waste yet another opportunity...he doesn't have many left.

- Greg
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 05:44:21 PM »

a "greatest hits" album is selling like crazy...not only around the world, but even in the US. And with little promotion.

Would people please stop it with this?  This album has been promoted very well...from live reads on Howard Stern to minute-long commercials on MTV to plenty of reviews/articles, this album has seen quite a bit of promotion.  I actually cant think of many albums that have received as much promotion as this one.  So stop it.  The album is doing well, the 2002 tour cop-outs arent necessary.

Doesn't Axl see that the market for GNR is still very much alive??? I mean, no one hears from them for so long, they release this GH, and people are buying it......they want Axl. Why can't he see this??

Or the market for a reasonably priced CD containing all of GNRs classic hits is very much alive.

You would think this would lead him to believe people will accept him and the new GNR b/c there STILL IS INTEREST!!!

Yeah, interest in old songs.

And arent you the same insider who tipped us off on that commercial airing at the end of February?  If so, then anything you say is null and void - even if its opinion.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 06:11:37 PM »

Would people please stop it with this?  This album has been promoted very well...from live reads on Howard Stern to minute-long commercials on MTV to plenty of reviews/articles, this album has seen quite a bit of promotion.  

Don't forget the best promotion of all. The fans protesting and the lawsuit articles.

The Greatest Hits was mentioned everywhere thanks to the lawsuit.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlVedder
Headliner

I am not a nugget!

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 06:28:38 PM »

I really hope he doesn't waste yet another opportunity...he doesn't have many left.

I for one feel Axl is not interested in the popularity of the Unofficial Greatest Hits album. It has been said by many, and I strongly agree, that Chinese Democracy is Axl's vision. It doesn't matter to him when he releases it. It's when he thinks it's ready.

"Opportunities" may come and go but I feel Axl doesn't pay attention to them. These events that people call perfect timing are probably good for people to buy an album and for it to climb the charts, but it isn't time yet. I think, to Axl, it is more about releasing an Album that is all about him. Noone telling him about what content should be on it, noone telling him to use a different style of music, just exactly how he wants it. If it doesn't sell too well at the time of release, I think it may phase him, but ultimatley, it's an album he worked hard on for many years, and he just wants to see his baby through his eyes, not the media's. You'll see the album when it is complete in the eyes of Axl Rose.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 05:24:13 AM »

People in general like the old band, most casual fans would not buy CD without some evidence the material is actually worth listening to.
Although I think that CD will sell well, but I don't think you can compare the two as it is effectively two different bands.

That's a hatrick for Doull
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 05:34:19 AM »

I do agree that releasing the album now would make sense, there is a massive intrest in GNR at the moment, i can't imagine Axl will have a better opportunity than right now.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2004, 06:48:00 AM »

Nah let the fans cool down after the greatest hits 4 a little while then deliver the big bang ok

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2004, 04:18:25 PM »

Imagine the huge free publicity CD will get. The most anticipated album ever,Axl Rose is back,bla....bla...bla

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: