Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:25:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227924 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 14th, 2007 Chiba, Japan @ Makuhari Messe DISSCUSION THREAD
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 14th, 2007 Chiba, Japan @ Makuhari Messe DISSCUSION THREAD  (Read 34831 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #180 on: July 16, 2007, 07:17:53 AM »

How the fuck is that being negative?

I just said I think it would be great to hear more UYI material since I became a huge fan during UYI

Explain to me please how my comment is negative in anyway?

Hearing? Which ones of the upcoming Japanese shows are you attending?

If you're not going to them, you won't be hearing shit.

Seeing 10000+ Japanese fans go crazy for two hours is proof enough that your song requests aren't really something the majority of fans who actually go to the shows would agree on.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: July 16, 2007, 07:36:07 AM »

Seeing 10000+ Japanese fans go crazy for two hours is proof enough that your song requests aren't really something the majority of fans who actually go to the shows would agree on.....

/jarmo

I understand what you're saying...but the fans would more than likely go crazy for anything. (which is a good thing)? That doesn't mean there aren't songs that a lot of people would prefer to hear over others.? ?peace
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #182 on: July 16, 2007, 07:43:23 AM »

Everybody wants to hear their favorites. That's not weird.

But some of you want to read about the band performing your favorites to fans who are actually attending the shows.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cyalex
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #183 on: July 16, 2007, 07:50:07 AM »

14 Years Ago, the last performance of don't Cry by Axl

07.16.93 - Estadio River Plate, Buenos Aires, Argentina
opening acts: Schazenbach, La Guardia del Fuego, Los Guarros
set: It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Welcome To The Jungle, Attitude, Double Talkin' Jive, Dead Flowers, You Ain't The First, You're Crazy, Used To Love Her, Patience [w/ Imagine], Knockin' On Heaven's Door, November Rain, Dead Horse, Drum Solo, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Sweet Child O' Mine, Don't Cry, Mother [Intro] / Paradise City

Thank you GN'R for bring it back Cry ok
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #184 on: July 16, 2007, 07:58:48 AM »

Not to be a downer or anything but having heard the boot of the 14th, I gotta say Axl sounds really weak through most of the show. It's easily the worst vocal  performance of The Blues I've heard and the Better vocal intro is horrible. But the band sound absolutely fucking amazinf, tight and sweet as fuck and then after screaming the shit out of his voice for 2 hours, Axl goes and sings Don't Cry like it's 1986. Crazy.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #185 on: July 16, 2007, 08:03:45 AM »

Not to be a downer or anything but having heard the boot of the 14th, I gotta say Axl sounds really weak through most of the show. It's easily the worst vocal? performance of The Blues I've heard and the Better vocal intro is horrible. But the band sound absolutely fucking amazinf, tight and sweet as fuck and then after screaming the shit out of his voice for 2 hours, Axl goes and sings Don't Cry like it's 1986. Crazy.
I haven't heard much of the boots myself so I really can't comment on his voice, BUT nobody's perfect.  Maybe an off night, although I haven't heard anyone who attended the show say he sounded off.  Sometimes those boots don't give a fair representation to what it ACTUALLY sounded like live.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #186 on: July 16, 2007, 09:32:57 AM »

Not to be a downer or anything but having heard the boot of the 14th, I gotta say Axl sounds really weak through most of the show. It's easily the worst vocal  performance of The Blues I've heard and the Better vocal intro is horrible. But the band sound absolutely fucking amazinf, tight and sweet as fuck and then after screaming the shit out of his voice for 2 hours, Axl goes and sings Don't Cry like it's 1986. Crazy.
I haven't heard much of the boots myself so I really can't comment on his voice, BUT nobody's perfect.  Maybe an off night, although I haven't heard anyone who attended the show say he sounded off.  Sometimes those boots don't give a fair representation to what it ACTUALLY sounded like live.

I'll agree with that.  The method of recording often filters some frequencies out and leaves it sounding extremely thin.

Saw them 4 times live last year and each time the vocals were astonishing.  Listening to boots of the same shows afterwards was confusing as they didn't sound like the same performance (quality wise).
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #187 on: July 16, 2007, 09:51:23 AM »

I knew surprising fans with a UYI song not played on the normal setlist would be an awesome moment.  Instead, people said I am a whiner and Axl doesn't play one note for me etc.  Now, all the talk is this awesome moment.  Guess I was right!   Grin

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #188 on: July 16, 2007, 09:59:14 AM »

The shows so far in japan sound like the band are on crackling form as ever!  wonderful to read about axl singing dont cry again... bet everyone went mental when he started singing it. thanks for the updates  ok
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #189 on: July 16, 2007, 05:29:07 PM »

Sounds like this leg of the tour is going brilliantly as well! It just keep getting better and better! And to get Dont Cry as well, that is just awesome. You never know we might all hit the jackpot and get Estranged live!!

Mike

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #190 on: July 16, 2007, 05:38:07 PM »

I've listened to Don't Cry 3 times today.   Tongue  Damn, its so good to hear Axl singing that again.  smoking
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #191 on: July 17, 2007, 07:46:13 AM »

OK, I've listened to the boot, and they sound fucking awesome.

What really struck me while listening was the "evolution" of the solos from the different parts of the band.  I remember back in '02...the solos all sounded sort of "disjointed".  By that, I don't mean they sounded bad, really, they just didn't all fit together, or (IMHO) fit well with the rest of the show.  They seemed almost out of place.  At the Hammerstein shows, it had improved quite a bit.  Now....it's like they've created perfect set pieces for the show.  The solos SOUND like GnR...know what I mean? 

I think that sound, as much as anything else, is the sound of a band "gelling".....of the disparate parts evolving into one greater "whole".  It's just fantastic to hear that.  Not to mention....they're just beautiful pieces of musicianship (and music).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #192 on: July 17, 2007, 02:05:34 PM »

Not to be a downer or anything but having heard the boot of the 14th, I gotta say Axl sounds really weak through most of the show. It's easily the worst vocal? performance of The Blues I've heard and the Better vocal intro is horrible. But the band sound absolutely fucking amazinf, tight and sweet as fuck and then after screaming the shit out of his voice for 2 hours, Axl goes and sings Don't Cry like it's 1986. Crazy.
I haven't heard much of the boots myself so I really can't comment on his voice, BUT nobody's perfect.? Maybe an off night, although I haven't heard anyone who attended the show say he sounded off.? Sometimes those boots don't give a fair representation to what it ACTUALLY sounded like live.

I'll agree with that.? The method of recording often filters some frequencies out and leaves it sounding extremely thin.

Saw them 4 times live last year and each time the vocals were astonishing.? Listening to boots of the same shows afterwards was confusing as they didn't sound like the same performance (quality wise).

Absolutely, I completely appreciate that. However it is simply weird that on one night Axl can sound like he did at the VMA's i.e. thin, weak and like his voice is basically shot and the next night he can sound like he did at Inland Invasion i.e. like the best of 1993 but with an even greater range and control.

I mean, sometimes in the space of one show he'll go from poor to outstanding. Again on the boot of the 14th (appreciating it being an inaccurate representation of the true sound) he goes from sounding shit hot doing the high and raspy parts of Nightrain to seemingly struggling on Madagascar.

I'm not complaining and the fact is when you're at the show, which is what counts, you don't stand there critiqueing vocals when someone's working their ass off as if it's a studio recording. I'm just observing how odd the disparity is between Axl's good and bad days.

I completely agree with Pilferk's comments about the solos. Although I miss Bucket's spots with 'Lone Sal Bug' and 'Big Sur Mon' from his awesome Colma album, the band have evolved from interruptive solos during the early 2006 shows to something with genuinely enhances the whole show. Magic stuff. It makes you think back to when Richard said years ago that when the new band properly gets out there and gets some miles under their belt they'll be the best live guitar band in their class.
madagas
« Reply #193 on: July 17, 2007, 02:15:03 PM »

I am not a big fan of their solo guitar spots, but the jams are incredible. They also seem to not be soloing as much as doing small collaborations now-in other words 2-3 bandmembers jamming. Either way, I agree wholeheratedly with Pilferk. The band seems like a true band now. ok Now, if they could just get that pesky little record out... hihi
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #194 on: July 17, 2007, 09:37:23 PM »

OK, I've listened to the boot, and they sound fucking awesome.

What really struck me while listening was the "evolution" of the solos from the different parts of the band.  I remember back in '02...the solos all sounded sort of "disjointed".  By that, I don't mean they sounded bad, really, they just didn't all fit together, or (IMHO) fit well with the rest of the show.  They seemed almost out of place.  At the Hammerstein shows, it had improved quite a bit.  Now....it's like they've created perfect set pieces for the show.  The solos SOUND like GnR...know what I mean? 

I think that sound, as much as anything else, is the sound of a band "gelling".....of the disparate parts evolving into one greater "whole".  It's just fantastic to hear that.  Not to mention....they're just beautiful pieces of musicianship (and music).

I know what you mean and it's EXACTLY what I think. I don't think that in 2002 they sounded like Gn'R... but now they're a hard rock band. I really love their work on Gn'R.

I'll agree with that.  The method of recording often filters some frequencies out and leaves it sounding extremely thin.

Saw them 4 times live last year and each time the vocals were astonishing.  Listening to boots of the same shows afterwards was confusing as they didn't sound like the same performance (quality wise).

Absolutely, I completely appreciate that. However it is simply weird that on one night Axl can sound like he did at the VMA's i.e. thin, weak and like his voice is basically shot and the next night he can sound like he did at Inland Invasion i.e. like the best of 1993 but with an even greater range and control.

I mean, sometimes in the space of one show he'll go from poor to outstanding. Again on the boot of the 14th (appreciating it being an inaccurate representation of the true sound) he goes from sounding shit hot doing the high and raspy parts of Nightrain to seemingly struggling on Madagascar.

I'm not complaining and the fact is when you're at the show, which is what counts, you don't stand there critiqueing vocals when someone's working their ass off as if it's a studio recording. I'm just observing how odd the disparity is between Axl's good and bad days.

I completely agree with Pilferk's comments about the solos. Although I miss Bucket's spots with 'Lone Sal Bug' and 'Big Sur Mon' from his awesome Colma album, the band have evolved from interruptive solos during the early 2006 shows to something with genuinely enhances the whole show. Magic stuff. It makes you think back to when Richard said years ago that when the new band properly gets out there and gets some miles under their belt they'll be the best live guitar band in their class.

I also agree with everything you said, lol. He has his good and bad nights, and it's always been like that.
But... Richard said that? You mean, he said they'll be the best live guitar band in their class (hard rock, rock or you dont know?)
I just think they're perfect working together.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #195 on: July 17, 2007, 11:05:55 PM »

Jarmo, can you ask Axl if he can play "Myworld" at the next show.  Cause I got into listening to GnR with that song...

rofl

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
SunshineSlayer
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #196 on: July 18, 2007, 02:25:33 AM »

Guns n roses starts at 6:30!!! are pigs flying over there?  Shocked

I would not be surprised if this were true. As a former resident of Japan, that's been to several concerts there, I can say that I have never seen a show start more than maybe 5 minutes after the scheduled time.  The Japanese crews and venues are always super efficient.  Also Japanese audiences are generally much more positive and respectful than in other places.  Perhaps Axl responds well to these things?

Also a big issue are the trains.  They stop running somewhere around midnight and in Japan if you can't get on that last train, you are basically completely screwed for the night. (and end up having to stay in a capsule hotel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsule_hotel lol)

Also nice to hear that they soloed X-Japan's Endless Rain. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoMoYB0XAb4) Those guys have some good taste. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 02:39:05 AM by SunshineSlayer » Logged
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #197 on: July 18, 2007, 04:44:15 AM »

Also nice to hear that they soloed X-Japan's Endless Rain. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoMoYB0XAb4) Those guys have some good taste. Smiley

God man... This song brought shivers down my spine...

The lyrics sound probably much better in Japanese (cause in english they sound very cheesy) BUT THE MUSIC IS FUCKIN AMAZING....

And the part where the crowd sings... WOW....

Katrin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #198 on: July 18, 2007, 08:52:46 AM »

Quote from: Christos AG link=topic=47611.msg971283#m :Dsg971283 date=1184748255

The lyrics sound probably much better in Japanese (cause in english they sound very cheesy) BUT THE MUSIC IS FUCKIN AMAZING....

Probably a dumb question, but where was it mentioned that they soloed 'Endless Rain'? I'd really like to hear that.

Don't Cry is amazing. Nearly made me cry.  Cheesy
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #199 on: July 18, 2007, 08:58:50 AM »

Quote from: Christos AG link=topic=47611.msg971283#m :Dsg971283 date=1184748255

Probably a dumb question, but where was it mentioned that they soloed 'Endless Rain'? I'd really like to hear that.

Don't Cry is amazing. Nearly made me cry.  Cheesy

It was actually posted on the July 15th Updates page...

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=47632.0

It was first mentioned by Fernando...

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: