Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:05:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The record company stopped fucking around
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The record company stopped fucking around  (Read 4618 times)
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: April 21, 2004, 12:20:20 PM »

The release of the greatest hits album has proved that the record company isn't fucking around anymore.  They will make a decision with or without Axl's approval.  We're going to get CD this year.  It's going to happen. ok
AxlsPiano
Rocker

Rock N Roll Will Return

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 12:27:37 PM »

I doubt it.  no
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 01:38:17 PM »

2 possibilities Geffen/Interscope hasn't come a callin' for the album after all this time

1. its so unbelievably good Axl can have another 10 years if he wants because it will sell like anything

2. Its rubbish, or doesn't exist at all in which case the record label has no inclination of wasting money releasing it

Quick! To the bandwagon!
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 02:26:33 PM »

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, somehting completely different!

-------and time goes by-------
Snakepit__
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 02:39:40 PM »

>:(WHAT THE FUCK!!!

CAN'T  SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING POSITIVE!!! ALL YOU SAY IS FUCKING NEGATIVE FOR JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!  rant  rant  rant  rant
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 02:47:49 PM »

CAN'T  SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING POSITIVE!!! ALL YOU SAY IS FUCKING NEGATIVE FOR JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!  rant  rant  rant  rant

I'm sure at least 50% of that post was blasphemous.

Calm down man...

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 02:47:59 PM »

I'm sure as soon as something positive happens, it'll be talked about. All we are hearing now is negative news, so guess what will be talked about? Don't bitch about the bad news people talk about, complain about the reason we have this bad news.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2004, 07:03:53 PM »

hhmmm maybe thats just a another way to push axl.
                                      beer smoking
                        my moto'

the one an only horsey !
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2004, 07:18:38 PM »

Hey, everyone, who do you really think is fucking around more:
Axl or the record company??

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
badapple81
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2004, 07:24:02 PM »

Whether it was a push or not.. the unbelievable success of the Greatest Hits and the varying degrees of success of the DVDs set it up beautifully for Axl and Chinese Democracy for an announcement prior to the RIR4 fest and a huge single and album launch there and around that time.

IMO, a huge opportunity blown.
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2004, 10:36:52 PM »

I agree, the suits are probably starting to crack.

SunKing278
Headliner

The loveliest girls are always in your GN'R

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2004, 06:29:06 AM »

Geffen Records mentioned specifically in the lawsuit that was filed against them by Axl that the Greatest Hits was only released because they've been waiting too damn long for Chinese Democracy.  Obviously, the suits are getting pretty fed-up with W. Axl Rose.  I don't think filing a lawsuit against the label is going to help Axl's cause at all.  In this age of internet piracy, declining CD sales, poor economic conditions, and mega-corporate mergers, the labels are more concerned about the bottom line than ever before.  They're certainly not concerned with releasing good music.  One look at MTV and the Billboard charts will tell you that.  Marketability is the name of the game, which is why the likes of Britney Spears get promoted and the good stuff gets relegated to smaller, independent labels.  At some point, probably sooner rather than later, Geffen is going to tell Axl to take a hike.  Losing millions of dollars is simply not on any major corporation's agenda.  There's an unconfirmed rumor going around that Limp Bizkit is about to be dropped by Interscope - part of the same Universal family as Geffen - after they sold "only" a million copies of their latest record, and they were one of the biggest bands in the country just a couple of years ago.  I seriously doubt most anyone other than Axl could have gotten away with taking this long to make a record.

matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2004, 07:24:46 AM »

Someone needs to give axl a kick up the ass to get this record out, they've been pretty fuckin patient

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Snakepit__
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2004, 10:44:04 AM »

I Don't Really Know About That..
Because It Was GEFFEN That Realesed Greatest Hits Not Interscope.. So It's Up To Interscope To Realese Chinese Democracy Not Geffen..
Crowebar
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2004, 02:06:21 PM »

Hey, everyone, who do you really think is fucking around more:
Axl or the record company??

Axl's the ultimate fucking-around KING man!!!!! yes ok Wink
Crowebar
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2004, 02:10:12 PM »

Whether it was a push or not.. the unbelievable success of the Greatest Hits and the varying degrees of success of the DVDs set it up beautifully for Axl and Chinese Democracy for an announcement prior to the RIR4 fest and a huge single and album launch there and around that time.

IMO, a huge opportunity blown.

MASSIVELY HUGE dude. hihi rofl yes nervous confused
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2004, 02:32:15 PM »

Because It Was GEFFEN That Realesed Greatest Hits Not Interscope.. So It's Up To Interscope To Realese Chinese Democracy Not Geffen..

Geffen Records is, as far as I know, a subsidiary of Interscope, which is in turn a subsidiary of Universal.  All of Gn'R's official releases, from Appetite on, have been on Interscope/Geffen, and Guns is listed under Geffen on the official Interscope website.  Gnronline is maintained by Interscope/Geffen...or at least occasionally is!!

Geffen has just recently (in the past year) been given a greater degree of autonomy, but they still fall under the Interscope/Universal banner.

To further tangle things, Guns is represented by Sanctuary Group management but doesn't release music under Sanctuary Records.  Tommy Stinson's solo album will be released by Sanctuary Records, however.

It's like a web of drugged confusion.

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
kockstar99
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2004, 11:36:52 PM »

If he was dropped it could be good or bad.. he COULD start his own label.. make albums as he wants... sign bands he likes... solo albums... FULL Control for Axl Rose..

on the other hand we wouldnt have Geffen to kick him in the ass and MAKE him release the album... not that they can do that anyways....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: