Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:04:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy Stinson: Duff McKagan Reuniting With Guns N' Roses to 'Help Axl Out'
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Stinson: Duff McKagan Reuniting With Guns N' Roses to 'Help Axl Out'  (Read 35282 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« on: March 24, 2014, 04:56:58 PM »

its getting bigger here in Brazil, as you can see at MYFORUM
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 05:57:50 PM by RnT » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 07:38:30 PM »

I find that whole situation creepy, the way this got out.

Kind of stalkery, I think.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 08:08:24 PM »

I doubt that...its more likely Axl hires another bass player. Imagine all the comotion this reunion would cause? Dont think Axl would let that happen.

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 08:09:30 PM »

But Duff has been there before. 

Its only Slash he can't stand.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 08:16:22 PM »

Yeah I know..but we are talkin about two full concerts...not just a guest appeareance. I hope this happens, would be cool! ok

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 08:35:16 PM »

There's time for Tommy to make both shows if needed. There's also still time for Westerberg to pull out of Coachella, it's not like they're headlining this one. And there's still time for PW to find a bassist for the first 'Mats show if Tommy can't make it. Tommy can make the show on the 18th. There's still a ton of options that I see no one is considering.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 09:58:37 PM »

Its easier for The Replacements to replace Tommy!  hihi rofl

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 10:23:25 PM »

There's time for Tommy to make both shows if needed. There's also still time for Westerberg to pull out of Coachella, it's not like they're headlining this one. And there's still time for PW to find a bassist for the first 'Mats show if Tommy can't make it. Tommy can make the show on the 18th. There's still a ton of options that I see no one is considering.

I remember Jarmo posting the times and flight patterns. 

He could do it.  He'd be pretty beat, but he could do it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:25:20 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 10:28:10 PM »

I believe this rumor was started before the shows went on sale....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 10:36:31 PM »

Last time I remember Chris filled in for Tommy at a Versace show.  It would be cool to see Duff, if Tommy can't make it.   Then again I'll  believe it when I see it.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 11:15:42 PM »

I wouldn't want to see this happen.   Tommy is a member of Guns.  I wouldn't want to see him sit out any GNR shows. N
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 03:33:10 AM »

I believe this rumor was started before the shows went on sale....

/jarmo

Correctamundo. Just another no-name, unsubstantiated rumor.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 04:44:53 AM »

Great ticket-selling stunt.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 08:38:20 AM »

That would be cool if Tommy can't make it, It was said at some point awhile back that Duff was Tommy's backup so we shall see..... if it happens it should be unannounced.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 09:29:08 AM »

I find that whole situation creepy, the way this got out.

Kind of stalkery, I think.

Exactly.  How the fuck anyone got a hold of Duff's visa info. is frightening.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 09:38:37 AM »

If I'm not mistaken, somebody files the paperwork for the artist. That person, or persons, can tip off somebody else and then the cat's out of the bag....

Same thing happens with riders and other paperwork related to touring.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 10:48:41 AM »

I would think if Tommy wasnt going to be around for a few shows that Chris or somebody not as polarizing as Duff would fill in

cant see Duff playing CD songs... would be cool tho... hes my guy

and im sure if this was gunna happen it would be hard to keep under raps

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 03:03:23 PM »

Do any of you know Tommy's history with The Replacements? Do any of you have at least one Mats album? Listened or watched the old shows? Read anything on them?

Most bands and musicians would KILLLLLLL for even a fraction of the respect, credentials and gravitas that The Replacements get. Yeah, I know this is a GUNS N ROSES board. But Tommy being who he is, historically speaking, there's a LOT more at stake here. This is not some side project. NO one else in the GNR band (old OR new) has such a legacy to contend with other than Guns, and at the very same time no less. Go do some homework on The Replacements. It'll be VERY satisfying.

Yes, Tommy is a member of Guns, and has contributed a great deal. But, do a search on the web. 9 times out of 10, it's The Replacements that get primarily mentioned with Tommy. Of course Westerberg is synonymous to the band. But so is Tommy. Westerberg would NOT tour under the Mats name unless Tommy was fully in.

Why should it now matter WHO is playing bass for a few shows? It's still Guns N Roses, right??!?  RIGHT!?!?!?!!?

And look at this way: What a guy!!! The Guns fans are happy cuz of the gigs. The Mats fans are happy cuz of the gigs. And he still does fund raisers and local gigs here and there. THAT'S a good guy.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 03:14:43 PM »

Do any of you know Tommy's history with The Replacements? Do any of you have at least one Mats album? Listened or watched the old shows? Read anything on them?

Most bands and musicians would KILLLLLLL for even a fraction of the respect, credentials and gravitas that The Replacements get. Yeah, I know this is a GUNS N ROSES board. But Tommy being who he is, historically speaking, there's a LOT more at stake here. This is not some side project. NO one else in the GNR band (old OR new) has such a legacy to contend with other than Guns, and at the very same time no less. Go do some homework on The Replacements. It'll be VERY satisfying.

Yes, Tommy is a member of Guns, and has contributed a great deal. But, do a search on the web. 9 times out of 10, it's The Replacements that get primarily mentioned with Tommy. Of course Westerberg is synonymous to the band. But so is Tommy. Westerberg would NOT tour under the Mats name unless Tommy was fully in.

Why should it now matter WHO is playing bass for a few shows? It's still Guns N Roses, right??!?  RIGHT!?!?!?!!?

And look at this way: What a guy!!! The Guns fans are happy cuz of the gigs. The Mats fans are happy cuz of the gigs. And he still does fund raisers and local gigs here and there. THAT'S a good guy.

I confess that I'm not that familiar with The Replacements but a lot of artits that I like describe them as being an influence...that sure means something.

I remember Jarmo posting the times and flight patterns. 

He could do it.  He'd be pretty beat, but he could do it.

Yeah, but you cant rely on flight schedules like that ...delays and cancellations are a possibility. Thats why I think Tommy wont perform with both bands...one side will have to "lose"!

BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 03:41:53 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, somebody files the paperwork for the artist. That person, or persons, can tip off somebody else and then the cat's out of the bag....

Same thing happens with riders and other paperwork related to touring.

/jarmo

Makes sense.  Maybe I should've change my post to have read why the fuck would anyone get a hold of Duff's visa...

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: