Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:48:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pantera
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pantera  (Read 57725 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2005, 09:00:05 AM »

Whats a godo Pantera song?somehting along the lines of Walk and CFH..With melody..I need it for a hockey cd?

CFH???

U can't really go wrong with any Pantera song, New Level, I'm broken or Revolution is my name are great stuff to start fights with....wait....

Shedding Skin is an awesome tune as well

"Pyscho Holiday" or "It Makes Them Disappear" are kinda cool too, but I have to agree with Izzy pickone, you can't go wrong really.

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2006, 12:40:27 PM »

Former PANTERA bassist Rex Brown performed with ex-PANTERA/DAMAGEPLAN drummer Vinnie Paul for the first time since 2001 at last night's (Dec. 31) GASOLINE gig at Hot Rods and Hoggs in Arlington, Texas. Rex joined Vinnie and the rest of the reactivated southern rock covers band for renditions of the PANTERA classics "Walk" and "Cowboys from Hell".

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2006, 12:59:51 PM »

That's great they are talking again - why oh why did it take a someone's death to do it though?

Its also good to see Vinnie Paul drumming again - it would be a real shame if he walked away from music

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mallrat
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2006, 10:39:43 PM »

It is great to see Vinnie playing again.

Wish I could have seen that show.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2006, 11:15:20 PM »

My apologies if this has been posted before but i just found out so Tongue .

There is a song on Nickelbacks latest CD called "Side of a Bullet" that Dimebag wrote. Apparently Vinnie gave it to them to finish. It's pretty good ok Also the album is one of the many albums released that was dedicated to Dime this year.

Dime also did guitar on Nickelback's remake of Elton John's "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting" and KidRock does guest vocals. that's really old news though and I only brought it up cuz of the track I mentioned above, but no doubt everyone knows about that one already.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2006, 11:25:42 PM »

My apologies if this has been posted before but i just found out so Tongue .

There is a song on Nickelbacks latest CD called "Side of a Bullet" that Dimebag wrote. Apparently Vinnie gave it to them to finish. It's pretty good ok Also the album is one of the many albums released that was dedicated to Dime this year.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Dime didn't write Side Of A Bullet, Vinnie just gave one of Dime's solos to Nickelback to use on the song, since it was written about him.

I've been listening to a lot of Pantera lately, damn they were a great band, I still can't believe Dime is gone...  Sad

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2006, 11:30:28 PM »

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Dime didn't write Side Of A Bullet, Vinnie just gave one of Dime's solos to Nickelback to use on the song, since it was written about him.

Oh, thanks for the info ok

I've been listening to a lot of Pantera lately, damn they were a great band, I still can't believe Dime is gone... Sad

Yeah someone sent me a link to ebay last week or so, someone was selling baseball hats with the dude who killed Dime on them rant fucking cocksucker, some people will try to turn a buck on anything rant

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2006, 11:41:37 PM »

Yeah... the world of music will miss that fucker. Getcha pull.

Pantera was and still is the shit. You can't beat songs like Cowboys From Hell, Walk, Hollow, Cemetery Gates, Mouth Called War, Revolution is my Name, and so on and son. Like I said, Pantera is the shit.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2006, 12:00:48 AM »

Yeah... the world of music will miss that fucker. Getcha pull.

Pantera was and still is the shit. You can't beat songs like Cowboys From Hell, Walk, Hollow, Cemetery Gates, Mouth Called War, Revolution is my Name, and so on and son. Like I said, Pantera is the shit.

There's no better music to crank up when you're driving around than Pantera that's for sure.

I see all these d1cks driving around blasting doof-doof crap and I'm blasting F**king Hostile at full volume! ok

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2006, 12:03:34 AM »

Oh hell yeah.. I love blasting Revolution right when the riff cuts in full blast. If you're angry and need to cool down or work it off.. Pantera is what you need.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2006, 11:18:33 AM »

VH1 has officially begun production on a "Behind the Music" special on PANTERA. A photo of ex-PANTERA drummer Vinnie Paul being interviewed by Eric of VH1 for the upcoming program can be viewed at this location. An exact date for the show has not yet been announced.

PANTERA's career overview CD, "The Best of Pantera: Far Beyond the Great Southern Cowboys' Vulgar Hits!" (Elektra/Rhino), was certified platinum on January 13, 2006 by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for shipments in excess of one million copies in the U.S.

The 16-song "Vulgar Hits!" CD, originally issued in September 2003, was packaged with a bonus DVD boasting 12 videos, including two live performances. The bulk of the material was culled from the band's six major-label releases, but also included were non-album cuts "Cat Scratch Fever" (a cover of the TED NUGENT song that originally appeared on the Polygram soundtrack to "Detroit Rock City") and the BLACK SABBATH cover "Hole in the Sky", previously available only on import.

PANTERA's classic "Vulgar Display of Power" (Elektra) album was certified double-platinum in 2004, signifying shipments of more than 2,000,000 units in the U.S. since its February 25, 1992 release.

As previously reported, Rhino Video has set an April 4 release date for PANTERA's "3 Vulgar Videos From Hell" three-DVD set featuring all the band's videos as well as live footage shot during the Monsters of Rock gig in Moscow.

Originally released on DVD in 1999, this version features the same content with improved menus and all-new Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound. In fact, it is the first PANTERA release ever in 5.1 Surround Sound. It features: "Cowboys From Hell The Videos", "Vulgar Video", "3 Watch It Go", and "Pantera Live From Monsters of Rock In Moscow".

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2006, 01:46:19 AM »

Pantera will be featured on a future episode of Behind the Music-stay tuned.  ok

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2006, 06:19:05 AM »

Dime also did guitar on Nickelback's remake of Elton John's "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting"

Is that a song they did for a soundtrack?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2006, 08:53:25 PM »

Not that I want it to happen or will it ever happen but, If Pantera got back together for 1 show, who would you wanna see on guitar? I think the obvious choices are Zach or Kerry.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2006, 09:35:36 PM »

Not that I want it to happen or will it ever happen but, If Pantera got back together for 1 show, who would you wanna see on guitar? I think the obvious choices are Zach or Kerry.

peace

I reckon it would be Zakk Wylde for sure, him & Dime were really close and I think Zakk could play most of, if not all of Pantera's songs, I don't think Kerry could.

GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2006, 02:32:30 PM »

thats it, i've heard too much about how damn great this band is!! whats a good starter album or whats their best album? i am thinking about getting "Vulgar Display of Power", what do u guys think?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 02:35:42 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2006, 02:54:30 PM »

thats it, i've heard too much about how damn great this band is!! whats a good starter album or whats their best album? i am thinking about getting "Vulgar Display of Power", what do u guys think?

101 proof Official live....that's where i started ok or the GH if you are willing to fork out the extra cash for the DVD

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2006, 07:27:08 PM »

Greatest Hits is good start for an overview of what they're like, and as for albums, they started out pretty heavy on their major label debut (Cowboys From Hell) and got heavier with each release.

I think all their albums are great, but their first three - Cowboys From Hell, Vulgar Display Of Power and Far Beyond Driven are metal masterpieces much like Metallica's first 3 albums.

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2006, 10:07:07 PM »

If you just startin out.. Get the greatest hits.. The price has been cut and you get a DVD wit Vids and a few live performances

www.rosesofvelvet.com
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2006, 10:16:20 PM »

KNAC.COM is reporting that former PANTERA frontman Philip Anselmo, ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell and AVENGED SEVENFOLD drummer The Rev joined the '80s metal/hard rock tribute band METAL SKOOL for a "killer take" on the PANTERA clasic "Walk" Monday night (March 27) at the Key Club in Hollywood, California. Prior to Anselmo's appearance, Cantrell also played a "rockin' version" of ALICE IN CHAINS' "Man in the Box" with METAL SKOOL. Earlier in the evening, former RATT singer Stephen Pearcy performed a special acoustic set of RATT's classic hits that was recorded and is scheduled for release on CD on May 9, 2006 via Sidewinder Music.

Cantrell and fellow ALICE IN CHAINS members, bassist Mike Inez and drummer Sean Kinney, performed with Anselmo and COMES WITH THE FALL frontman William DuVall on March 10 at a taping of the VH1 Classic series "Decades Rock Live!" Anselmo sang two songs with the group, while DuVall performed another two and dueted with HEART vocalist Ann Wilson on "Rooster".

This was only the second live show for ALICE IN CHAINS since 1996. The band members played at a tsunami relief benefit in February of 2005.

ALICE IN CHAINS vocalist Layne Staley died in April of 2002.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: