Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:39:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RiR- backstage
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RiR- backstage  (Read 2157 times)
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« on: May 19, 2006, 08:18:50 AM »

Not to be an asshole.... Lol Tongue but I read your posts guys and you seem like you know what you?re doing. I mean, many of you have already met some members of the band, you seem like you know when and where to be, you know... Well, the only chance I have to eventually meet them will be on RiR... Well, RiR is this big place, and it must be very difficult, if not impossible to reach them, or even to get in the backstage. Like, yesterday I went to an Arctic Monkeys concert, and it was in a very small place, it was very intimist and cool u know, if I had wanted I could?ve reached them, I was very close to the stage lol but I didn?t like them that much so I just left at the end... Well, what I want is you to give me some tips or if you?re going to RiR to tell me what you?re planning to do, if you?re going just to watch the concert or to try somethig else lol... :hihi:and I know this must be impossible, but, I wanna read what you think about it. Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 08:34:05 AM »

Just post a picture and i'll tell you if you'll be able to go backstage  hihi

Like peeing clouds!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 08:42:03 AM »

LOL is that it? That?s what is needed to get to the backstage??? rofl Oh well... if it was so easy I would post it... rofl

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 08:43:02 AM »

LOL is that it? That?s what is needed to get to the backstage??? rofl Oh well... if it was so easy I would post it... rofl

then do it  Grin
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 09:06:45 AM »

LOL, I would indeed, if I didn?t think it?d be completely useless, you?re looking like some star wars nerds hihi... I?m asking for tips and your opinion guys... c?mon.

just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 09:10:17 AM »

LOL more seriously im thinking there is a way.
2 years ago some friends of mine met metallica and all they had to do was going to the sic radical stand and talk to fernando alvim and rui unas.
somehow they got them backstage.

by your nickname i think u are from portugal(so am i) so u will surely know who im talking about Wink
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 09:53:16 AM »

lol yeah i?m portuguese, you?re friends are such lucky guys anyway Wink....? Thanks for your tip...?  : ok:lol I might try that, and yeah I know them both, not in person though....

so, anymore tips?...

(btw, yesterday I was wondering... What?s the name of the tour?)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 10:00:12 AM by Ines » Logged

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 10:12:11 AM »

This is going to sound shallow of me!

If your femal and fit, your chances of getting backstage are about 70% higher than any other person who isnt involved with the band who is trying to get backstage! You just have to find some poor single sucka........... and work it if you get what im saying!

Jonx
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 11:05:41 AM »

This is going to sound shallow of me!

If your femal and fit, your chances of getting backstage are about 70% higher than any other person who isnt involved with the band who is trying to get backstage! You just have to find some poor single sucka........... and work it if you get what im saying!

Jonx

add to that some cleavage Lips Sealed
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 12:31:28 PM »

LOL, oh well, that was a great tip.... Yeah that?s what I?m going to do then if I got 70% of chances.... rofl (kidding, obviously)... Well, I would, if I was a bitch... which is not the case... but hey maybe you?re right... that?s the only way afterall... So, what happens to the ugly and fat girls?? rofl LOL. those will never meet band members... rofl This is pure evil... lol I?ll wait for some better tips  Wink lol

patience26
Rocker

There`s someone in my head, but it?s not me...

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 02:12:11 PM »

Hi: I?m a portuguese girl too!I`ve been thinking the same thing as you Ines! I`ve tried to call that number that was passing at SIC, every 2500 calls, they give a backstage pass or something like that! Last time i called i was call n?5070! Faltou-me um cadito assim ,LOL! Anyway, the number is 760100600! Try it! Maybe you`re luckier than me! beer beer

Blame it on the Falung Gong!
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 02:26:47 PM »

I think most of these people are sucessful because they are hardcore fans who travel across the country (globe?) to see shows and then wait for several hours after the show for the band to come out.  It's not really that tough to get tickets to small shows or meet the band if you are dedicated and know what you're doing.  But, I don't think the casual fan would ever get this chance because they don't want it bad enough.

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 02:59:05 PM »

I think most of these people are sucessful because they are hardcore fans who travel across the country (globe?) to see shows and then wait for several hours after the show for the band to come out.  It's not really that tough to get tickets to small shows or meet the band if you are dedicated and know what you're doing.  But, I don't think the casual fan would ever get this chance because they don't want it bad enough.

Well, I'll be travelling from Greece to Portugal, Spain and Germany, but to be quite honest, I don't see it happening...

Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 03:55:01 PM »

I think most of these people are sucessful because they are hardcore fans who travel across the country (globe?) to see shows and then wait for several hours after the show for the band to come out. It's not really that tough to get tickets to small shows or meet the band if you are dedicated and know what you're doing. But, I don't think the casual fan would ever get this chance because they don't want it bad enough.

Yup... worked for me, on a few occassions Smiley  Mind you, I don't travel the globe (okay, Florida is the furthest I've traveled... but I was on my honeymoon, so that is my excuse Smiley), but when my favourite bands come to town, I usually have very good luck and am able to meet them. 

February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 05:16:37 PM »

I went the last day of the last RIR edition and you could get near the backstage, but it was really crowed and security didn't play around, i'm going with my husband this time (and it took a lot of emotional blackmail Grin) i'll just go crazy if i stay there for hours to see the band leave. The best way to do it In?s is to get there early and try to see them at the arrival, or thouse competions they do during the day to get a backstage pass.
And of course you can allways try and find the hotel there in, i work right across the Tivoli Tejo, considering it's really near Bela Vista it's a possibility. But generally famous people either stay at Meredian or S?o Pedro nas Amoreiras.
And yes it is a bit of Stalking
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 05:22:56 PM »

Hi: I?m a portuguese girl too!I`ve been thinking the same thing as you Ines! I`ve tried to call that number that was passing at SIC, every 2500 calls, they give a backstage pass or something like that! Last time i called i was call n?5070! Faltou-me um cadito assim ,LOL! Anyway, the number is 760100600! Try it! Maybe you`re luckier than me! beer beer

LOL hehe I?ve tried it twice as well, but it always stucks in the number 5000 and something... I got no luck in those things u know... no Oh, and I?m not alone on this lol, what is pretty cool indeed.

I think most of these people are sucessful because they are hardcore fans who travel across the country (globe?) to see shows and then wait for several hours after the show for the band to come out. It's not really that tough to get tickets to small shows or meet the band if you are dedicated and know what you're doing. But, I don't think the casual fan would ever get this chance because they don't want it bad enough.

Yup... worked for me, on a few occassions Smiley Mind you, I don't travel the globe (okay, Florida is the furthest I've traveled... but I was on my honeymoon, so that is my excuse Smiley), but when my favourite bands come to town, I usually have very good luck and am able to meet them.

Well, maybe this is all a matter of luck... But yeah, many of you have done it... you rules guys... lol and I so envy u as well... but yeah, on RiR it will be too fucking difficult, if not impossible. no lol but I still have hope!! hihi
I went the last day of the last RIR edition and you could get near the backstage, but it was really crowed and security didn't play around, i'm going with my husband this time (and it took a lot of emotional blackmail Grin) i'll just go crazy if i stay there for hours to see the band leave. The best way to do it In?s is to get there early and try to see them at the arrival, or thouse competions they do during the day to get a backstage pass.
And of course you can allways try and find the hotel there in, i work right across the Tivoli Tejo, considering it's really near Bela Vista it's a possibility. But generally famous people either stay at Meredian or S?o Pedro nas Amoreiras.
And yes it is a bit of Stalking

haha that was a great tip, thanks! however, I think it?s a bit abusive sneaking around in the hotels lol
yeah, i?ll try to get there early, but the doors only open at 15.00pm, which sucks... but yeah, even if I get near it, it?ll be too crowded... Roll Eyes

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2006, 05:29:45 PM »

Well, I'll be travelling from Greece to Portugal, Spain and Germany, but to be quite honest, I don't see it happening...

did u go to nyc?

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2006, 05:31:22 PM »

also, you're unlikely to meet them at a huge festival, like i said you really need to travel to where they are playing at small venues, etc.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2006, 06:51:49 PM »

also, you're unlikely to meet them at a huge festival, like i said you really need to travel to where they are playing at small venues, etc.

Well, unfortunately they won't be playing small venues in Europe, with the exception of London for which I don't have any money now cause I've spent it all on Madrid, Lisbon and Nuremberg...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: