Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:34:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot New Album : Little Brother Is Watching
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot New Album : Little Brother Is Watching  (Read 35148 times)
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 03:46:39 PM »

Don't Cry obviously was brought in as a solo when he had the balls to go out in front of a pretty negative crowd at download when they took time out for technical issues and grew from there. On the "That Metal Show" special he talks about the fact he was getting a lot of requests to do estranged. Yesterdays he played a few times in jams..one online i think. The Duff night I was in vegas he was trying to coax Axl into doing it. Happened the following week. My feeling is he listens to fan requests and does his best to implement them.

I pretty sure fans told him they'd like to here an album made by the current line up.

Anyway my point is I see very little need for this childish reaction to what nobody actually knows anything about.

The guy has always gone out of his way to be kind and curtious when I've met him.

Jarmo for all your rules on this site (which I agree with) it's a shame to see you allowing this. Especially as I thought you'd been close to the guy in the past.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 03:48:40 PM by reayj2003 » Logged
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 04:00:18 PM »

Don't Cry obviously was brought in as a solo when he had the balls to go out in front of a pretty negative crowd at download when they took time out for technical issues and grew from there. On the "That Metal Show" special he talks about the fact he was getting a lot of requests to do estranged. Yesterdays he played a few times in jams..one online i think. The Duff night I was in vegas he was trying to coax Axl into doing it. Happened the following week. My feeling is he listens to fan requests and does his best to implement them.

I pretty sure fans told him they'd like to here an album made by the current line up.

Anyway my point is I see very little need for this childish reaction to what nobody actually knows anything about.

The guy has always gone out of his way to be kind and curtious when I've met him.

Jarmo for all your rules on this site (which I agree with) it's a shame to see you allowing this. Especially as I thought you'd been close to the guy in the past.

What are these childish reactions?  I am just stating my opinion on Ron, it was the same with him being a member or not

Ron has brought a lot of this on himself with his childish attitude     Talk about a drama queen
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 04:06:17 PM »

A bit of tension in a band is not unnormal. Look at Aerosmith. I respect the guy for not being just a puppet.And I don't see how he's in any way doing wrong by using the "GN'R" name to promote himself. He has more than earned his pips.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2015, 04:21:13 PM »

His liner notes on his album should be interesting.   

He should be thanking Axl and the gnr universe for the opportunity to release an album and play as many solo gigs he has been doing   

Let's face it, who really heard of Ron before

Agreed. But other than him bringing those songs back in to the set ( I don't know how he knows or thinks  that)... Everything else Reajy said is very fair.

I know a lot of people that are more rock-scene savy than I am, and I can tell you that to a man they had no fucking clue who "Bumblefoot" was prior to him joining GNR.

Oh for sure... I certainly never heard of him...so of course his career owes GNR forever.. but the guy is getting completely shit on now... and I have yet to really see what he has done that is so evil.

I think it's probably best for both parties to go their separate ways at this point... but he is no enemy of mine if he is indeed a "former member".

Personally I was angers at the guy for taking the spot of my. Fav me member. Then even more a grey that he over dubbed some of his parts.  Then when I saw him live I really didn't like him when he came out with that little bee guitar and looked like a fool. Then I REALLy didn't like him when his quotes came out about how tough it was to tour with the band and they were bullies.   lost all respect for him there

I will give it to the guy though.  He nails the classic solos.   He is a great guitar player   

Sometimes everyone else isn't the problem.  It's you

You is "angers at the guy for taking the spot of my. Fav me member"...I think he was given the spot due to your favorite member quitting! No doubt because of similar frustrations as Bumblefoot has expressed. A lot of people are  "angers" at all members for replacing people- They are what we call Haters I think.

As for looking like a fool! A KFC bucket anyone.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2015, 04:26:08 PM »

On the "That Metal Show" special he talks about the fact he was getting a lot of requests to do estranged. Yesterdays he played a few times in jams..one online i think. The Duff night I was in vegas he was trying to coax Axl into doing it. Happened the following week. My feeling is he listens to fan requests and does his best to implement them.

You're assuming the band decided to rehearse Estranged because it was his idea. We don't really know that.
They almost did Yesterdays in South America when Duff was there. The it was later done at the end of the Vegas residency.

Allow what?

People react differently to different situations. Some feel let down by his actions. Same thing happened when Robin went on tour with NIN.

A bit of tension in a band is not unnormal. Look at Aerosmith. I respect the guy for not being just a puppet.And I don't see how he's in any way doing wrong by using the "GN'R" name to promote himself. He has more than earned his pips.

It's not really about being a puppet. That's just nonsense.
People can have disagreements. That's normal. It's how those are handled that rub some fans the wrong way.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2015, 04:33:50 PM »

On the "That Metal Show" special he talks about the fact he was getting a lot of requests to do estranged. Yesterdays he played a few times in jams..one online i think. The Duff night I was in vegas he was trying to coax Axl into doing it. Happened the following week. My feeling is he listens to fan requests and does his best to implement them.

You're assuming the band decided to rehearse Estranged because it was his idea. We don't really know that.
They almost did Yesterdays in South America when Duff was there. The it was later done at the end of the Vegas residency.

/jarmo

I'm assuming he may have pushed for it. But to be honest I don't care either way.
Nobody I met in Vegas (who were regular's down the frontrow) post on fan sites....It's situations like this that make me see why.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2015, 04:38:57 PM »

Outside of Axl, I really couldn?t care less who is, or isn?t in this band, but I did appreciate the fact that Ron spoke his mind.
Was reassuring to know that someone in GN'R wasn?t content touring endlessly, collecting paychecks. He wanted to get together and write as a band.
Maybe everyone in GN?R feels that way, but he came out and said it. A bit odd to me that fans find fault with him being motivated to be creative and produce new music.
Something this band continuously fails to do in unprecedented fashion.

GN?R fans of all people should see the irony in mocking his new band. Granted the circumstances surrounding Art of Anarchy aren?t ideal, but providing their debut record sees release, they will have produced the same amount of records as GN?R has managed over the past 22 years.

Anyways, not losing too much sleep over it.
Axl did award him and amazing opportunity in recruiting him in Guns.
I wasn?t enthralled with his work on Chinese, though he was entertaining live.
Cautiously optimistic to see what he, and primarily Scott came up with on the Art of Anarchy record.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2015, 04:49:56 PM »

Nobody I met in Vegas (who were regular's down the frontrow) post on fan sites....It's situations like this that make me see why.

And why's that?

You know how "normal" people don't take kindly to supposed rich and famous people complaining? Same situation here.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2015, 05:03:04 PM »

Outside of Axl, I really couldn?t care less who is, or isn?t in this band, but I did appreciate the fact that Ron spoke his mind.
Was reassuring to know that someone in GN'R wasn?t content touring endlessly, collecting paychecks. He wanted to get together and write as a band.
Maybe everyone in GN?R feels that way, but he came out and said it. A bit odd to me that fans find fault with him being motivated to be creative and produce new music.
Something this band continuously fails to do in unprecedented fashion.

I second that!

Jarmo...A rich rockstar throwing his toys out the pram in GN'R! Yes I see that but I'm not sure it's Bumble.

I'm guessing you know he's out as I doubt you'd be as vocal if you thought you'd be touring with him again.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2015, 05:10:28 PM »

Jarmo for all your rules on this site (which I agree with) it's a shame to see you allowing this.

Not only allowing it, doing it himself.

Especially as I thought you'd been close to the guy in the past.

Yeah, exactly. 

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2015, 05:14:59 PM »

I don't know what's going on. All I know is what he's said. I'm assuming that he's not gonna let his solo career suffer if GN'R has something planned. That's what he said.

Jarmo...A rich rockstar throwing his toys out the pram in GN'R! Yes I see that but I'm not sure it's Bumble.

No, I meant the comments he's made about how "horrible" it's been in GN'R. Some people can't relate to it. Going from pretty unknown guitar player to playing in front of thousands of people every night and getting to bring your talents to a larger audience. Some would call that a privilege and an honor. So they don't see why he chose to bring so much attention to the negatives.
I can understand where those kind of feelings come from. Fans idolized him and then feel like he let them down.

I see both sides of the argument.

Your personal vendetta is duly noted.

/jarmo

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2015, 05:19:57 PM »

As far as I know the members of Aerosmith are all equal parts.  With an equal say in the band.  If not the whole. At least jos and steven

The big difference here is that with Guns.  Axl is the boss

Ron has no buisness having any attititude.   He is a paid player.  Not a member.  If you dont like it leave.  Like others have.  There would be no buisness to break up like in the mid 90s that were a partnership.  Like Aerosmith
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2015, 05:26:48 PM »

Your personal vendetta is duly noted.

/jarmo

No personal vendetta.  If he's gone, wish him luck.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2015, 05:27:45 PM »

As far as I know the members of Aerosmith are all equal parts.  With an equal say in the band.  If not the whole. At least jos and steven

Ron has no buisness having any attititude.   He is a paid player.  Not a member.  If you dont like it leave.  Like others have.  There would be no buisness to break up like in the mid 90s that were a partnership.  Like Aerosmith

Uhm, I'm not sure if that is how Axl wants it to be viewed. Jarmo is your feeling that all band members are just "paid players" like it or lump it??

This kinda supports the argument that the band is simply a Axl solo act...which has never been my view. I love the current line up and my response to this whole thing is simply one of disappointment.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2015, 05:44:22 PM »

Uhm, I'm not sure if that is how Axl wants it to be viewed. Jarmo is your feeling that all band members are just "paid players" like it or lump it??

This kinda supports the argument that the band is simply a Axl solo act...which has never been my view. I love the current line up and my response to this whole thing is simply one of disappointment.

I would say some members have more influence on the direction of guns than others do 

I don't know if members have certain "voting" writes or not, but I doubt it

It's Axls band.  It's gnr.  The guys in it have more pull with Axl than others do

Obviously Ron didn't have much pull
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2015, 06:18:47 PM »

So your saying Axl has a solo project with hired musicians and is trying to con the world that it is in fact a band that exsisted until 1993??

Because if all except Axl are hired hands with zero say on anything how can it be anything else??
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2015, 06:20:15 PM »

I am exited that im going to see Bumblefoot play live in Pattaya in a couple weeks.

And i like his previous solo albums. Ill always remember Ron handing me his abnormal cd in 2010 in Helsinki.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2015, 06:28:40 PM »

So your saying Axl has a solo project with hired musicians and is trying to con the world that it is in fact a band that exsisted until 1993??

Because if all except Axl are hired hands with zero say on anything how can it be anything else??

I don't think I even came close to saying that.

If you want to say that go ahead

Guns n roses is Axl Rose and what ever band members he chooses to surround himself at any given time
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2015, 06:43:34 PM »

No personal vendetta.  If he's gone, wish him luck.

Good luck, all the best!  ok

Still doesn't mean I can't comment on the current former singer issues in his new super group to be confusing or ironic.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 06:45:10 PM by jarmo » Logged

Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2015, 06:58:38 PM »

I think that he should call that album "Paranormal"

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: