Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:28:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227925 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Greensboro, NC Updates
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greensboro, NC Updates  (Read 35373 times)
Negleyjj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #140 on: November 03, 2006, 04:01:21 AM »

Just got back. FUCKING AMAZING. I pray there were bootleggers!

I mean... You're Crazy? The first time the appetite version has been played since 93! (I think) FIVE new songs. It was AMAZING. I was at the first night of Hammerstein, and this was VERY close to topping it.

Probably 10% knew the  new songs (yes, I realize that's really high) and even more knew IRS (I assume from the radio play back in Jan/Feb), and all the people that didn't still seemed VERY into them... Although people were really confused when MLK started talking lol

I'll write a proper review tomorrow if I have time, I got class in 5 hours.

Later

EDIT: Oh yeah, although it was nowhere near sold out, it was FAR from empty like some were predicting on MyGNR... OH - and Frank is the motherfuckin' man! He was so happy the whole time, always smiling, and he stood out to me far more than Bryan did in NYC. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Bryan contributed some amazing stuff to the CD, but live? Frank owns all.

EDIT 2: Friend just reminded me: Start time was 11:38, finish was 2:03

Seriously, time for bed now guys
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 04:37:51 AM by Negleyjj » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #141 on: November 03, 2006, 04:19:31 AM »

cool review, i believe you are right about you're crazy.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #142 on: November 03, 2006, 04:36:05 AM »

No they didn't play AFD version of You're Crazy during 1993. Lies version was part of the acoustic set on Skin n' Bones tour.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #143 on: November 03, 2006, 05:02:06 AM »

Great setlist

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2006, 05:17:47 AM »

sounds awesome!  cant wait for some concert-goers reviews!  thanks for the updates guys - great work.

you're crazy - fkn class.   got an email about MSG tickets today - I CANNOT afford this - but I really want to go...  argghh...!
ben9785
« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2006, 05:52:48 AM »

they didn't have to do this, but i'd say, that is one fucking amazing setlist, not that i was one to judge them before, but yeah, thats the shit. i hope everybody who went there enjoyed it. and the people who weren't happy with the setlist, might appreciate this. this is the only gig where theyve done all those new songs at once right? excluding rhiad, silkworms etc
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2006, 06:07:09 AM »

don't forget TWAT and Oh my god.
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #147 on: November 03, 2006, 06:26:38 AM »

Great looking setlist.  The only thing I'd love more for Chicago, is if Perfect Crime opened the show.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #148 on: November 03, 2006, 06:30:38 AM »

Fair play to the band for adding new tunes & generally for overhauling the set.Things can now look up from here.

Thanks a mill Mr Rose for listening/reading your fan's gripes ............
mrbrownstone8797
Rocker

gnr>everything

« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2006, 06:48:51 AM »

Oh my god...my only extra hope was that they will play Rocket Queen at Worcester. Now I know it's a possibility. peace Grin
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2006, 06:49:16 AM »

don't forget TWAT and Oh my god.

what about those 2?

great fucking setlist, so happy for the folks attending and thx for the updates
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2006, 06:55:37 AM »

Seems like an excellant show.  I wish they would throw CITR into the mix but I'm sure they will at some point.  I think this is the best of the leaks next to Better. 
thealterman
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2006, 07:32:52 AM »

I hope they play you're crazy this sunday!!! i am getting psyched!!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2006, 07:41:51 AM »

Awesome setlist  Cheesy
Rockdawg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #154 on: November 03, 2006, 07:54:13 AM »

That is an Awesome setlist. beer

I can only hope that Cleveland gets a setlist close to that.  I love Rocket Queen.

Thank you AXL ok

Times are hard,
Thrills are cheaper.
Your arms get shorter,
While your pockets get deeper.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2006, 08:09:02 AM »

After the all the talk and BS about the setlist I just wanted to put in my 5 cents...

Great setlist...just great...I'm so fuckin' happy man, I love it. For some reason GNR/Axl seem to always pull one hell of a show out of the bag in Greensboro. Back on the 1st  leg of the UYI tour they put on a fuckin show similiar to the 4hr show at the Forum too bad there is no setlist from then but here is some info from that show

06.25.91 - Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, NC
opening act: Skid Row

audio/video recording?: no

notes: Apparently another long show - estimated to be around 215 minutes!! GN'R hit the stage an hour late, at 10 p.m. A large part of the audience left early, leaving many empty seats. Axl asks the audience to forgive them if their playing is a bit sloppy since they're still learning to play the new songs. After about 12:30 a.m., Axl invites the remaining audience to move down to the lower premium seats.

Note how 10pm was considered late hahahaha

Sounds like an awsome show last night can't wait for some reviews.

Rock on Gunners

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2006, 08:11:33 AM »

great setlist. The guys that went there yesterday must still be shaking  hihi

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2006, 09:45:19 AM »

I am really surprised... Great Set list
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2006, 09:54:15 AM »

November 2nd 2006 was neither cold nor rainy. Guns And Roses took the stage in Greensboro after 11:30. The crowd was young and they could not have been disappointed.

Axl whaled through the Appetite for Destruction era music. He did not miss a note all night his voice was shockingly clear and strong. That he has not blown out that amazing voice was a wonder to behold. The new material was far more melancholy than Axl?s mood. It was the first time I had heard any of it.  It made me want to hear his reflections on the last few year, even if Chinese Democracy is not hailed a masterpiece. I want to hear it I still love his voice.

Axl played the small venue in Greensboro with the intensity he used to play arenas. He harbored no contempt for the small crowd and venue it was evident he was enjoying himself as was the rest of the band.

For a Guns and Roses fan it was fantastic, small arena, not crowded, nice venue with nice staff. We were able to move around freely and see the show from may different places. Great mix as well, I didn?t think the solos were to long or out of line with the amount of talent that is on the stage, and it was actually quite enjoyable to hear from everyone. Soulful sweet solos were given by the players, and the complaints I had heard about these interludes made no sense to me. I really enjoyed them. It was a nice break from the intensity of all the AFD era material and showcased the depth of the band.

The volume level was great, the bands energy level was high, fueled in no small part by what seems to be Fink, Fortus and Stinson?s never ending supply of energy! The most pleasant surprise of the night was how much I enjoyed Fortus and Fink?s playing; I look forward to hearing their work on the record. I like soulful guitar and have never been that impressed by mere technical skill.

No Slash and no Duff and another new drummer is an idea I guess I have grown use to. The newest band members played the old music with mastery. They made it interesting and there own at several points in the night.? The new guitar player Bumblefoot from NY has an amazing ear for picking out melodics and making them his own without over emphasis on speed and precision (much promise there for the future).

Axl whaled it was a great show. Thank you for giving it 100%. After all these years of confusion the show was the greatest gift I could have hoped for. After paying a fortune to see The Rolling Stones and U2 last year this ticket was a bargain.? The new stuff sounds promising. When they find the pocket in the new stuff like they were on it with the old stuff last night, it?s going to be amazing.

Come back and see us in Charlotte Guns and Roses!

Oh yeah and one more thing, never heard a word of advertising or promotion for the show. If I did not monitor HTGTH I would never have known there was a show. I am on multiple concert promotion list for the area and go to many shows. No one in Charlotte I know knew you were playing, Of course none of us listen to Radio anyway, glorious to be free of that chain at last?New Era, better balance, better spirits, excesses to wisdom, bring it on?.

Buy your t-shirts early by the time I left that stuff was packed up. (Not sure Peter Grant would approve!)

I don't think the next record will take as long to come out as Chinese Democracy, there is some chemistry cooking here.

(Sorry EFISH about the confusion with new songs, knowing the board should have known best guess wouldn?t work! Could not see to type in dark more details, you were a good sport about it all)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 01:55:10 PM by nooz » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2006, 10:17:54 AM »

was TWAT played?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: