Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 03:30:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Buckethead is a big loss for Axl
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckethead is a big loss for Axl  (Read 13824 times)
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: August 12, 2005, 12:03:03 PM »

I just get a few albums of Buckethead and i was so fucking shocked when i start to listen. It` samazing. Buckethead is really amazing guitar player. His best album is Monsters & Robots from 1999 for me. Killing guitars, good drums from Brain - just can`t compare with trade guitar sound of Slash and VR. I`m really very sorry that Bucket left. Hope Axl keeps his solos in CD.

For everyone who didn`t listen Buckethead album i recommend Jump Man single from the same album.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 01:02:28 PM »

Axl lead me to believe by his last statement that Buckethead used GNR to promote his solo career.  That being said, I can't see myself checking out his work.  I do like his Star Wars solos from the 2002 bootlegs, but seeing how he and Axl are on the outs, I am going to "keep it real" for Axl.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 04:10:26 PM »

Axl lead me to believe by his last statement that Buckethead used GNR to promote his solo career.? That being said, I can't see myself checking out his work.? I do like his Star Wars solos from the 2002 bootlegs, but seeing how he and Axl are on the outs, I am going to "keep it real" for Axl.

Buckethead has had a very long career in which he met numerous people who (almost) without exception, talk very highly of him (Then there?s Axl). They appreciate him as an artist and even more as a person (it's all there in writing to prove it). They describe him as being very loyal and mild-mannered and wouldn't doubt a second to work on another project. Not only because of the musician, but also because of the person.Then all of the sudden he meets Axl.

Who has a reputation (since the early 90's) of scaring practically everybody away (the list is endless) who steps into his life. Unsurprisingly, now Axl talks about Buckethead like most people talk about Axl. Knowing that Buckethead has no such relationship with any of the dozens of artists he worked with in the past, I really can't see how he should have used Axl. He shared the stage with GNR so little times that the general public didn't even had time to notice him. He never gave Axl the same treatment in the media, Axl chose to give him. Especially when Axl better could have invested some time in finding a solution for the RIR-fiasco, instead of dropping the ball 4 months in advance, blaming it on Buck. Especially when even two months before that (the press-release), Bill Laswell told me that Buckethead wouldn?t join GNR in RIR. The post I wrote at that time should be on this forum somewhere (when all sources around GNR were still denying everything). That?s 6 months my friend, for Axl to do something else than bitch about Buckethead in the media. Just face it, Axl wasn't ready for it.? All the proof you need for this fact, is the fact that CD isn't spinning in your CD-player as we speak. In the past GNR never had more then two guitar players at their disposal, so finding a quick short term solution for RiR really wouldn't have been that difficult. If I knew Buck was gone, Axl sure as hell did as well. Remember how Axl said that Buck's departure would speed up the process? Well I ask you again....where's the CD?

Axl should try to figure out the significance of the fact that every situation and every relation in his life (during the past decade and a half) goes down the drain with only himself as a constant factor in each and every one of those situations and relationships. Before you keep it real for Axl make sure that Axl is keeping it real himself. Love the guy, but he's full of it. Love the performer, but not the person.

-PEACE-
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 04:40:19 PM by Slipdisc » Logged

Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 04:16:13 PM »

I just get a few albums of Buckethead and i was so fucking shocked when i start to listen. It` samazing. Buckethead is really amazing guitar player. His best album is Monsters & Robots from 1999 for me. Killing guitars, good drums from Brain - just can`t compare with trade guitar sound of Slash and VR. I`m really very sorry that Bucket left. Hope Axl keeps his solos in CD.

For everyone who didn`t listen Buckethead album i recommend Jump Man single from the same album.

Jump Man is a classic yes. It's dedicated to Michael Jordan, you know? If you like Monsters & Robots then there is a whole world of his music you really should explore.

Enjoy!

-PEACE-

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 01:58:24 AM »

Certainly Buckethead is an excellent guitar player, anyway it doesnt come to Skill its about soul and only Slash can play the old songs with "feeling" now guys you wanna talk about losses, well.....  go ahead...

@;---,----.--.-,-.-,-.,-------- TPR
Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2005, 09:21:41 AM »

I'm affraid your in the wrong section here buddy, To start another Buckethead vs. Slash thread you need to be in the deadhorse section.

its about soul and only Slash can play the old songs with "feeling"

Can't help it, whenever I see somebody make a complete fool of themselves I just need to respond.

Complete nonsense, if you gonna say something that stupid at least fake a stroke. Due to his ambient albums Buckethead is regarded as one of the most emotional and soulful guitarplayers around. Ever heard Electric Tears and Population Override? Slash only wishes he could play that soulful. Slash is nothing special, his subpar playing in VR and every other band he has been in since GNR is all the evidence I need.

-PEACE-
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 09:33:31 AM by Slipdisc » Logged

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2005, 03:15:43 PM »

man, I dont care if buckethead is the best guitar player in his fucking world... I mean about the soul, when he plays GNR tunes.... I dont feel the songs as they should be...

@;---,----.,-.-,-.-,.-,-,-------- tpr

Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2005, 07:44:49 PM »

I agree with Slipdisc.. Don't understand when some GNR fans say BH doesn't play with soul. They haven't heard BH solo work. No soul in GNR old tunes ? He didn't write them  Roll Eyes On another note I think BH nightrain solo is far better than Slash one.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2005, 09:07:22 PM »

It aint about Speed, its about soul, and BH played perfectly the gnr songs, but, the soul of the songs got lost with the new members...

@;--.-,.--------.-,------- tpr
nyd
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2005, 10:49:23 PM »

I have a few Buckethead solo albums but really wasn't impressed by them, certainly nothing special. I really didn't like seeing him live with GNR, he had absolutely no stage presence. Wearing a bucket and yellow jacket does not give you stage presence  Undecided

Now Tommy Stinson, thats another story. Fine solo album, nice back catalog of records, and a bouncy stage presence. Keep this man in GNR (unless Westerberg wants him back then I want him to leave :p)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2005, 10:56:51 PM »

slipdisc, that post about Axl and Buckethead is one of the best posts I've read. I agree 100%. Axl's excuses have reached the point of absurdity. I think if BH's parts are taken off, this album is never coming out. How can losing the most innovative guitarist of our generation be taking things to the next level? So far this next level Axl speaks of has been zero accomplishment. Nothing has been done since BH left. I'm one of the people who thinks this album has been done since 1999/2000. This wait has been meaningless. He could have released it at any time, but chose not to. These "finishing touches" that Axl speaks of is nothing but procrastination.

MoonMax
Headliner

Moon Travel Free Of Charge!

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2005, 12:02:21 AM »

Slipdisc:

about Your large post here

I think it's very hard to make an opinion based on opinions. We don't actually knows what happened there and why. But there's a true You can't deny - Buckethead has probably trippeled his albums salesment.
If people say he was so loyal it doesn't change the fact, that he could got pissed off and quit using the time for his solo work. His decision made consequences.
I remember that some member were saying that it won't make things slower(and it wasn't Axl), so it's not only Axl's opinion.

We all know, the Axl is perfectionist, so I'm not suprosied that he didn't find the replacemnt. Maybe there will be two guitars Guns N' Roses like it was before? Who knows?

Cheers
MoonMax
makane
Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2005, 09:34:21 AM »

I'm affraid your in the wrong section here buddy, To start another Buckethead vs. Slash thread you need to be in the deadhorse section.

its about soul and only Slash can play the old songs with "feeling"

Can't help it, whenever I see somebody make a complete fool of themselves I just need to respond.

Complete nonsense, if you gonna say something that stupid at least fake a stroke. Due to his ambient albums Buckethead is regarded as one of the most emotional and soulful guitarplayers around. Ever heard Electric Tears and Population Override? Slash only wishes he could play that soulful. Slash is nothing special, his subpar playing in VR and every other band he has been in since GNR is all the evidence I need.

-PEACE-
What's so stupid about saying Slash is the only one who knows the stories and the emotions in hes notes? and, it was about GN'R songs, not about how soulful hes now in VR or anything, about the OLD GN'R SONGS. maybe some people dont' see the emotion behind Slash's blues based playing, i understand, i don't see the emotion behind running scales as fast as you can. (this was the case in newgn'r, haven't listened bh's solo albums)

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2005, 04:01:40 PM »

Slipdisc is saying BH can play them with "feeling" too. what's the problem there?

If you want to hear Slash go listen VR. Or his solos. No? you want it on GN'R? you got 3 great albums already plus videos and hell lots of boots.
If you want to hear BH's soulful guitar, you can have his albums. No you want to hear him on GN'R?
So do I. Lets Wait and see.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2005, 07:14:35 PM »

Well certainly the soul BH, put when he played the old gnr songs, back in the days,.... its only a matter of opinion, but for me and a lot of Guys, only SLASH, deserves to play them and  he is the only one who can play them with soul and emotion....  the artist himself playing his solos such a sweet child o mine a classic....

@;----.,---,.--,----------- TPR

joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... er... dead tomorrow...? maybe?..

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2005, 05:08:54 AM »

Hey

i just thought i'd give my input on the 'Bucket V Slash' thing.

I think that most people BELIEVE that Slash is inititally better as he is the person that they associate the songs with when they hear them, and feel kinda 'xenophobic' towards anyone trying to become part of how it used to be, but upon closer inspection, i think you'll find that
1) Buckethead plays the songs AMAZINGLY
2) His solo records show he has amazing depth and emotion in what he plays
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2005, 05:06:43 PM »

How many times can we have this debate of Bucket VS Slash? Guess a lot since nothing is happening with GNR and we need something to talk about.

I agree, Bucket is a great guitarist. But...he never really fit in with the other guys. But you have to admit choosing between Axl & Bucket on who needs the visit most to the psychiatrist is anyones guess.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2005, 07:51:12 PM »

How about a joint session with a psychiatrist? Now THAT would be interesting! Cheesy

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2005, 09:25:04 PM »

That would be some wild shit. I think it would be a career project for that Doc.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2005, 02:40:38 PM »

mmm, I would like to see slash performing with Buckethead, some day, that would be wild...

@;---.-,----,.---,.---,-.-,.--,.-,.-- The perfect Rose
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: