Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:17:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  * October 25th, 2006 Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum ** DISCUSSION **
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: * October 25th, 2006 Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum ** DISCUSSION **  (Read 35205 times)
wells
VIP

!!

« on: October 25, 2006, 10:10:28 AM »

I never started the one like this... so I thought why not? So use this thread for DISCUSSION, but please follow this board rules about it. And enjoy! ok
And UPDATE thread is here.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 10:17:07 AM by velimir » Logged
makane
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 10:30:32 AM »

Why aint these concert threads in the TOUR section?
(the GN'R section is pretty fucking messy atm)

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 10:32:42 AM »

Why aint these concert threads in the TOUR section?
(the GN'R section is pretty fucking messy atm)

Reviews can be read in the GN'R On Tour! section.

As far as I know LIVE UPDATES and DISCUSSION were always in this section.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 12:18:03 PM »

To all those who have a feeling they're gonna feel disappointed about the setlist, please PM me and I'll make sure you won't post here again.

I have no interest in dealing with the shit again after last night.

This thread is for discussions about Guns N' Roses show in Tampa.

That means, the opening acts aren't discussed. Unless they do something GN'R related (mentining the band, playing a song, having a guest on stage from GN'R etc.).

Posts that do not follow these simple request will get removed.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 03:04:04 PM »

So, is the St. Pete Times forum what used to be called Janus Landing or something. I used to live in St. Pete and actually worked at the St. Pete Times, but there was never a placed called the St. Pete Times Forum when I was there.

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 03:15:44 PM »

So, is the St. Pete Times forum what used to be called Janus Landing or something. I used to live in St. Pete and actually worked at the St. Pete Times, but there was never a placed called the St. Pete Times Forum when I was there.

I think it used to be called the Ice Palace. The venue is actually pretty new, maybe not even 10 years old.

It was built for the NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning to play at, when the MLB's Tampa Bay Devil Rays came in and took the old Thunderdome, which is now know as Tropicana Field.

To all those who have a feeling they're gonna feel disappointed about the setlist, please PM me and I'll make sure you won't post here again.

/jarmo

Bwahahahaha! I just love this quote.  Grin

ok

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 03:35:25 PM »

Here's a link to the top tampa Bay  florida rock station   .  They may talk about tonight's show 

http://www.98rock.com/main.html   
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 03:42:12 PM »

That means, the opening acts aren't discussed. Unless they do something GN'R related (mentining the band, playing a song, having a guest on stage from GN'R etc.).

/jarmo

Jarmo, you're the man dude. Classic post right here. Rock on.  beer
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 05:23:37 PM »

I think it used to be called the Ice Palace. The venue is actually pretty new, maybe not even 10 years old.

It was built for the NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning to play at, when the MLB's Tampa Bay Devil Rays came in and took the old Thunderdome, which is now know as Tropicana Field.

Yes, it used to be The Ice Palace, I saw Eric Clapton there probably about 10 years ago now.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 06:43:17 PM »

the guy on 98 rock just said that the st pete times forum has a strict curfew time.he went on to say that GNR came on late last night as we all know,but he then said he hopes it doesnt happen tonight.........well,we'll see,but im goin with a late start

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
FortusGNR21
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 07:02:36 PM »

/jarmo

Now THAT is a rock n roll post! So true tho Jarmo!  ok

I get up around 7, get outta bed around 9, and I don't worry bout nothin no because worryin's a waste of my fuckin time!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 07:03:45 PM »

http://www.gabbly.com/heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=2.0

HTGTH chatroom if anyone is interested

Are we expecting GNR around 11:30 again?
gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 07:06:14 PM »

I used to live in Tampa/St. Pete.? I went to see Aerosmith at the St. Pete Times Forum/a.k.a. "Ice Palace" several years ago.? It's your typical crowded stadium.? I also had tickets to see GNR there in 2002, but the tour unraveled before that.?

The seating in the stadium is set on a steep incline, so everyone should be able to see.? Anyhow, I hope any Floridian fans from this board have a fun time tonight.   peace
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 07:16:01 PM by gnr1967 » Logged
ereeper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 07:17:22 PM »

I pm'ed Jarmo about his rule of not mentioning the opening acts.? I asked him it was ok to have people report when the bands took and left the stage.? He said that is fine, but we don't need to know what Baz is singing, wearing, etc...

So if our reporters on the scene would still report when Baz and PR hit the stage and when they left, that would be great.?

Thanks Jarmo.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 07:19:07 PM by 2005 Intentions » Logged

Toledo   1991
Detroit  1992
Detroit  1993
Chicago 2002
Detroit  2002
Detroit  2006
Detroit  2011
Chicago 2012
Detroit 2012
HOF      2012
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 09:53:37 PM »

Shouldn't we be using this thread for the discussion instead of the other one?

Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
stinkfist
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 02:37:42 AM »

I just got back from the show. ?Pretty much same set list as last night. ?Except they played Used To Love Her.
Axl said this was a request from Tommy.. ?A love song... ? It was an amazing show. ?I would say the place was about 3/4 full. ?The top level (3rd level) was empty. ?However about an hour in I would say 1/4 of the people left. ?The show ended at approx. 2 am EST. ?It still was amazing. ?14 yrs it's been since Axl was even in the area of Tampa. ?He sounded amazing. ?There was a couple of songs it was hard to hear. ?Like YCBM. ?

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 02:48:44 AM »

I just got back from the show.  Pretty much same set list as last night.  Except they played Used To Love Her.
Axl said this was a request from Tommy..  A love song...   It was an amazing show.  I would say the place was about 3/4 full.  The top level (3rd level) was empty.  However about an hour in I would say 1/4 of the people left.  The show ended at approx. 2 am EST.  It still was amazing.  14 yrs it's been since Axl was even in the area of Tampa.  He sounded amazing.  There was a couple of songs it was hard to hear.  Like YCBM.   

Used to Love Her was such a nice treat when they played it the second night at the Hard Rock..  beer
(and someone just posted that they never mix it up..)

Thanks for the update.

Didn't Axl also say it was a request from Tommy when it was played in LV?

if i recall correctly, it was Rocket Queen...  or was that the first night?  hihi

and i hope CD was played again!
stinkfist
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 02:53:42 AM »

CD and Paradise City was the Encore.   
They played the exact same set list as last night but Used to Love her was thrown in.  Sorry I don't recall when they played it.  I believe it was after the song Better.   
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 03:31:23 AM »

no complete setlist ?

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 03:55:30 AM »

Just got back from the show.

Most amazing night of my life.

Awesome, stunning, breathtaking, 1992-revisted...

Interest was very positive in the new band, not alot of Axl bashers around. Very up mood, and very electric. Once GN'R finally came on, more people showed up, and the venue looked sold out. Remember the upper deck seats were never sold, it was closed off by security. And security was TIGHT. People in the pit were getting tossed before Bach even finished his set. Just the typical moshing that got out of control. One cat that got thrown had to be restrained by a couple of guys, and he was still trying to fight security. Many cell phone cameras in my area were being taken. Yeah that's right, the cell phone's are no longer invincible to the security. Even in the seats they 3-4 ushers going up and down the isles making people put them up. You get caught again, it's gone. Plus it was hard to get away with seat theft. Alot of the stragglers were being thrown out of sections they didn't have tickets for, and it was really impossible to even get away with it it was so tight. At least where I was at.

Entering the venue was a joke. Just a sea of people, thousands, all pushing together to get in... real old skool.

GNR's gotta be making a small fortune off this new merch. Not only is it as expensive as it is, but alot of shit was getting sold out, and if it was still around only one size was still available.

Funny thing is, the marketing. The venue was FREEZING! Not only was it kinda chilly outside, but then the venue was even colder. I watched nearly two rows of people around me, literally get up and go buy hoodies just to get warm. Brilliant marketing. I went and bought a jacket, lol!

Band was stunning. Same kinda set, except the big surprise for the night was USED TO LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!

I freaked out when they started playing it.

Anyways it rocked, yo momma, and blame Canada!

P.S.

GNR didn't come on 'til midnight! But it just made the crowd more anxious.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 04:01:31 AM by The Legend » Logged

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: