Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 02:28:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227858 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy may end up online for Free--Universal revoltuionary move
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy may end up online for Free--Universal revoltuionary move  (Read 3835 times)
miss bomb
Rocker

nanook

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 11:44:16 AM »

aye i was watching this on the news today, they reckon other labels and sites like itunes will follow suit. anyway, good news for gnr i guess...people could listen for free, then open them to a whole new world of gnr

7.6.6,11.6.6,29.7.6x2,10.11.6
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 11:56:35 AM »

Not as much as you think.. Thats not where the money is when your in a band.

$1 per record is a lot when you've sold 50 million albums.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 12:05:24 PM »

A truly genius move by Universal. The world is going digital, and instead of spending money on fighting a development they can't hope to stop anyway, they're adapting to it.

A win-win situation for everyone.

The business sector will be able to get more revenue in having their commercials reach out to more people in a more efficient way.

The record company will make alot more money on advertising then record sales, as more people will download when the music is free. The bands reach a much greater audience, which again makes them more money.

And most importantly; We, the customer, get's the opportunity to listen to all the music we want for free (Although we'll off course spend the money we save on all the useless shit in the commercials hihi)

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2006, 12:40:14 PM »

You lot are missing the point.

All free legal downloading does is shift the purchase from your bank account to the bank account of some global corporation who advertise either on or during your download.

Advertising will play a large part of this as it will allow the record company to make back the money they would be losing by giving away their products.

I agree that it is unlikely to be that big a revolution as a lot of people still want the book that accompanies the CD, and a CD case for it to go in their collection. That is the one big downside to digital media.
ComeOnAxl!
Rocker

Sup Ya Brew 2 !

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2006, 12:41:51 PM »

Universal, better watch there steps..........

Bow!
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2006, 12:42:51 PM »

Lock this misleading as all hell thread please.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2006, 01:03:29 PM »

i think it's a great idea. instead of bitching and moaning about the $$ they're losing, they're finding an alternate way to make money instead- advertising. i suppose i can put up with some lame commercials while a cd is downloading. Chinese Democracy is still a cd that i will purchase though, along with a few other bands that i'm loyal to.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2006, 01:23:22 PM »

I am still trying to find out how this is mis-leading?  Isn't GNR on the Universal label?  Isn't GNR a part of the Universal catalog?  Isn't GNR gearing up to release music under the Universal label?  Can't we have an educated conversation on this wonderful board, that is not about what color of braids Axl gonna wear at the MTV awards?   I, for one, would love more tangible, intelligent conversation!!

I think, this opens up huge, new avenues for fans and the label.  Heck, instead of buying our favorite artists CD, we will buy their DVD.  The times are a changin! 

I think, it will only help a major established artist like GNR, as fans and new fans can have their music at their fingertips for free!  It will only increase the interest in the live shows and merchandise!!!  yes 
Z
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2006, 03:17:36 PM »

I am still trying to find out how this is mis-leading?? Isn't GNR on the Universal label?? Isn't GNR a part of the Universal catalog?? Isn't GNR gearing up to release music under the Universal label?? Can't we have an educated conversation on this wonderful board, that is not about what color of braids Axl gonna wear at the MTV awards?? ?I, for one, would love more tangible, intelligent conversation!!

I think, this opens up huge, new avenues for fans and the label.? Heck, instead of buying our favorite artists CD, we will buy their DVD.? The times are a changin!?

I think, it will only help a major established artist like GNR, as fans and new fans can have their music at their fingertips for free!? It will only increase the interest in the live shows and merchandise!!!? yes?

It's yet another misleading title that leads one to believe that the thread contains info on the pending release of Chinese Democracy.

This is not a subject that includes Chinese Democracy.  It's a discussion that belongs in the Bad Obsession section without referencing CD in the title.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: