Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 03:23:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227852 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Do you think we'll know the release date by March 6??
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think we'll know the release date by March 6??  (Read 41245 times)
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2007, 10:00:17 AM »

Contraband is a great album.

you must be joking.

If you dont like tunes like Slither, Do it For the Kids, Sucker train blues.... then how can you claim to be a guns n roses fan and love songs like Its so easy... nightrain... out ta get me....? ?

ITS THE FREAKIN SAME HARD ROCK MUSIC!!

Huh Huh Huh
frightening.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2007, 10:05:42 AM »

Contraband is a great album.

you must be joking.

and on topic, please save us the "i knew this was gonna happen!" speeches today.
we all did by now and i'm cool with it so shut up.

I KNEW THIS WAS GONNA HAPPEN. SO YOU SHUT UP
you couldn't quote properly or what? She said "we all did by now". You saying that is just annoying. really annoying.

yeah, but that's what you get when people don't have anything to contribute of their own and still crave attention...

Erm...he did quote properly he just didnt put his own bit - tho he didi include a reply - in the right place.

you must be blind confused

OK ive had it with you, goin round bein an arse to people.
FUCK YOU!
READ IT AGAIN!
NOTICE THE BIT IN CAPS THAT WASNT THERE BEFORE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

LIKE I SAID, ITS IN THE WRONG PLACE, BUT ITS THERE AFTER THE QUOTE, IDIOT!!!!!!

jarmo, you should take a look at this internet tough guy...

Ehi girl .... where do you think u are? in a nazi Nazi death camp?
I think everyone here should calm down....

what the hell is wrong with you? what is this urge to act like tough guys over the internet and ruin a thread with off-topic insults? pathetic. don't reply, i don't wanna get into some lame internet "flaming war".

Firstly axlgirl, you startded it. Secondly, some of you are mixing up me with the guy who got flamed for not quoting correctly. altho he was hardly that wrong, which is all i ever said. and nowhere has he denied quoting wrongly.

nowhere have i denied doing the same. altho no denial is necassqary on my part, as i havent done that in this thread, or even in my memory.

if jarmo takes an interest in my post as you hope he will, i hope he takes an interest in your entire post history.

Now, as i hinted above, some people need to reread the above quotes and consider whether they are having a go at the right person.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2007, 10:07:57 AM »

i didn't start shit, i've never insulted anyone on this board so stop lying.
besides, you were the one who said "fuck you" and "idiot". just stop talking to me, and my post history is fine.
now go think up some aggressive, insulting comeback while i yawn and go get myself some food and rest.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #143 on: March 06, 2007, 10:08:55 AM »

Okay guys, okay, calm down, calm down.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2007, 10:09:12 AM »

Yeah, not only is he not smart enough to use a quoting system on a message board without misquoting someone or putting his response in the wrong space, he won't admit it either. Not only that but he's just kind of annoying.

you're one o the people i refered to in my previous post. would you like o refer back and see if your talkin bout the right person, or if youre right to be talkin bout anyone, with that nonsense above?

just an invitation, thats all.

my last word. all future poats in this thread will be strictly on topic.

kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2007, 10:30:43 AM »

If you dont like tunes like Slither, Do it For the Kids, Sucker train blues.... then how can you claim to be a guns n roses fan and love songs like Its so easy... nightrain... out ta get me....? ?

excuse me, but there is something different. They don't have Izzy Stradin, and mainly... Axl Rose. That's why.? ok
I don't like contraband neither.

Slash defined Guns n Roses' hard riff rock! Anyone who slags contraband is insane because you slagging off a record with the same sentiment as appetite. The three songs i named off contraband are just more mature, modern sounding hard rock songs.

Great album.
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: March 06, 2007, 10:32:19 AM »

excuse me, but there is something different. They don't have Izzy Stradin, and mainly... Axl Rose. That's why.? ok

Slash defined Guns n Roses' hard riff rock! Anyone who slags contraband is insane because you slagging off a record with the same sentiment as appetite. The three songs i named off contraband are just more mature, modern sounding hard rock songs.

Great album.

i'm speechless... wow... just wow Undecided
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2007, 10:35:13 AM »

If you dont like tunes like Slither, Do it For the Kids, Sucker train blues.... then how can you claim to be a guns n roses fan and love songs like Its so easy... nightrain... out ta get me....   

excuse me, but there is something different. They don't have Izzy Stradin, and mainly... Axl Rose. That's why.  ok

Great album.
so what did Izzy do for the album? It's not the same sentiment as appetite. Welcome to the jungle owns all contraband songs together. So the problem is that they don't have Axl or they aren't that good on songwriting - makes me think how good Axl and Izzy are.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2007, 10:48:59 AM »

Great album.

Great come back... wow... just wow Undecided
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #149 on: March 06, 2007, 10:54:09 AM »

yay...another axl vs slash debate is heating up...i cant wait ok

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2007, 10:58:45 AM »

If you dont like tunes like Slither, Do it For the Kids, Sucker train blues.... then how can you claim to be a guns n roses fan and love songs like Its so easy... nightrain... out ta get me....   

excuse me, but there is something different. They don't have Izzy Stradin, and mainly... Axl Rose. That's why.  ok

Great album.

do you mean the GN'R's come back? If yes, sure. A lot of sold out concerts in the 70+ they did last year, Axl Rose was invited to present the killers in the VMA's, the album is finished and will be out soon (just waiting mixing and mastering to be completed). Just to you know, not even bands that are releasing albums aren't selling out concerts. Bon Jovi sold out less than 50% of the last year's concerts. He had a pop album and couldn't get even 50% of his concerts sold out. Yea, that's a great come back.  ok

kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2007, 11:00:40 AM »

yay...another axl vs slash debate is heating up...i cant wait ok

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No its more a slash (gnr) vrs slash (vr) debate. I think its mental people can be fanatical about albums like Appetite.. but then slate an album like contraband!

Dont get me wrong, i hate scott weiland as much as the next, well, probably more, but the riffs and soloing in contraband is top drawer.

Obviously its not on a par with the gnr classics, but that doesnt mean its not a credible record with some great tracks. Slither for example is up there with many of gnrs harder tracks.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2007, 11:01:37 AM »

Great album.

hey axlgurl, i agree with you here. but its all down to taste eh?

tho it has to be said its strange logic, kriss_boy, to argue that we cant criticise somethin slash played on/wrote/helped write.

i mean, lots people from bands i like have done awful stuff with other bands. its not at all inconsistent to dislike their other work tho, as its music. intellect and reason doesnt have much to do with it, and i think your trying too hard to rationalise it.

kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2007, 11:02:17 AM »

Great album.

do you mean the GN'R's come back? If yes, sure. A lot of sold out concerts in the 70+ they did last year, Axl Rose was invited to present the killers in the VMA's, the album is finished and will be out soon (just waiting mixing and mastering to be completed). Just to you know, not even bands that are releasing albums aren't selling out concerts. Bon Jovi sold out less than 50% of the last year's concerts. He had a pop album and couldn't get even 50% of his concerts sold out. Yea, that's a great come back.? ok

Are you insane? Im refering to the previous posters repsonse to my post....... not gnrs comeback tour.... jeez.
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2007, 11:04:08 AM »

tho it has to be said its strange logic, kriss_boy, to argue that we cant criticise somethin slash played on/wrote/helped write.

I didnt say anything like that.

I said how can you hate something with the same sentiment as appetite. A track like slither has the balls and attitude, riffs and solos of many tracks on appetite.

Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2007, 11:05:30 AM »

Are you insane? Im refering to the previous posters repsonse to my post....... not gnrs comeback tour.... jeez.
great come back? I still don't understand. I thought you were talking about GN'R comeback, since you mentioned VR in your post. Anyway, I said - if yes (...). If not, just ignore it.  ok

EDIT: I thought you were being sarcastic when you said that. Ok nevermind. hihi

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2007, 11:07:05 AM »

I didnt say anything like that.

I said how can you hate something with the same sentiment as appetite. A track like slither has the balls and attitude, riffs and solos of many tracks on appetite.

meh, its all perception. pennywise had the same spirit as bad religion, but they just dont do it as well. tho i dont waste time "hating" any music really. thats a bit extreme. tho certain stuff brings me close to it.

kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2007, 11:10:53 AM »

great come back? I still don't understand. I thought you were talking about GN'R comeback, since you mentioned VR in your post. Anyway, I said - if yes (...). If not, just ignore it.? ok

EDIT: I thought you were being sarcastic when you said that. Ok nevermind. hihi

axlgurl's response to my remarks were "i'm speechless... wow... just wow".. which is utter spam. If you disagree then sate why.. its not too hard... no ones actually said why contraband is so bad yet.

Anyway, im finished work so its home time, peace out!!!
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2007, 11:12:11 AM »

I liked Contraband- not the greatest, but it was alright. ?I definitely was interested in it and enjoyed listening to it a few times, but it isnt in heavy rotation in my car or ipod.

I thinkt hat contraband was very different than GNR stuff in many ways, but also had some similarities. ?All and all I think the differences are the reason why I liked it, when it tried to be like AFD, it just sounded like a cheap rip off imo.

Whoever said it was lacking Izzy is totally right. ?Its been said a hundred times, but deserves to be said again; Izzy is an amazing song writer.

I have been offended by Axlgurl- so her statements a joke that shes never offended anyone.

Stringer- are you going to be happy or upset that Avon is coming back in season 5? ?Or indifferent, i know a lot of people who stopped watching when stringer got hit.
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2007, 11:13:19 AM »

Nightrain is one of my fave gnr tracks... great intro, great riffs, great solos, .... and i really dont see how anyone can argue a song like Do it for the Kids or Slither is any different. Same structure. Same guitar god writing it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: