Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:51:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227925 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  bumblefoot - yes or no?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: bumblefoot - yes or no?  (Read 34652 times)
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2006, 01:00:15 PM »

Erm...well I haven't even really heard him yet as you can't exactly tell with those bootlegs the quality of his performance.

I would've still loved to have seen Zakk Wylde though even though I know there was definitely no way of getting him in the band due to his commitments with Ozzy and BLS
PittsburghGunner
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2006, 01:02:29 PM »

Didn't Gn'R specifically release a statement a few years ago saying Bumblefoot was NOT in the band?   Huh
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2006, 01:06:46 PM »

I wanted Zakk Wylde too.  I guess I will have to learn to like this guy like I did Bucket.  Who will the guitarist be next year? 
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2006, 01:20:56 PM »

his #1 biggest show ever.....he'll improve peace
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 01:27:03 PM by Neemo » Logged

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2006, 01:22:57 PM »

I didn't think he was very good.  However, since it was his first ever show with the band, I'll give him a break.  I doubt Axl would have brought him in if he sucked.  But going solely on his performance last night, he's not all that great.  Still the greatet show I've ever been to though.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2006, 01:30:31 PM »

Thal was a disappointment. I hope he grows on me but it hasn't been a great start. Richard and Robin kicked ass though.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Evolution
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2006, 01:37:11 PM »

Based on the TWAT solo alone YES.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2006, 01:44:54 PM »

I'm ending up in the "yes" camp.  During his first solo last night, I thought "wow, that's pretty unimpressive."  During some of the songs, and his 2nd solo of the evening, I was duly impressed.

As we left, I was talking to some other fans about his perfomance, and this one guy said, "Dude!  He's just as good as Buckethead but not a freak!"

I thought that pretty much summed it up.
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2006, 01:46:23 PM »

I'm a member on a couple non-GNR music-related websites and people are going nuts over this. People are saying that they didn't think Axl could find anyone that could fill both Slash and Bucket's shoes, but this is the one guy that could do it. People are amazed and excited, some non-GNR fans are wanting to come see the shows now, etc. ?So this guy has a bigger following than I knew of!

After seeing him last night, I'll say yes. He's obviously talented. I'll give him a while to get into the swing of things as far as performance and stage-presence go, but I'm pleasantly surprised by this guy. He's pretty damn good.

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2006, 01:47:35 PM »

for those who were not impressed with him:

keep in mind this was a warm up gig, he's really new to the band and probrally has never played a show like that in his life, talk about pressure. I think he will do fine if not fantastic with GNR, just needs a chance to adjust. I did like what I heard.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2006, 01:53:12 PM »

YES

what if u guys were to find out that on our Boots Bumblefoot is playin the parts on Better and TWAT and not Bucket?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2006, 02:02:12 PM »

Is there audio from the show on the internet already?  I couldn't give a yes or no without hearing him play last night.  Reviews sound great though.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2006, 02:05:44 PM »

give thal the summer to warm up and gel with this band. BY the fall he'll be a totally new guitarist....this was his first huge show ever. The guy was nervous. I saw RObin take Guns over last night, Thal can certainly raise his level.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
asstvp1009
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2006, 02:07:22 PM »

Please BumbleMan lose the super, duper gay "foot" guitar...please. Thank you. peace
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2006, 02:12:06 PM »

seems like a good guy, I just hope he keeps the footguitar and the cheeseguitar hidden. what guitars did he use last night?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2006, 02:14:11 PM »

YES

what if u guys were to find out that on our Boots Bumblefoot is playin the parts on Better and TWAT and not Bucket?

I did think about that, but I doubt it.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2006, 02:19:27 PM »

I'm a member on a couple non-GNR music-related websites and people are going nuts over this. People are saying that they didn't think Axl could find anyone that could fill both Slash and Bucket's shoes, but this is the one guy that could do it. People are amazed and excited, some non-GNR fans are wanting to come see the shows now, etc.  So this guy has a bigger following than I knew of!

Yeah, I've noticed this too. I was just reading a thread titled "I guess Guns N' Roses now has the best guitarist in the world" over at the Mike Portnoy forum.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2006, 02:20:22 PM »

I'm a member on a couple non-GNR music-related websites and people are going nuts over this. People are saying that they didn't think Axl could find anyone that could fill both Slash and Bucket's shoes, but this is the one guy that could do it. People are amazed and excited, some non-GNR fans are wanting to come see the shows now, etc. ?So this guy has a bigger following than I knew of!

After seeing him last night, I'll say yes. He's obviously talented. I'll give him a while to get into the swing of things as far as performance and stage-presence go, but I'm pleasantly surprised by this guy. He's pretty damn good.

I second the "talent" part - nerves aside, the guy's got skill in spades. ?I thought it odd how he kind of ran out of stuff to play during the solos and kept having to wave everybody back on stage, but now things make more sense. ?He'll grow into the stage presence, I'm sure. ?By the time he was soloing on TWAT, I was convinced that he'll fit right in.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 02:54:32 PM by bazgnr » Logged
axlirs
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2006, 02:28:33 PM »

I second the "talent" part - nerves aside, the guy's got skill in spades. ?I thought it odd how he kind of ran out of stuff to play during the solos and kept having to wave everybody back on stage, but now things make more sense. ?He'll grow into the stage presence, I'm sure. ?By the time he was soloing on CITR, I was convinced that he'll fit right in.

i think you mean TWAT. amazing guy nevertheless, he'll make us proud! peace
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2006, 02:30:56 PM »

I thought he was great, and yes he stopped during some solos but that is because he was shaking hands with fans on a few of the songs

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: