Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2024, 07:32:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227948 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Izzy?s tweets last night
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Izzy?s tweets last night  (Read 18324 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« on: April 05, 2016, 10:33:12 AM »

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-izzy-stradlin-gnr-truth/

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 10:37:21 AM »

Man, I really hope this doesn't enter into Bumblefoot territory here.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 10:47:29 AM »

Could someone explain what this means?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 10:49:41 AM »

That guy Msl is the self proclaimed know it all GNR insider... and he said some not so flattering things about Izzy demanding to be paid more money... and then izzy tweeted who asking who he was.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 11:01:31 AM »

That guy Msl is the self proclaimed know it all GNR insider... and he said some not so flattering things about Izzy demanding to be paid more money... and then izzy tweeted who asking who he was.

Oh, so this is just Izzy correcting the record?  That's actually good. I thought this was going to be more passive aggressive gossipy type shit, like with Ron.

And I can't really say I won't find some comedy in MSL having to backtrack.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 11:08:30 AM »

Oh, so this is just Izzy correcting the record?  That's actually good. I thought this was going to be more passive aggressive gossipy type shit, like with Ron.

I don't know .. Izzy didn't really say anything, just that he wanted to know who he was.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 12:11:24 PM »

I am only guessing, but if it is true, then it is information that shouldn't be in the public domain as does not help anyone or anything (unless Izzy has given the go ahead to pass on that information to show intention)

If it is false, then obviously Izzy isn't going to be happy about that either.
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 01:00:14 PM »

Izzy!!! 😂❤️
Too bad he didn't ask:"and who the FUCK is Jim!"
😂😂

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 11:49:28 PM »

Izzy!!! 😂❤️
Too bad he didn't ask:"and who the FUCK is Jim!"
😂😂

Jim is a really cool dude if you actually get to chatting with him. Real knowledgeable about lots of stuff and really generous with his time and responses. He's one of a kind, one of those irreplaceable legendary members of gnr land.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 02:40:44 AM »

He said GNR and Izzy couldn't agree on money. What is unflattering about that?

I've read Msl's site before and his answer to most questions seems to be, "I don't know." Have never seen him claim to be a know it all. He must be some sort of insider though as he announced months in advance the exact day GNR would be announced for Coachella and he was the first person to break the news about Axl meeting with AC/DC.
Lotgrinder
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 04:35:38 AM »

I made a thread a long time ago that I suspected Izzy and Steven to get jobbed out of money and money being the #1 reason we will not see a full AFD+Patience performance by the AFD lineup at any of these first five shows. Obviously, it was promptly deleted. Sad, Izzy and Steven are probably getting offered like 50k to show up for a few songs while Slash Duff and Axl get to live like kings. But, hey, they have a guy like me who has never even seen Axl and Slash on stage together so I am going to pay to see. Would be awesome if they could come to terms for a full AFD lineup reunion and start each show with that album or something like that. Anyway, whatever, shit happens when you get older and music becomes more of a business than having fun or doing what's 100% right. Wish there was enough money to go around for every original member even if just a few shows. Axl and co. still have time to get it right. They played Double Talkin Jive, there is no doubt they have been talking to Izzy. Hoping it will all work out by this weekend or for Coachella.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:39:39 AM by Lotgrinder » Logged

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 06:38:13 AM »

I suspect that's true.  Otherwise, I doubt MSL would have removed the post.

Likely Izzy contacted him to tell him it wasn't true, and to "ask" him to remove the post.  But...I guess we'll see.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 08:20:00 AM »

I made a thread a long time ago that I suspected Izzy and Steven to get jobbed out of money and money being the #1 reason we will not see a full AFD+Patience performance by the AFD lineup at any of these first five shows. Obviously, it was promptly deleted. Sad, Izzy and Steven are probably getting offered like 50k to show up for a few songs while Slash Duff and Axl get to live like kings. But, hey, they have a guy like me who has never even seen Axl and Slash on stage together so I am going to pay to see. Would be awesome if they could come to terms for a full AFD lineup reunion and start each show with that album or something like that. Anyway, whatever, shit happens when you get older and music becomes more of a business than having fun or doing what's 100% right. Wish there was enough money to go around for every original member even if just a few shows. Axl and co. still have time to get it right. They played Double Talkin Jive, there is no doubt they have been talking to Izzy. Hoping it will all work out by this weekend or for Coachella.

I don't really think this has to do with money. It would be really lame if Izzy would think he's entitled to a fifth of whatever comes in.

Let me be clear about this: I think Izzy's responsible for some of the best GnR songs. Period. However, he walked away from it all 25 years ago and has since only played a few dates with them. Axl has maintained the GnR company (it IS a company, and quite a big one and employs quite some people I think) and has been fully responsible for that. Also being responsible for all the shit that he (in my opinion undeservedly) got thrown at him over the last 25 years. Yet Axl chose to continue, with all the responsibilities connected to that (that in itself is worth a lot of respect in my opinion).

Next to that, Slash and Duff have worked extremely hard on building careers after Guns N Roses. Slash is a household name nowadays, and actually plays to quite big crowds worldwide. Duff to a lesser extent of course, but was part of Velvet Revolver, wrote some books and was a columnist etc. He's also quite 'famous'.

Izzy is not. No one outside of the hardcore GnR fans know who he is. He also opted to not take any responsibility regarding GnR and all that comes with it. He was out as soon as it became big. And I can definitely understand that from an artistic point of view. His stance that he "just wants to play" is one I can fully respect and definitely can appreciate. However, in a business sense: you can't quit the company you started 30 years ago and left 25 years ago and then expect to get the same cut as back in the day. Slash and Duff can ask for a certain % because they themselves are a brand in itself (especially Slash).

So I can not imagine that it's a money related issue. I think Izzy will pop up along the way somewhere, but that -just like in the old days and with Velvet Revolver- he does not want to be part of the big circus and all the hoopla and responsibilities that comes with it. Because it's too much for him to actually enjoy. I think the reason we see him popping up right now is because he -in his own way- might be contributing to the build up surrounding his former band mates and good friends. But that's just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 08:23:03 AM by FreddieJames » Logged

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2016, 08:28:07 AM »

I've read Msl's site before and his answer to most questions seems to be, "I don't know." Have never seen him claim to be a know it all. He must be some sort of insider though as he announced months in advance the exact day GNR would be announced for Coachella and he was the first person to break the news about Axl meeting with AC/DC.

His whole site and schtick rubs me the wrong way...not my cup of tea...

He worded it in a way which Izzy was holding out for more money (which might be true).. that can be interpreted as unflattering. Obviously it struck a chord with Izzy one way or the other.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 08:49:27 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Lotgrinder
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2016, 09:00:16 AM »

I respect everything you say Freddy, and agree to an extent. But, I think there are two opportunities  coming up to do things right at least for one weekend and throw Izzy and Steven a bone. Izzy never liked the big tours anyway. Perhaps Adler isn't in the best shape to do a full tour either. I bet they are available this weekend and later in this month to play AFD in its entirety for a price fair to all parties. On the upcoming twenty city tour stick to whatever offer is out there. For these shows that cost fans $300, airfare, etc to get in, make more of an efffortto give us original AFD line up. That's my .02 as well. Wish we could get a Go Fund Me going and people who wanted Izzy there could pay him out of their own pocket. I would.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2016, 09:12:38 AM »

I respect everything you say Freddy, and agree to an extent. But, I think there are two opportunities  coming up to do things right at least for one weekend and throw Izzy and Steven a bone. Izzy never liked the big tours anyway. Perhaps Adler isn't in the best shape to do a full tour either. I bet they are available this weekend and later in this month to play AFD in its entirety for a price fair to all parties. On the upcoming twenty city tour stick to whatever offer is out there. For these shows that cost fans $300, airfare, etc to get in, make more of an efffortto give us original AFD line up. That's my .02 as well. Wish we could get a Go Fund Me going and people who wanted Izzy there could pay him out of their own pocket. I would.

Would love to see it for even one show at some point....

However, with all due respect... I could think of a few better causes in the world to go fund than paying for Steven and Izzy to play with the band.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2016, 09:20:46 AM »

I want to see Izzy and Steven up there as much as you do btw  peace I just think that some fans (not you) are unaware of other factors than 'not enough money' or 'Axl being a dick' scenarios. Maybe Izzy just doesn't want to, but appreciates the reinvigorated attention the reunion of AS&D brings that he therefore throws us a bone (many want to hear and see him) in the form of an official channel of communicating (Twitter) and his newly recorded covers. I don't know, but that could also be an option.

As for Steven, I wish the guy the best. But after seeing him on the Dr Drew(?) Rehab show I kind of lost hope he would ever be reliable enough to tour with GnR, especially after what he recently said about Duff not believing him anymore. He seems to be too dependent on anything that gives him a high, so also being part of GnR.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
oreilly1234
Opening Act

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2016, 09:38:31 AM »

didn't a buddy of MSL tweet and remove this
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2016, 10:00:53 AM »

Next to that, Slash and Duff have worked extremely hard on building careers after Guns N Roses. Slash is a household name nowadays, and actually plays to quite big crowds worldwide. Duff to a lesser extent of course, but was part of Velvet Revolver, wrote some books and was a columnist etc. He's also quite 'famous'.

Izzy is not. No one outside of the hardcore GnR fans know who he is. He also opted to not take any responsibility regarding GnR and all that comes with it. He was out as soon as it became big. And I can definitely understand that from an artistic point of view. His stance that he "just wants to play" is one I can fully respect and definitely can appreciate. However, in a business sense: you can't quit the company you started 30 years ago and left 25 years ago and then expect to get the same cut as back in the day. Slash and Duff can ask for a certain % because they themselves are a brand in itself (especially Slash).

Agreed.

This was the Eagles argument.  It was Henley nd Frey that kept the name out there.  So they got a bigger cut of the reunion take.

"A band is like a sports team, but not everybody gets to touch the ball."  That was their quote on the matter.

jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2016, 11:02:32 AM »

Regardless of possible coincidences or one-off opportunities, let?s presume he knows fuck-all about this now (until proven otherwise). That being a basis for his allegation, couldn?t that be considered quite unflattering?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 11:05:21 AM by jamillos22 » Logged

Hell has frozen over.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: