Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:49:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New album by Brain and Buckethead
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New album by Brain and Buckethead  (Read 8561 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2007, 08:43:55 PM »

2)? Why would Axl give a shit if Brain and Buckethead work together?? Tommy has released stuff outside GNR, Dizzy has done a bunch of shows, etc.? I don't think Axl *hates* Buckethead, so it shouldn't bother Axl if Brain works with him.? And if neither are in the band, it's none of Axl's business anyway.

I too dont think Axl hates Bucket. heck he tried getting Bucket back right before the Hammerstein SHows.

Hopefully we get to hear the whole Buckethead story one day and why he left/fired/quit. My guess is a little of everything.

Its a tough call now though. The chemistry of this band...particulary off the stage has never been better. This current band seems to be having fun with each other off stage. That was one of the main complaints a few yrs back. That has clearly changed.

With that being said, imo the best lineup is one that includes Bucket and Brain. I love Bummble too though but I just think Bucket brings a different dynamic onstage. Not just in terms of appearance but in terms of his playing. The best way I can describe him is that he is explosive. His playing is brilliant and he is very dynamic. I love Bucket but it doesnt look like the door is open for him anymore. The ship was once there waiting for him but I do think it has sailed.

I also dont think he got along with the other members. I think he and Axl were cool but in terms of Tommy, RObin, etc Im not sure they all meshed. Bucket is or atleast seems like a weird guy. So that might have rubbed people the wrong way.

So its a double edged sword. But if I could script it I would have him back in the band. His abilities and creativity are well worth any lack of chem off stage. But no cryin over spilled milk i guess.

As long as anything that he added that raises the songs potential stays on the album Ill be happy with that. I doubt Axl will keep Buckets parts off if they raised the bar on the songs. Axl is aiming to put the best possible product out there when its all said and done....

heres a question for you all...

now that we have seen both sides....would you give up some band chemistry...particulary off stage for Buckets abilities and potential? ?

or

would you rather have the band the way it is in terms of them having exceptional chemistry off stage with maybe not as much potential with Bumble?

(im not saying bumble isnt talented..he clearly is but hes not Buckethead)

« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 08:51:14 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2007, 09:50:50 PM »

Me neither.

Then again, I'm not better.
thegame2000
Headliner

Charlie Brown is excited about GNR too.

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2007, 10:38:32 PM »

That's a tough question.  I would hope that the guys would all be professsional enough that they could put up with a little "weirdness" in exchange for Buckethead's talent.  Ron is obviously a great guitarist (he'd have to be to cover Bucket's parts to begin with), but Buckethead is a visionary.

And yeah, the bucket is kind of goofy, and the whole wearing a mask and never talking is creepy.  But I think he's got great stage presence-- this freakishly tall guy with a huge guitar, barely moving, but ripping incredible sounds out of his guitar.  Really, what's more important, how you look, or how you play?

So, I'd sacrifice 'a more rock and roll look' and a little bit of unity for incredible talent.

Why do I have suddenly have the urge to read 1984?
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2007, 02:54:54 AM »

I too dont think Axl hates Bucket. heck he tried getting Bucket back right before the Hammerstein SHows.
I heard that too, but is that accurate? I know that Gn'R contacted Bumblefoot back in '04, but he joined the band one week before the first hammerstein show.

now that we have seen both sides....would you give up some band chemistry...particulary off stage for Buckets abilities and potential  ?

or

would you rather have the band the way it is in terms of them having exceptional chemistry off stage with maybe not as much potential with Bumble?

Well, you don't know Bumblefoot enough. He's as good as Buckethead, if not better. I'm not trying to start a fight or anything like that, but you probably don't know Ron's solo work enough.
Bumblefoot joined the band last year and he recorded some rhythm guitar parts to give the songs a classical rock-vibe. The new songs were too much mechanized, then he borrowed an old Les Paul from the talking metal guys and recorded some rhythm guitar parts. If you hear a classic-rock vibe on the new songs it's Ron Thal's guitar. Wink

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2007, 03:00:22 AM »

I would definitely sacrifice Bumblefoot (even though hes great) for Buckethead.  Hes the greatest guitarist around, and it TORE ME APART to see him go!!!
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2007, 04:21:15 AM »

And yeah, the bucket is kind of goofy, and the whole wearing a mask and never talking is creepy.? But I think he's got great stage presence-- this freakishly tall guy with a huge guitar, barely moving, but ripping incredible sounds out of his guitar.? Really, what's more important, how you look, or how you play?

I'd have to disagree here with regard to Buckethead's stage presence; when I saw the band in 2002, I felt that a major part of what was lacking in the band's live performance was down to B'head's lack of interaction with both the audience and other band members.? He may be a fantastic guitarist but to be a great live performer you have to be able to project your personality and connect emotionally with the audience, and I felt that, particularly by wearing the mask, he was deliberately distancing himself from everyone.

It's just my opinion, obviously, but I consider the addition of Ron to the band to be the masterstroke that took the band to the next level and, all being well, will lead to the release of CD.? His on-stage presence can't be faulted and his guitar playing has an organic feel that, to me at least, is far more representative of the spirit of GNR.? I love the way the band sounds live now and the energy and chemistry between the band members on stage in 2006 was a joy to behold.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
elmir
VIP

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2007, 05:55:43 AM »

1)  If Brain is still in the band, why has Frank been with them exclusively since the US tour in '06?  (I'm not being an ass, I'm serious.  Why wasn't he there?  Was it because his wife had recently given birth?)

the answer we got was that he asked to be removed from the roster because his wife gave birth.....anything else is nothing but speculation.

my thinking is that considering we know that the band went on tour to get a money injection to finish off the project, perhaps Brain's fee as a session musician was higher than any other drummer out there. So the bands management could have suggested that (considering no new new songs are to be played) that they fill his part with someone more affordable....

again, nothing but speculation.

2)  Why would Axl give a shit if Brain and Buckethead work together?  Tommy has released stuff outside GNR, Dizzy has done a bunch of shows, etc.  I don't think Axl *hates* Buckethead, so it shouldn't bother Axl if Brain works with him.  And if neither are in the band, it's none of Axl's business anyway.

i don't think Axl cares, to be honest.....musicians have to live too....so if they decide to work outside of the gnr fold, (unless specified in contract of employment)...there should be no problems....

we never heard axl say anything bad about anyone's side project.....in fact, when he did speak about those...he was always polite, and pleasant....

so the idea that he may be pissed off about it is just nonsense....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: