Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:07:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Does Axl BullShit or Does Slash Lie
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does Axl BullShit or Does Slash Lie  (Read 15107 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2004, 10:24:31 PM »

Slash is more about the "rock" thing, and Axl is more about indulging in his newfound industrial fascination.  Making electronic music is not pushing the envelope, and I dont think Axl has ever said anything about "pushing the envelope".  Just another fanboy cop-out, Im afraid.
I see you brought up the same old lame shit again too. Just because Axl likes nin or white zombie doesnt mean the next gnr record will be an industrial/techno album. Once again you bring out a cd misconception.

Ill bring it up once again.Quote from one of rocks greatest guitarists...
"If Axl is trying to make a perfect record, he isnt too far off." He has also said " I had a great time playing, and interacting with the guys, and I was hugely impressed wihth the material they'd already put down...But I'm damn sure it will be worth waiting for!"

Last time I checked Brian MAy wasnt in the techno genre. or could give 2 shits about techno/electronic/rap/rap metal music.

It has also been said that CD will sound more like AFD than people think.

The reason I keep bringing these quotes up is because u keep bringing up the same old" Axl is on a techno craze" bullshit. When it definately isnt the case.

Will CD have industrial elements. Im sure it will. BUt im also sure it will have rock elements,punk elements and a bunch of other elements. Im also sure it will blend in a very special gnr way.

So stop saying that CD will be a certain type of album, when you truly have no clue. And im not saying I do but what i do have are credible quotes from people who have actually heard the material. I also have CD,rhiad, maddy, and the blues all of which are not the heavily electronica songs you are insuating the album will be.

Yeah, I'm sure the five of them sat down at each AFD rehearsal and pondered for hours, "Okay fellas, how can we push the envelope now?"  
No, they had a vast majority of influences that drove their creativity. The product of those inspirations produced a different type of sound and direction. Hence the illusions. Same goes for CD. JUst Slash decided he wanted to get back to his roots instead of continually expanding.

Actually theres plenty of Snakepit songs that could musically stand alongside Guns' stuff.  Theres a few that stand alongside as is.
 ok
« Last Edit: April 18, 2004, 10:27:59 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2004, 07:03:05 AM »

Hey Dizzy, what i mean is, if Slash Duff Izzy n' the rest wanna fuck off, why the hell should Axl, if one person can be replaced then anyone can, including Slash himself.

Oh...Axl might have danced abit but he's the one who threatend to leave if they didnt stop shooting up, Axl was'nt a junkie, they were.

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2004, 09:25:52 AM »

They both bullshit and lie.  

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2004, 02:40:54 PM »

Yeh but Axl talks bad about Slash all the time - read the interview with gnronline.com he hits Slash with abuse there and in most other interviews he does.

Wait...real features on gnronline.com?! How far back are we talkin here?  rofl

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
Dizzy
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2004, 06:16:55 PM »

JUst Slash decided he wanted to get back to his roots instead of continually expanding.

BINGO!   ok  Damn, that is by far the most accurate statement you have ever made about Slash!  And as has been said, the desire to get back to one's roots does not constitute laziness!  Just a difference in musical direction.

if one person can be replaced then anyone can, including Slash himself.

Yeah, I got what you meant.  My point is, there is a difference between three original members (which can be considered a band's nucleus) and one original member.

Personally, I don't consider Axl/Slash/Duff to be GNR without Izzy and Steven, but it's a hell of a lot more GNR than just Axl.

Oh...Axl might have danced abit but he's the one who threatend to leave if they didnt stop shooting up, Axl was'nt a junkie, they were.

If Axl wasn't a junkie, why was he in rehab in 1989?  Besides, Axl had a hell of a lot more problems after rehab.  His psychological problems were undoubtedly just as difficult as Slash's, Duff's, Steven's, and Izzy's drug problems.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2004, 04:31:39 AM »

true Wink

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: