Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 10:27:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  November 5, 2006 - Continental Arena - East Rutherford, New Jersey [Discussion]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 5, 2006 - Continental Arena - East Rutherford, New Jersey [Discussion]  (Read 34649 times)
Death Cube K
« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2006, 02:28:57 PM »

When I go to a GNR concert I know they wont come on until 11-12pm and I plan my day (and the next) from there.

To bitch is a waste of time. This is rock n roll, not Barbra Streisand Tour 2006
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #141 on: November 06, 2006, 02:38:29 PM »

I honestly think some people on this board care more about the commercial success of the band and how many people come to the shoes than Axl and the band does. That?s why I don?t think it matters what time they go on. Id rather wait untill the band is ready and have a killer show than have them come on when they arnt ready so that some whining poser of a fan can get his beauty sleep before he goes to work the next day. This is Guns n Roses not adult contemporary bullshit.

Imagine

"new jersey.......Good Fuckin Night!, I hope everyone sleeps well....so that tey can have a productve work/school day.....yowwwwwwzer!"

I just dont think that would fly commercially or with the die hards
Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #142 on: November 06, 2006, 02:45:10 PM »

Where's Jarmo review? beer
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 02:48:39 PM by Rock the jungle » Logged
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #143 on: November 06, 2006, 02:48:13 PM »

Where's Jarmo review?? ?beer
Busy on his way to tonights show

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #144 on: November 06, 2006, 02:49:40 PM »

so is he going to the tonight's show?

really nice!! he is the man!!!!
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #145 on: November 06, 2006, 03:22:11 PM »

I had a great time, will  write more later, was really cool hanging out with and meeting a lot of you guys, before the show, jarmo, sexkitten, bandita, Axl4 prez, youngunner. and alot others. I have to work but.later Ill give my take on the night! beer

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Captaint
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: November 06, 2006, 03:31:28 PM »

I had a great time at this show. ?Axl was in a great mood, the band rocked. ?4tus played an amazing solo - damn that guy is good.  His tone and feel r perfect. ?Dizzy does Lynyrd Skynyrd!!!!! ?Awesome. ?I Used to Love Her was a nice treat too.

Great set list.

Hung out with Bobby and Metal Mike from Bach's and also got introduced to Del.

SHAMELESS PLUG:
Episode 108 of the Talking Metal podcast will have my full report. ?We just recorded it. ?Should take me a day or 2 to edit it - hope to post by Wednesday at http://www.talkingmetal.com

Looking forward to Friday. ?see you at Stitch... ?let's talk some metal!

strigl
http://strigl.wordpress.com/

PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #147 on: November 06, 2006, 03:46:47 PM »

I was at the show 2night and it was great, but i had this 1 fuckin bitch in front of me in GA admission and when people were bumping in to her she would get pissed and she kept bitching she was tired and that she had work 2morro adn she was bitching during the solos, FUCK PEOPLE your in general admission if u dont want 2 get bumbed in2 go seat in a fuckin seat and this is a rock show they do solos if u dont like it dont fuckin go

I disagree.  Just because you are at a rock concert doesn't give you the right to touch me.  I hate it when other dudes touch me at concerts.  If it was a hot girl I wouldn't mind.....

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #148 on: November 06, 2006, 03:56:42 PM »

i cant review the show too much since i got kicked out during out ta get me so here are just a few comments:
- Robin's solo was amazing, i thought it had a really cool bluesy feel.
- Dizzy playing "Tuesdays Gone" sounded really really good
- The sound kind of sucked
- The crowd kind of sucked (which led to me getting kicked out for standing)
- I went with one of the biggest GNR fans I know. He doesnt know anything about the new band or the new songs. He said that the band was right on point and he was skeptical at first, but they made him forget about the old band
- i am feeling like crap at work to day but it is not because of the late start (its because of the mace and the elbows from the cops.) I am sick of hearing people complain about it. I dont like that they play so late, but we all know thats what happens. Id rather see them go on at 11:30 and play for over 2 hours than have them go on at 10:00 and play for an hour. Yeah it sucks that they play so late, but there is no use in constantly complaining about it because there is nothiing we can do about it.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #149 on: November 06, 2006, 05:14:33 PM »

I loved meeting everyone from the board last night.  Jaz, Bandita, Axel4prez, Younggunner and Jarmo, you guys all rock.  I especially loved meeting Axel4prez's brother-in-law and seeing his new gnr ink!  I hope someone posts a picture of that.

The sound was terrible last night...where I was sitting, everything sounded muffled.  I kept thinking that they needed to crank it up too.  This was my 5 show of '06, and if I had to put them in order it would be #5.  Mostly because of the sound, but also the crowd was so lame.  There were people asleep in front of us and most people in my section sat the whole time (I was lower level off to the right of stage).  I did enjoy the solos for the first time and had a great time with the person I was with.

I enjoy seeing my all-time favorite band any chance I get...but wasn't an epic show by any means.  I think MSG will rock!
AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #150 on: November 06, 2006, 05:51:49 PM »

I was in the front row against the gate...almost center stage....the crowd around me was great.. This whole "they came on stage too late, we are in our 30's and have jobs" bullshit never seems to end..If you know anything about the band...and if you are posting on this board you obviously do, you know what to expect..I am so sick of hearing about people and their jobs..one day of being tired is NOT GOING TO KILL YOU....I had to get up early today, Im not bitching about the time the show started...i was prepared for it...The show was great by the way...Just to clarify..I dont know what shows you guys are going to, but whoever says GNR's core audience is over 30 is insane.. I have seen this new band 5 times, and everytime the majority of the crowd looked like they were in their teens nevermind 30's.. in all honesty i think 65-75 percent of the crowd was under 25...anyway Im tired as hell today...but guess what I'll sleep TONIGHT..people who complain about every little detail of the show..why do you even go?

EXACTLY...and that is the reason we have something called VACATION DAYS. Shit, going to see a gnr show is worth being tired the next day for. God...some people just aren't very rock n' roll.....

I HOPE I DIE BEFORE I GET OLD!! Smiley

AylaRose

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #151 on: November 06, 2006, 05:52:18 PM »

yeah that? sounds about right.? In front of me in section 201( straight foward from center stage and 2nd level) people were sleeping, maybe there buzz wore off from watching football or something, but yeah they were lame as shit.

What gets to me, is the cellphone addicts who pay $100 to sit and text their assclown friends through the whole show.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2006, 05:55:07 PM »

yeah that  sounds about right.  In front of me in section 201( straight foward from center stage and 2nd level) people were sleeping, maybe there buzz wore off from watching football or something, but yeah they were lame as shit.

What gets to me, is the cellphone addicts who pay $100 to sit and text their assclown friends through the whole show.
yes yes there was quite a bit of that going on as well.  You know whats wrong with todays youth, they listen to their parents too much. I think thats where lameassness starts.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #153 on: November 06, 2006, 06:03:19 PM »

Jersey rocked.

Nice to see how they've changed certain things since Europe. For example, Robin's solo was more like jam now.

Anyway, no time to give details, Portland is next.

Thanks to everybody who showed up in the parking lot and who I met inside the venue. It was nice meeting you all.

Special mention to the guys from Jersey in the white car. 

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GUNZforRoses
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #154 on: November 06, 2006, 07:15:46 PM »

I had such an awesome time last night,, paradise city came on -- I was flinging my shirt in the air...best way to top off the night. Best concert I ever been to.
TheDave0206
Headliner

« Reply #155 on: November 06, 2006, 07:21:50 PM »

well, I only texted during papa roach (they are simply awful, nothing else can describe it).  I liked when the morons opened up their little mosh or whatever the hell you call it where they run into each other" ring to try to get hyped up for that shit and somebody pulled a fat guy in who just wrecked everybody, then somebody caught him offguard, knocked him down, and he went berserk.  I think he was either fucked up because of alcohol or got knocked silly, cause I was standing right at the back of the rail where the walkway to the VIP GA was and he couldnt figure out how to get to the other side of me and the rail(he had to walk two steps to his right, one step forward, and make a left)

And like I said in another thread (although I'm adding a couple more details) I refereed two boys high school games, got in the car, drove 2 hours there, stood all night, then got back in and caught a break cause it only took 1.5 hours to get home, got 3 hours of sleep, then went in at 730 to teach crazy middle school kids.  I love the people that leave at like 1-- you think you're really gonna be any less tired if you get 1 more hour of sleep, and isnt worth it to hang around and lose that hour if you're there to see GNR in the first place?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 07:24:58 PM by TheDave0206 » Logged

Fun how everything was roses
When we held on to the guns
Just because you're winnin'
Don't mean you're the lucky ones
AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #156 on: November 06, 2006, 07:31:36 PM »

Its simple...rock n' roll...and def. GnR..divides the men from the boys and the women from the girls...

I'm in my early 30s and my friend and I have gone many sleepless nights to work the next day....on the simple high of caffenine and the "after concert buzz" that always keeps ya from sleeping anyway....If you're a real fan...or "get" GnR ....you'd understand that whole fuck work...fuck authority thing...hell we spend so much time having to be adults and doing what "the man" says...we all need a late night out..no matter what you're age is. The boss can live a day without you and if you're the boss...your employees will be happy to learn you won't be there for a day!

Smiley

AylaRose

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #157 on: November 06, 2006, 08:45:51 PM »

?Hey there Guns Fans!!!!!!

Yo,I actually made it to THIS show!! I wasn't online the last few days to see who was going,etc.,so that sucks I didn't meet up with you before hand.
I wasn't even sure 100% that I was going until late in the week.

A very cool person(s) hooked up myself,my older brother,Mark,my best friend<Patrick, and younger brother,Joe,with VIP GA tickets for the floor!!! ?drool
The 4 of us were supposed to go to the 12/06/02 show that ended in the riot,so it was very cool to Finally(!) have this come to fruition!! It was also Joe's 1st GN'R show ever!! ?yes

Mark,Pat and I saw them with another fella waaaaay back on December 17th,1991 in Philly.
We were a helluva lot closer this time around!!

Got there a bit late,(left Philly later than we wanted to),and got inside while Sebastian Bach was on....walked in on "Monkey Business" which was cool. Bach sounded strong as usual. First time seeing him perform,(save the last Hammerstein show) and I was sorry we got there late. Papa Roach was pretty good,(I am a fan) and Pat also thought so and he hates nu-metal.

Then the wait began.....

I don't really care what time they come on,I was just concerned that they might cancel again. After Dec. of '02,I won't be satisfied until I see Axl hit that stage. He could come out playing a uekele while riding a unicycle....I wouldn't care! As long as he's there,that's all that matters!!!
At 11:15,an announcer (Matt Pinfield?) came over the PA system..."Ladies and Gentleman...."
My mouth fuckin' dropped open...I'm thinking 'Not again,no fuckin' way,don't fuckin' do this to me again!' I thought he was gonna say " Tonight's show has been canceled due to....." and then the place probably would've erupted.
"...Guns N' Roses are almost ready to start the show,they're just having some technical difficulties with the keyboards..."

Wow. What a fuckin' weight off of my chest. I was happy that it wasn't what we thought and I didn't have to fight some jerkoff at another GN'R show again because they canceled.

I was pretty much all the way up front,slightly to the left of the stage,about 3 people from the barricade.
The band stormed the stage!!! And all was right in the universe. It's amazing to read the contrast of the reviews. The 4 of us thought the sound was great,the band was super-tight,Axl was dead-on and they had just enough pyro. We did Frank and his beggin for GN'R chants got old after the 2nd time,even if he played great.

Some of the people around me seemed listless,while others were jumping around like lunatics with me! I met some girl named Katie and her friend Ellie(who was wasted and a pain in the ass) some dude from Colombia,a short fella from NYC named John and a real tall dude named Brian (I'm 6'2" and he was over me!).
Brian and I were and some other guy were the only ones that knew all of the words to the new songs,which was kinda cool,'cause we were rockin' and we felt exclusive.

Also,I started (along with Brian) the crowd on the floor singing along to Bumblefoot's "Don't Cry" solo. Someone had to do it!! ?Grin ?People seemed to wonder at first what were singing and then figured it out and joined in. During that time,a girl behind us said,"You're not Slash!" towards BBF and I yelled back immediately "Slash who?!? Slash is doing a Volkswagon commercial!" Everyone within earshot all laughed.

I had soooo much fun,got some great pics of the band,and also got a guitar pic that Axl through out along with some confetti. We left the arena at 2:30 or so and I got in bed at 5:30 am. Thank God I didn't have to work today!

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but,that's the gist.
All in all,a great fuckin' show. I saw them in May and man,...it just doesn't get old.

?Thank you to Axl and the band!! You rocked!! ok beer

? ? ? ? ? ?GN'R FOREVER!!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?MATT
older-gnr-fan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2006, 08:58:45 PM »

I was just looking over the setlist for the Nov. 5 Continental show. November Rain was performed but does not seem to be on the list.

Also, this is a rock and roll show. I hate that people whine so much about how late the show was, etc. etc. I think this is what makes a Guns show unique.

And let me add this. Why was the crowd so boring?Huh I saw the original lineup years ago and there was so much more energy at the show. In fact, it was quite entertaining waiting for the band to come out on stage. I saw them at Nassau and MSG. Both shows had lots of rocking music during intermission and lots of flashing boobs. At this show it seemed people were more into just sticking their fingers up their butts.

Come on people, wake up and enjoy life.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2006, 09:13:11 PM »

I am baffled.  Why would somebody pay so much money to stand on the floor of a Guns N Fuckin' Roses concert, to just stand in one spot looking pissed off.  Before Guns even hit the stage you could just feel this negative vibe.  I was thinking to myself, "Why isn't anybody smiling?  Is it a New Jersey thing?  Is it a metropolitan area thing?"  I don't know.  Can anybody explain this to me? 

Matt a Real Fan, I swear that was me near you at the show.  I'm glad you made it to that spot.  Great times.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: