Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 04:51:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  November 5, 2006 - Continental Arena - East Rutherford, New Jersey [Discussion]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 5, 2006 - Continental Arena - East Rutherford, New Jersey [Discussion]  (Read 34654 times)
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #160 on: November 06, 2006, 09:43:20 PM »

I am baffled.? Why would somebody pay so much money to stand on the floor of a Guns N Fuckin' Roses concert, to just stand in one spot looking pissed off.? Before Guns even hit the stage you could just feel this negative vibe.? I was thinking to myself, "Why isn't anybody smiling?? Is it a New Jersey thing?? Is it a metropolitan area thing?"? I don't know.? Can anybody explain this to me??

Matt a Real Fan, I swear that was me near you at the show.? I'm glad you made it to that spot.? Great times.? ?peace

Sometimes you just have bad nights. There's no way to explain them.

I loved meeting everyone from the board last night.  Jaz, Bandita, Axel4prez, Younggunner and Jarmo, you guys all rock.  I especially loved meeting Axel4prez's brother-in-law and seeing his new gnr ink!  I hope someone posts a picture of that.

The sound was terrible last night...where I was sitting, everything sounded muffled.  I kept thinking that they needed to crank it up too.  This was my 5 show of '06, and if I had to put them in order it would be #5.  Mostly because of the sound, but also the crowd was so lame.  There were people asleep in front of us and most people in my section sat the whole time (I was lower level off to the right of stage).  I did enjoy the solos for the first time and had a great time with the person I was with.

I enjoy seeing my all-time favorite band any chance I get...but wasn't an epic show by any means.  I think MSG will rock!

were you sitting on stage right? I was wondering if anybody saw me and my friends get thrown out for standing and not sitting in our seats. I dont think there wasnt anybody from the board on that side because nobody was really going crazy over there. just a bunch of people sitting down.

WHAT?!??! You got thrown out for standing on the seats? That's bullshit.

The shows I was at, I stood through most of the set, and I had a seat.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #161 on: November 07, 2006, 02:22:32 AM »

Well ok, now I am back from work, and gotta say ot was a fun time, and not gonna go to much into the entire thing , but as I said earlier it as alot of fun, hanging out and chatting with board members, , (sexkitten you totally rock, we ran into each otehr a bunch of times throughout the show! Winers loungue!.

Anyway I went to this show not knowing I was even gonna make it, but friday night, a friend of mine called and said that he had gotten 4 comp tix, from someone who works at clear channel and he invited me. I was totally stoke, all was well, but he hs this fiance, who isnt a real GNR fan, and kept makng his life miserable, well I gues along with all the alchohol and hallucenigenics  things can get a bit nuts, anyway, watched Bach, great set, walked in to the seats my self while the others were still in the bar. And chilled . During P.R, I spewnt the time walkng around the arena, chatting with people, getting a beer here and there, they sounded pretty good, and you could hear pretty well in the corridors.

So GNR , comeson the frines I were with were outta it, arguing, and I was just my self kinda just not paying atention to the bullshit and rockng out. WTTJ, can on and things did explode!. From my area, to the right of the stage, I hd no problems hearing, Axl or the band, they seriously were spot on, but I have ben to shows there before and I understand that this venue, is definilty not know for its great acoustics, hell the worst sounding show I ever heard was Boston there in the late 80s, sound really sucked, and I know they are a great live band. Anyway, shows moving on nice, Im on my feet as a bunch in my section, cept my firends that invited me, all moping and shit, and being completely outa it. I decide fuck this, I go down to the lower level get almost right ext to the right side of the stage. And spent the resst of the concert, rocking out there. I did knowtice, that there were some lame ass people , who were sittng, totally comotose, wtf.!, BUt as I said from that vantage , the sound was good, and the band on fire, when the blues came on I yelled come on Axl jump on the piano, dont know if he heard, but he did, and I was like fuck yeah!. Was great to hear USed to love her, cause I hadnt for many yrs, live. And I did knowtice that rons guitar was having "td's. And it did take away form the outro of the song. EVen though you could se he was playnig the shit outa it. Axl had come back on and they kinda ended quick. 

CD was awesome , I love how it sounds more and more, and PC was as always a great way to end.

So now after losing my voice, and thouroughly enjoyed my self, I go back to where the car was parked!. And guess what < NO FUCKNG CAR!, Im like WTF, they left!

That was pretty fucked uped!. INvite me , and then leave me in NJ!.lol Ah well I take everything in stride, saw IFINGLOVEVR , and he as trynig to help out this dude who was hanging out at the preparty area, to get back to NY, alex, I think his name was, and I was like dude, come on there are busses, to time square, so we walked over to the bus area, talked about how great the show was, cost 5$ to take the shuttle bus back to Times sq, we just went over great parts of the show, got off the bus, we walked a block to the train he needed to take back to queens, I was invited to an after hrs party, but I was to exausted to go, when a friend called my cell, I jsut walked up to 7th ave got on the R train, and was hoome 35 mins later!. I had a fucking blast!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
PENNY16161
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #162 on: November 07, 2006, 06:20:34 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4281Jww5d8

Clip of Nightrain from this show -- I was there and at times yeah, Axl's voice was inaudible, but he sounds pretty F'n awesome here if you ask me....
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #163 on: November 07, 2006, 09:38:11 AM »

The Blues from this show can be downloaded on the following myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/earl31 

Thank the Earl Ferrell Fan Club.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #164 on: November 07, 2006, 09:58:07 AM »

The Blues from this show can be downloaded on the following myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/earl31?

Thank the Earl Ferrell Fan Club.

Thanks

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Dalshime
Opening Act

Is she really going out with him?

« Reply #165 on: November 07, 2006, 11:08:47 AM »

Sorry this is coming so late, but just a quick little rundown of the show ? Seeing all 5 of the last shows in New York (including last MSG), the crowd was the least intense, which sucks. I understand it?s late on Sunday night, but I was disappointed in the response. Axl was pissed by it too, you could tell. But the show was still great. The band really stepped it up and put forth a great show. They looked like they were having a great time (especially Frank ? cool guy). Knocking on Heaven?s Door was unbelievable (not normally one of my favorites, but Axl sounded awesome). It was also nice seeing ?Used to Love Her?, cause that was the only song I hadn?t heard them play yet live. That?s just a quick rundown. I got a lot of great pictures, and here are a few I really like. I also have a short video of Live and Let Die I?ll try and get up soon. Can?t wait for Friday!!! beer

-- Dalshime
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #166 on: November 07, 2006, 02:55:45 PM »

Jaz, you rock!  I had a ton of fun with you.  I'm dying to hear what happened to that Iron Maiden/harley dude you guys were hangin with?  He was killing me!  I also can't believe your friends left...they suck, esp. that chick!  It was easy taking the bus. 

I agree....CD sounded great and had the best sound of the whole show.  Can't wait to party with you again at msg!

xoxo,
sexkitten
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: