Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 02:00:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227852 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axls LATEST rant - 10-ycbm-2006-06-11
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axls LATEST rant - 10-ycbm-2006-06-11  (Read 29794 times)
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2006, 01:52:42 PM »

.it wouldn't take a fucking rocket scientist for someone to hook up my mic pack.. hihi

Axl is always having issues with mic packs. There either falling off or he is tampering with the switches. Maybe it is about time for some company to design a new Axl proof mic pack.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 01:57:56 PM by codenameninja » Logged
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2006, 01:54:13 PM »

I just listened to the entire concert and Axl says some pretty funny shit in between songs......At the end of - I Used to love her - he yells "what a fuckin' mess!!" And the end of the solo before PC he says to someone "get me plane tickets to New York, NOW!!" I think it's pretty funny....

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2006, 02:03:11 PM »

it's both funny and dramatic. Dramatic because sometimes Axl acts like a 12 years old children. "give me this, nah give me that! if I don't get it I go home!"... hey, life is not so easy Axl. When shit happens, act like an adult not like a children. anyway, it was probably a bad day and a bad crowd who knows? I've always said pure metal-heads crowd like this one is not right for GN'R. crowds are different and people are different. Things happen way better when the crowd is more a basic Rock crowd like Rock in Rio or Rock am Ring, more Rock and less Metal. generally Metal festivals have more extreme crowds and all i can say is that GN'R ain't into that pure metal scene. Never was and never will be.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 02:07:54 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
thegreg1
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2006, 02:06:05 PM »

I just listened to the entire concert and Axl says some pretty funny shit in between songs......At the end of - I Used to love her - he yells "what a fuckin' mess!!" And the end of the solo before PC he says to someone "get me plane tickets to New York, NOW!!" I think it's pretty funny....

Is the entire show available with the monitor mix?

So far I'd only heard the YCBM clip that was linked here.

Is so, where can I get the whole show?

"Trying to watch Mr. Belvedere over here!" Stewie Griffin
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2006, 02:10:50 PM »

YEAH! No shit! I didn't see the whole show either?!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2006, 02:10:59 PM »

it's both funny and dramatic. Dramatic because sometimes Axl acts like a 12 years old children. "give me this, nah give me that! if I don't get it I go home!"... hey, life is not so easy Axl. When shit happens, act like an adult not like a children. anyway, it was probably a bad day and a bad crowd who knows? I've always said pure metal-heads crowd like this one is not right for GN'R. crowds are different and people are different. Things happen way better when the crowd is more a basic Rock crowd like Rock in Rio or Rock am Ring, more Rock and less Metal. generally Metal festivals have more extreme crowds and all i can say is that GN'R ain't into that pure metal scene.
That had nothing to do with it....the band sounded like total shit at times because of obvious sound problems.....that's all......I understand what you are saying but I don't think Donnington applies. They knew GNR was there and they stayed to watch them. They played and Axl sang MUCH better as the tour progressed. Thank God.

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2006, 02:13:29 PM »

Sorry guys....I thought everyone had it before me actually.....http://www.thenewguns.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1341

Enjoy

PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2006, 02:15:51 PM »

GNR seems to have more sound problems than many other performers.  People need to be held accountable if they are not doing their job right.  Axl was pissed, but he probably had a right to be.  If the sound guys aren't getting the job done right get new ones.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2006, 02:19:19 PM »

There's a hell of a lot of conversations going on in the background at various stages - at the end of SCOM for example, but someone would have to use headphones, crank it up a little, etc to make it out. I'll bet there's some fascinating tslk going on. I might have a closer listen.

@#$%Funker
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2006, 02:32:05 PM »

Give us feedback on that....I am at work with no headphones....

TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2006, 02:39:52 PM »

You have to admit that vocally this is not one of Axl's better performances. The technical problems and the crowd just didn't help either.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2006, 02:42:11 PM »

You have to admit that vocally this is not one of Axl's better performances. The technical problems and the crowd just didn't help either.

Absolutely...he had his moments though.....but so did the crowd

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2006, 02:50:13 PM »

Before CD, someone shouts "Chinese?" Axl goes "Alright", the the original voice goes "yeah?" in disbelief, the shouts it out to the rest of the band. Then about 30 seconds later someone comes up again and says "Is it Chinese?" again sounding surprised.

@#$%Funker
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2006, 03:11:13 PM »

"Is it Chinese?"

"no" It has to be answered by axl as " it don't really matter" at a certain point. hihi

Sorry guys....I thought everyone had it before me actually.....http://www.thenewguns.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1341

Enjoy

Thanks Skinflick  Cheesy
and thanks rx, Crazyman EFISH timebomb and anyone who posted the link.

Now all I need is a means of opening flac files.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #114 on: August 28, 2006, 03:13:11 PM »

Enjoy

Thanks!! I was a member there LONG before here. I guess I should open my damn eyes sometime!!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2006, 03:14:28 PM »

"Is it Chinese?"

"no" It has to be answered by axl as " it don't really matter" at a certain point. hihi

Enjoy

Thanks Skinflick? Cheesy
and thanks rx, Crazyman EFISH timebomb and anyone who posted the link.

Now all I need is a means of opening flac files.

Winrare files are ready for download if you scroll down their page a bit......

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2006, 03:29:59 PM »

I will. Cheers doubles Skinflick.  Kiss

I guess I should open my damn eyes sometime!!

I'm half asleep. Embarrassed
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #117 on: August 28, 2006, 03:58:01 PM »

Listen to the very end of UTLH.  Grin

- "Paradise City, Axl...we're runnin' out of time."

- "Last I know, you weren't in the band. The one thing you got right was to tell me to leave the stage, good for you, buddy - good for you!"

- "That was Merck."

[no answer]

hihi

Listening to this monitor mix you can definitely hear that his vocal chords have taken strain from all the hard singing back in the day. When he says "Good for you buddy" it's really high-pitched and doesn't sound too much like Axl. Ditto for when he says "Stupid idiot" during the YCBM rant. He actually sounds younger.  Huh
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2006, 04:02:06 PM »

Listen to the very end of UTLH.? Grin

- "Paradise City, Axl...we're runnin' out of time."

- "Last I know, you weren't in the band. The one thing you got right was to tell me to leave the stage, good for you, buddy - good for you!"

- "That was Merck."

[no answer]

hihi

Listening to this monitor mix you can definitely hear that his vocal chords have taken strain from all the hard singing back in the day. When he says "Good for you buddy" it's really high-pitched and doesn't sound too much like Axl. Ditto for when he says "Stupid idiot" during the YCBM rant. He actually sounds younger.? Huh

Sorry, i don't understand, who was Axl talking to when he said "last i know, you weren't in the band" etc...?

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2006, 04:05:22 PM »

Izzy- who else?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: