Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:53:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axls LATEST rant - 10-ycbm-2006-06-11
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axls LATEST rant - 10-ycbm-2006-06-11  (Read 29848 times)
greendog
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2006, 07:06:07 PM »

axl sounds horrible on you could be mine. I hate monitor mixes, they aren't the true sound that was coming out of the system.
i take it you havent heard bachs monitor mix yet  hihi
flickn
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2006, 07:06:38 PM »

axl sounds horrible on you could be mine. I hate monitor mixes, they aren't the true sound that was coming out of the system.

what are you talkng about ....thats ecactly how he sounds like with no vocal delay or verbage added!!

uh no.? I am not even going to begin to explain to you how it works.? But that is NOT how he would sound if he were singing right to your face. There is some compression and other things that are going on here.

I work with sound ,basically in a nut shell his voice hits a pa effects ?box before it hits the speakers in a arena or coleisumn.This is uncompressed vocal sound .Like how you talk in the morning on a phone just after you wake up.
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2006, 07:10:46 PM »

wow this is priceless Shocked hihi

I love it! beer

I wanna hear the whole thing now! d/l at the mo

sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2006, 07:13:56 PM »

I bet Tom is already fired for the U.S Tour  hihi

Nah...

I remember, probably in the Pittsburgh '02 soundboards, when Axl screws up near the end of Rocket Queen. The band covers up for him nicely, playing the 'Here I am' -part twice, so that he can get back on track. Afterwards, he rants a bit, saying: "I just had a fuck-up with Mr Tom Mayhue, doing his job well there!"

So it's most likely water under the bridge, a heat of the moment kind of thing. Tom should know how to handle these things by now.  Grin

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
greendog
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2006, 07:19:25 PM »

Tom should know how to handle these things by now.? Grin
This Tom is starting to sound quite a guy... maybe he's more Guns n Roses than Pitman  ok
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2006, 07:30:33 PM »

Well, Tom was with the road crew even back in the UYI tour, and is credited as a technician in TSI. So he's been a part of the organisation for a good while.

BTW, while on the subject:

"Appearing as uncluttered as Henry?s FOH area, Seal?s stage contains no wedge monitors and very few microphones. ?Except for the cymbals, everything on stage is electronic,? Henry says. ?We want to keep a dead-quiet stage so that the vocal mic has nothing feeding into it, which gives you optimum sound. He?s got such a spectacular voice that you don?t want to mess it up.? Production manager Tom Mayhue, who, like Henry, has worked with Seal for nearly a decade, says that they haven?t experienced any problems with this setup, though it is a bit ?more technical? than previous tours."

- http://www.ultimateears.com/superfi/press__static__file-audio-trades_2004-02-02-Mix.html

Guess ol' Tom should use Seal's setup for Axl as well.  rofl

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2006, 07:32:20 PM »

You just got to love it.   hihi
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2006, 07:39:34 PM »

boy someone pissed in somebody's cheerio's lol.such lanquage i never lol.boy that just turned me on '

the one an only horsey !
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2006, 07:57:00 PM »

Well clearly an English show would be more important that one at some far flung holiday resort.

Donnington was a big chance for the band to stamp the preconceptions out. They showed a lot of balls taking on that festival and they were rewarded with an array of technical errors and a brutal crowd.

Yet they still won the fuckers over in the end. A landmark GNR show.

It was also the first big show in front a UK audience, a precursor to the UK gigs in July. Even when looking at the big picture, I'd rank Download right up there with RIR5 and Rock Am Ring. So I'd say Axl had a good reason to be worried.

Notice the 'asshole' comment before Better, then take a look at the video. Axl's standing still for the whole song, he was major-league pissed right about then.

robinfinckfan
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2006, 08:32:10 PM »

Great performance of I.R.S, well audio anyway. 

my ipod is very happy
31illusions
I am the coolest guy I know
Rocker

Axl, slash, duff, izzy & steven. The true GN'R!

« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2006, 08:33:05 PM »

Hey can someone RE-UP this, the links say "download limit exceeded" thanks!

There you go, negative karma for you for being a troll. I'll give gandra negative karma as well. Happy now?  Next time you try this behavior will be the last. keep that in mind.

/jarmo
Steel_Angel
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2006, 08:34:46 PM »

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=BC62838C55C0150C
31illusions
I am the coolest guy I know
Rocker

Axl, slash, duff, izzy & steven. The true GN'R!

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2006, 08:37:48 PM »

^^^you are the man inferno! yes

There you go, negative karma for you for being a troll. I'll give gandra negative karma as well. Happy now?  Next time you try this behavior will be the last. keep that in mind.

/jarmo
Steel_Angel
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2006, 08:47:35 PM »

heres the full song

Y.C.B.M.: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=A2ECA73E5E87F87B

I must admit, hearing Ron sing at the end made me laugh. i dont really like his singing.
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2006, 09:02:44 PM »

sheesh, what a bitch.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2006, 09:04:47 PM »

sheesh great post fuckin spammer.^^
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2006, 09:12:30 PM »

If there ever was a show to hear a monitor mix, this was the one that needed to be heard.

Bloody awesome to everyone who made this puppy happen.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2006, 09:14:17 PM »

here frozen, i hosted the clip so it wont expire
here
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2006, 09:16:26 PM »

I don't believe I had heard that rant by Axl before. Boy does he sound pretty irritated and pissed though.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2006, 09:24:41 PM »

Jesus christ. Where'd you get hold of that anyways?
http://www.thenewguns.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1341

like i said, you can hear merck throughout a few songs. like when tommy throws his bass and hits someone.

What did Merck say there?

EDIT: Okay, I found it. If anyone else wants to hear it: http://media.putfile.com/better-end-2006-06-11
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 09:48:19 PM by Mandy. » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: