Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 12:50:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Dust N' Bones: The Untold Story of Izzy Stradlin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dust N' Bones: The Untold Story of Izzy Stradlin  (Read 49175 times)
Rohlm
Opening Act

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2004, 07:15:42 PM »

Yea!!!
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2004, 09:53:23 PM »

Izzy's former live-in girlfriend, Angela Nicoletti-McCoy.

Oh christ, that woman is the dumbest person on earth. Still, it might be an enjoyable read, I suppose..

How well do you know this dumb chick? what are you basing your statement on??
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2004, 12:24:16 PM »

Izzy's former live-in girlfriend, Angela Nicoletti-McCoy.

Oh christ, that woman is the dumbest person on earth. Still, it might be an enjoyable read, I suppose..

How well do you know this dumb chick? what are you basing your statement on??

There was a reality tv show in Finland about Mr. and Mrs. Andy McCoy, and she had a lot of exposure there. That woman has no brains.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Layne420
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2004, 11:38:38 PM »

Here's the lastest on the book

All you ever wanted to know about former Guns N' Roses guitarist Izzy Stradlin can now be found in one convenient location: "Dust N' Bones: The Untold Story of Izzy Stradlin." According to Black Market Publishing, which expects to release the biography on February 17, the book will chronicle Stradlin's "rise with hard rock's most notorious frontman, W. Axl Rose, from Lafayette, Indiana, to the streets of Hollywood in the early 1980s." The tome will feature interviews with "GN'R insiders" and members of Stradlin's band the Ju Ju Hounds. ...

Later

When there's no more water left
And no more air in our breath
What will this earth be worth?
Do you want war or peace?
Blood for oil greed
Won't feed, won't the hunger our need

FLOW
DemocracyRose
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2004, 07:26:04 AM »

All you ever wanted to know about former Guns N' Roses guitarist Izzy Stradlin can now be found in one convenient location: "Dust N' Bones: The Untold Story of Izzy Stradlin." According to Black Market Publishing, which expects to release the biography on February 17, the book will chronicle Stradlin's "rise with hard rock's most notorious frontman, W. Axl Rose, from Lafayette, Indiana, to the streets of Hollywood in the early 1980s." The tome will feature interviews with "GN'R insiders" and members of Stradlin's band the Ju Ju Hounds. ...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1494868/20041214/tyler_liv.jhtml?headlines=true

Oopss.. I have just find, that there are a thread about the book...? Embarrassed

Jarmo, can you remove it??
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 07:31:51 AM by DemocracyRose » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2005, 06:43:59 PM »

We expect to begin shipping pre-orders in the middle to end of January, 2005.

Has anybody heard anything about this?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Rohlm
Opening Act

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2005, 03:50:14 PM »

I haven't gotten anything yet. I was thinking about emailing them just to check in. Did you order it as well Jarmo?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2005, 04:44:49 PM »

No, I didn't. But I know somebody who did....

Edit:

Got this in my e-mail today:

"Dust N' Bones: The Untold Story of Izzy Stradlin" is currently at press, and will be shipping pre-orders within the next 10 days. The cover looks AMAZING, and the book, topping out at roughly 200 pages, promises to be a great read for any die-hard Izzy or Guns N' Roses fan. Currently, the book is available for order at amazon.com, here's the link.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0972614222/qid=1107330592/sr=1-8/ref=sr_1_8/102-0495682-3867353?v=glance&s=books

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 10:12:11 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2005, 11:28:10 AM »

Whoever gets it should post a review, I want to know if it's worth getting.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2005, 01:12:12 PM »

I ordered it, I'll make a review as soon as I'm finished reading it. Unless someone else is quicker than me  Wink

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2005, 07:28:38 PM »

FYI:

Two weeks ago, I sent an e-mail to hardrockbooks@hotmail.com questioning them on when I could expect the books I pre-ordered in the beginning of December.? I never got a reply.? (I placed my pre-order at this e-mail address).

Today, February 11th, I tried to call them to ask when I could expect the books and got the "phone number has been temporarily disconnected" recording.

THE BOOK IS STILL LISTED ON AMAZON.com ... but I'm a little worried that I've been scammed.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2005, 08:15:41 PM »

Yeah, I was fearing that too since it's not a big publishing house. That's why I didn't preorder it and waited for it to show up on Amazon.
Has your payment been cashed in?

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2005, 08:39:15 PM »

Has your payment been cashed in?

I don't know.? I sent it as a money-order.? Undecided

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2005, 09:27:45 PM »

Has anyone got a copy yet? I am dead keen to read this, he is an extremly intriguing figure to me

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2005, 07:20:07 PM »

Shipping of my book is delayed by Amazon. Doesn't look too good  Undecided

dancewmrbrownstone
Opening Act

« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2005, 09:13:40 PM »

Last thing I heard, complete release of the book has been delayed.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1494868/20041214/tyler_liv.jhtml?headlines=true

Oopss.. I have just find, that there are a thread about the book...  Embarrassed

Jarmo, can you remove it??

I'm surprised MTV still even cares.
KZiggy
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2005, 08:29:17 AM »

Update on shipping for Izzy Stradlin Book from PUBLISHER

To all who have ordered this book, we first thank you for your orders.

The latest updates are as follows:

1.) We had to have the cover redesigned at the last minute due to a copyright issue over the photo we had first been given permission to use. We had to secure a new one, and this held us up a few days.

2.) Because the book was already at press when we were sandbagged with this at the last minute, we had to stop the order in the middle of pressing a couple weeks ago (early Feb), pay for the disposal of about 200 covers, and then resubmit the whole book for re-press with the new cover. This ate up another week because they had to reformat everything, etc.

3.) The book is currently at press with the new cover, which looks AMAZING, and is a photo I am not sure has been seen of Izzy before. We are getting daily updates on progress- expect our first shipment of books in at the end of next week- and will begin shipping on Monday March 7.

4.) US orders will recieve the book quicker than international orders for obvious reasons, but we will ship all pre-orders which have already been placed on that same date.

We thank all of you who have ordered the book already, and encourage those of you who still wish to order, or who have emailed questions concerning existing orders to refer to the aforementioned. You can also email us at hardrockbooks@hotmail.com with questions. Thank you, Staff, BMP

We apologize profusely

Posted by B.M.P on www.beenafix.com

Not everything thats called Coca-Cola taste like Coca-Cola. Check out the real deal at www.beenafix.com
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2005, 08:44:35 PM »

3.) The book is currently at press with the new cover, which looks AMAZING, and is a photo I am not sure has been seen of Izzy before. We are getting daily updates on progress- expect our first shipment of books in at the end of next week- and will begin shipping on Monday March 7.

Posted by B.M.P on www.beenafix.com

Thanks for posting that KZiggy but I have my doubts what B.M.P says there is true.? no

I placed my pre-order in early December expecting to receive the book in the middle of January like the ad said ... then, according to the e-mail that Jarmo received on January 30th(posted above), the shipping date would be the 10th of February ... now it's March 7...

To date, they never answered the e-mail I sent them questioning the delay in shipping and their phone has been disconnected ...

My suggestion to those who want to order this book is to wait until somebody actually receives a copy.? ?Sad

« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 08:53:39 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2005, 01:19:30 PM »

Izzy didn't give his permission for this book.  So why is everyone buying it?  You wouldn't like it if all your experiences and relationships (good and bad) were exploited to the world.  Have some morale and don't buy it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2005, 01:45:56 PM »

Do you own any unofficial biographies or even merchandise?

I know why people are buying it. They want to read about Izzy. Izzy's probably never gonna write a book himself so this will have to do for the people who are interested in his career.

Izzy never did any kind of announcement that he was against it.  At least I don't remember any. Axl, Duff and Slash tried stopping the Greatest Hits by going to court. A different thing, but the message is kinda clear.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: