Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:27:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pantera
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pantera  (Read 57727 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2006, 12:44:44 PM »

check it out ladies......

you can listen to Rebel Meets Rebel clips at the official website

http://www.rebelmeetsrebel.com/

this is gonna rock!!!!  ok smoking beer

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2006, 04:28:52 PM »

Stuff ont he behind the music and Vinnie on Phil

PANTERA: 'Behind The Music' Special To Include New Interviews, 'Shocking' Alrosa Villa Video - Apr. 29, 2006
BLABBERMOUTH.NET has received more information about the upcoming VH1 "Behind the Music" special on PANTERA, which has a premiere date of May 11. According to Dan Masek, who worked on the program as a segment producer, the show will include brand new interviews with the surviving members of PANTERA ? Vinnie Paul Abbott (drums), Philip Anselmo (vocals) and Rex Brown (bass) ? along with appearances by Guy Sykes (tour manager), Walter O'Brien (manager), Terry Date (producer), about five members of PANTERA's/DAMAGEPLAN's crew, and Rita Haney ("Dimebag" Darrell Abbott's girlfriend). "We also have a few special guests that will be appearing in the show," Masek told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. "This includes other musicians who were friends with PANTERA as well as some people who were closely involved in the Alrosa Villa shooting. The episode also features shocking video and police dispatch/911 calls from the tragic night of the shooting."

"Behind the Music: Pantera" will premiere on Thursday, May 11 at 10:00 p.m. Check local listings for more information.

PANTERA's career overview CD, "The Best of Pantera: Far Beyond the Great Southern Cowboys' Vulgar Hits!" (Elektra/Rhino), was certified platinum on January 13, 2006 by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for shipments in excess of one million copies in the U.S.

The 16-song "Vulgar Hits!" CD, originally issued in September 2003, was packaged with a bonus DVD boasting 12 videos, including two live performances. The bulk of the material was culled from the band's six major-label releases, but also included were non-album cuts "Cat Scratch Fever" (a cover of the TED NUGENT song that originally appeared on the Polygram soundtrack to "Detroit Rock City") and the BLACK SABBATH cover "Hole in the Sky", previously available only on import.

PANTERA's classic "Vulgar Display of Power" (Elektra) album was certified double-platinum in 2004, signifying shipments of more than 2,000,000 units in the U.S. since its February 25, 1992 release.

Rhino Video earlier in the month released PANTERA's "3 Vulgar Videos From Hell" ? a three-DVD set featuring all the band's videos as well as live footage shot during the Monsters of Rock gig in Moscow. Originally released on DVD in 1999, this version features the same content with improved menus and all-new Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound. In fact, it is the first PANTERA release ever in 5.1 Surround Sound. It features: "Cowboys From Hell The Videos", "Vulgar Video", "3 Watch It Go", and "Pantera Live From Monsters of Rock In Moscow".

Vinnie interview:

VINNIE PAUL: 'If PHILIP ANSELMO Really Wants To Place Any Blame, He Needs To Look In A Mirror' - Apr. 28, 2006
Revolver magazine (web site) conducted an interview with former PANTERA/DAMAGEPLAN drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott for its June 2006 issue. An excerpt from the chat follows:

Revolver: Before Dime ["Dimebag" Darrell Abbott, PANTERA/DAMAGEPLAN guitarist] was killed, there were rumors about a PANTERA reunion. Could that ever have happened?

Vinnie: "Absolutely not. We loved PANTERA, but when [vocalist Phil Anselmo] don't want to be part of it and you can't make him and you get treated the way he treats you, then you finally draw the line in the sand. There was no way we were gonna do DAMAGEPLAN as a side project and pussyfoot around until this other guy gets his shit together. I think Phil thought he would take his best shot with all his different bands, and if none of them worked out, good ol' Dime and Vinnie would be sitting there waiting on him. Well, that ain't the way it fuckin' works. When you give somebody your heart and soul for 15 years and then he turns his back on you, won't take your phone calls, won't communicate with you, talks shit about you ? miles and miles of it [see previous BLABBERMOUTH.NET stories containing quotes from Phil and the other guys ? Ed.] ? you come to the point where you say, 'Enough.' Maybe the other guys thought there was gonna be a PANTERA reunion, but me and Dime were done. And as far as there ever being a version of PANTERA in the future, that ain't ever gonna happen. Without Dime, there is no PANTERA, there is no DAMAGEPLAN. Period."

Revolver: In a recent interview, Phil talked about how sorry he was about what happened and how close he was to Dime?

Vinnie: "If Dime was his friend, why wouldn't he take his phone calls? How could he piss on the dude the way he did? How could he say what he said about my brother in magazines?" [Notably, in U.K. hard rock magazine Metal Hammer, Anselmo said of Dime, "Physically, of course, he deserves to be beaten severely." See here.]

Revolver: Anselmo insists he was misquoted.

Vinnie: "He said it word-for-fucking-word. He was not coerced, and the kind of shit he said is the kind of shit that might incite the guy that did this [killed Dime]. Phil called me when he was trying to get into the funeral and left me a message that said, 'I can prove to you I didn't do that interview.' I got the fucking audio files, man. Anyone that wants to hear them, I'll be happy to play them for you. So he ought to feel really fuckin' guilty any way you slice it. And as far as him calling Dime 'my guitar player' [in the February 2006 issue of Revolver ? see here], that's how Phil thinks. Everything is his. I could elaborate for a long time. The dude did exactly what I thought he would do, and that's lie about everything."

Revolver: Do you think the press started the rivalrly between you guys and Phil?

Vinnie: "Man, Phil likes to blame the heavy metal media for breaking up PANTERA. I've never felt betrayed by the media in any interview I've done. They've printed what I've said word for word, verbatim, and I never felt like they were out to get me or anything. He did his interviews, he said what he said, and all they did is write what he said. If he really wants to place any blame, he needs to look in a mirror."

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2006, 06:04:34 PM »

thanks for posting that BLS ok

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2006, 01:42:49 AM »

Ok I'm tired of Vinnie running his mouth.  You'd think a tragedy like Dime's death would get him to realize that life is short and holding grudges is pointless.  I take Phill's side in this feud, he's trying to be a bigger man and mend the fences, and Vinnie is being stubborn dick.  Vinnie Paul should grow up already.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2006, 08:54:59 AM »

Ok I'm tired of Vinnie running his mouth.? You'd think a tragedy like Dime's death would get him to realize that life is short and holding grudges is pointless.? I take Phill's side in this feud, he's trying to be a bigger man and mend the fences, and Vinnie is being stubborn dick.? Vinnie Paul should grow up already.

Yeah, I can kinda see Vinnie's point though. It's a shame that Phil only seems to be coming around now that Dime's gone.

It's also a shame that Vinnie rules out any sort of Pantera stuff for the future. I reckon they could do something interesting with Zakk Wylde and maybe Kerry King jamming a few tunes.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #125 on: April 30, 2006, 09:35:08 AM »

well i think it's a bit of both opinions from metallex78 & Rob

Vinnie is pissed that Phil is only interested in the Abotts now that Dime is gone, but I'm sure Phil didn't want to be in a feud with Dime until one of them died...like they nevr got to patch things up...and Phil always talked about a reunion in the future....Dime and vinnie were the ones against it.

I dunno, all I know was that it was pretty shitty that Phil wasn't allowed to go pay his final respects to Dime... Cry

also, I mean I'm glad and excited that some unrelased Dimebag Darryl stuff is coming out, but couldn't you look at the fact that Vinnie is exploiting his brother's fame? everywhere you look....Vinnie talks about Dime....Rebel Meets Rebel....Dimevision.....lost Guitar World exclusives.....Unreleased Damageplan recordings may see the light of day.....Vinnie gives Nickleback one of Dime's unused solos for album.....after this DVD and Rebel Meets Rebel come out next week I hope Vinnie backs off a bit Undecided

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2006, 09:58:00 AM »

Yeah, it could be seen as exploitation, but is he supposed to keep the stuff in the vaults because of his death?
I for one am glad we're getting all this new Dime stuff, as too much Dime is never enough! beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2006, 02:49:52 PM »

Ok I'm tired of Vinnie running his mouth.? You'd think a tragedy like Dime's death would get him to realize that life is short and holding grudges is pointless.? I take Phill's side in this feud, he's trying to be a bigger man and mend the fences, and Vinnie is being stubborn dick.? Vinnie Paul should grow up already.

I entirely agree - life is too short for petty grudges

I'm not sure about a future Pantera reunion - i loved Pantera in no small part for Dimebag's guitar work, without him i just cant see them doing anything worthwhile - Zakk Wylde is in my opinion a man of limited talent and i have enough Ozzy and BLS stuff to judge - and as for Kerry King, ha!

Dime cant be replaced, and no one does what he did anywhere near as well

Quick! To the bandwagon!
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2006, 04:35:36 PM »

Yeah the Vinnie/Phil thing is getting a bit over done now. But also you have to look at how close Vinnie and Dime actually were. Those two were like one and I guess some scars do not heal all the way and you need to vent. And Phil is the object that is easiest for Vinnie to vent at. Time will hopefully heal the rift between these too.

Pantera doing something with Zakk or King would fit. Even if Dime was better, Zakk can handle Pantera material and who better than one of Dime's best friends? He knows Dime and it would be a really great tribute to the man.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2006, 05:25:26 PM »

Yeah the Vinnie/Phil thing is getting a bit over done now. But also you have to look at how close Vinnie and Dime actually were. Those two were like one and I guess some scars do not heal all the way and you need to vent. And Phil is the object that is easiest for Vinnie to vent at. Time will hopefully heal the rift between these too.

Pantera doing something with Zakk or King would fit. Even if Dime was better, Zakk can handle Pantera material and who better than one of Dime's best friends? He knows Dime and it would be a really great tribute to the man.

agreed, zakk loved dime im sure he'd play with them in respect to dime.

html sucks
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2006, 06:03:24 PM »

the rebel meets rebel cd sounds cool. some good guitar work. country-metal i guess is what you'd call it?

so far i really like the cowboys do more dope song.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2006, 04:20:40 PM »

Reminder for Pantera: Behind the Music will be on tonight at 10 on vh1

www.rosesofvelvet.com
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2006, 11:42:05 PM »

Well for anyone who watched. They showed the footage of when Dime was murdered. Not the shooting itself but what was around it and you saw that fucking piece of shit charging on stage with that gun. It was fucked up. Shouldn't have shown that shit.

The program besides that was pretty decent. They seemed to rush up to the point of where Phil started having problems and shit. Didn't care for that. They mentioned SuperJoint and Down as well as Damageplan.

RIP DIME.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2006, 12:17:18 AM »

Well for anyone who watched. They showed the footage of when Dime was murdered. Not the shooting itself but what was around it and you saw that fucking piece of shit charging on stage with that gun. It was fucked up. Shouldn't have shown that shit.

The program besides that was pretty decent. They seemed to rush up to the point of where Phil started having problems and shit. Didn't care for that. They mentioned SuperJoint and Down as well as Damageplan.

RIP DIME.
I agree, that part of the show was hard to watch.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2006, 08:50:32 AM »

Anyone know when this is shown in England?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #135 on: May 12, 2006, 09:01:08 AM »

Haven't followed them in years but loved vulgar display of power, cowboys from hell.. Last new pantera song I had hear was I'm broken, I remember the album cover, the xray with the drill bit, that was the last I remember of them,..
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #136 on: May 12, 2006, 09:58:35 AM »

Anyone know when this is shown in England?

http://www.bradleyevans.com/Videos/Pantera%20-%20BTM.avi

Why wait lol.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #137 on: May 12, 2006, 10:26:12 AM »

BLS you kick ass my freind beer ok drool

Cuz once again Canada got screwed rant

Did Phil make it on for interviews?

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2006, 11:42:04 AM »

Yeah and it seemed he was stoned as fuck.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
DMJ
Headliner

« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2006, 01:46:47 PM »

the whole cowboys album is great, their best one along with vulgar

Baron of the bench the panhandlin' master
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: