Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 03:59:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Some people here want Finck to leave?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some people here want Finck to leave?  (Read 24414 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2006, 03:05:25 PM »

The short version of TWAT has robin doing the outro you know that right

Yeah, and the short version doesn't hold a candle to the longer one with Bucket. You know that as well as anyone on this board. Finck's guitar playing is too limited to take the song to that level.

People dont give Finck enough credit. That is all i am saying. I love what BH did with TWAT but the short version without his wah wah is still very good.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
madagas
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2006, 03:07:44 PM »

Dave, I think Finck is pretty solid and definitely a great heavy riffer like on Irs. His solos on the Blues, Better, CD and TWAT are nice as well. But, I have to agree with Naupis that Gnr songs need an epic quality to them and I am not sure Finck is capable of that. I too see him more as a rhythm player with the ability to play some complimentary solos. Don't get me wrong, I am definitely happy with him in the band. I dig him. beer
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2006, 03:10:21 PM »

Finck is good at writing songs and riffs, but is a crappy soloist. Bucket is good at soloing and is the yin to Robins yang.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2006, 03:12:18 PM »

But, I have to agree with Naupis that Gnr songs need an epic quality to them and I am not sure Finck is capable of that. I too see him more as a rhythm player with the ability to play some complimentary solos.

You hit my point on the head. With Finck as the lead guitarist without a true talent behind him we would be relegated to good, but average songs. Imagine NR stopping before the big ending with the last solo. It would still be a good song without it, but not the epic it became. The New GNR songs we have heard are in the same situation without someone like Bucket to lift them up. Goods songs, but nothing that will be talked about 15-20 years from now the way the GNR back catalog currently still is.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2006, 03:25:06 PM »

But, I have to agree with Naupis that Gnr songs need an epic quality to them and I am not sure Finck is capable of that. I too see him more as a rhythm player with the ability to play some complimentary solos.

buy the NIN live DVD.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2006, 03:27:31 PM »

richard should be the lead guitar player.
and bbf is better than finck.
if finck is out of gn'r, i wouldn't miss him.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2006, 03:28:50 PM »

say what you want people....  without finck this new gnr is dead.

honestly, if he`d leave the band, my interest in this project wouldn`t be half as big as it is now. of course i`m a big axl fan, but over the years i`ve also become a big fan of the entire band, especially finck. he never let me down anyways.... i was one of the few people who stood behind him before he changed his look and image (some say he improved his playing...) this year.

he`s the guy who wrote better (does anyone remember the shit he got after the demos leaked?), all guitar parts in the blues, probably all guitar parts in twat and tons of stuff we haven`t heard of. i also tend to believe he wrote IRS.

i agree, his technical skills aren`t on the same level as bucket or richard`s , but in regards of emotion, creativity, style, look, stage presence, etc... , he`s definitely one of the best guitar players of the world. my faouritve guitar player anyways....
richard didn`t have the chance to write music for gnr and buckethead basically recorded some solos. you should remember that. robin however is in the band for 10 years now. please don`t get me wrong, i`m a huge buckethead fan and have some of his solo records, but i`d prefer finck any day.

but it`s not just about my personal opinion or his skills. robin is along with axl, dizzy, tommy and chriss the backbone of this band. if anyone of these guys mentioned left the band it`d be over. don`t say slash/izzy/duff left the band and it went on.... that`s not true..

after izzy left gnr, you could count the days until everything went downhill. i strongly believe it`s the same with this band. paul huge was just a temporary fill- in, while axl searched for the right one (richard). everyone here knows that, or should know that at least. bucket was a huge loss, but a gain for the chemistry of the band....  i`d take him over bumblefoot any day of the week though...

i guess some of you are gnr fans since the early days, so it doesn`t matter to you who`s in the band as long as axl`s there... the old members left anyways...however, this is a new band and any member is as important as the whole. it was the same with the old band and izzy`s departure is proof of that peace

this band exists since 2000 peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2006, 03:30:13 PM »

say what you want people....? without finck this new gnr is dead.

Yeah!  rant
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2006, 03:33:28 PM »

Finck...get the fuck out. smoking

Live N' Let Die
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2006, 03:35:50 PM »

Finck is the izzy of this new gnr.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2006, 03:37:21 PM »

buy the NIN live DVD.

NIN was never about the solos and I've seen them live. I don't know what you will prove to me if I saw this DVD.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Eppe
Headliner

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2006, 03:43:42 PM »

Finck rules! He has unique style that fits the new songs and he plays the old songs very well. We don't need anymore lineup changes.
diablo280273
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2006, 03:47:31 PM »

I like the dude but after hearing the leaks i have serious doubts about his songwriting skills. Better is pretty good but somehow it doesn't have that edge and chemistry GnR use to have.   
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2006, 03:48:28 PM »

why cant we just keep the band the way it is???
 im sick of hearing people say "oh 'someone' has to go"
try and remember its not up to you

You have no idea how much I agree with you on that, that's why I made this topic, to clear up that he's staying and with every reason.
T_Roxie
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2006, 03:48:38 PM »

I wasnt too keen on him but i was impressed yesterday...I think he must be critical to writing though!
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2006, 03:51:34 PM »

Dave, I think Finck is pretty solid and definitely a great heavy riffer like on Irs. His solos on the Blues, Better, CD and TWAT are nice as well. But, I have to agree with Naupis that Gnr songs need an epic quality to them and I am not sure Finck is capable of that. I too see him more as a rhythm player with the ability to play some complimentary solos. Don't get me wrong, I am definitely happy with him in the band. I dig him. beer

Hey man, I kinda know what you're saying. But I doubt you can tell me the solo he performs on "Better" is NOT the climactic epic part of the song.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2006, 03:56:22 PM »

Yes, as it was already said: Finck's style is unique. I don't want him to leave, he adds a bit of something to the band. But regarding the actual playing, I think Thal and Fortus can do much better than him. Not saying he's not good, just saying that GNR has some great guitarists.
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2006, 04:00:49 PM »

Not saying he's not good, just saying that GNR has some great guitarists.

Or possibly too many??

Just kidding, I'm probably gonna get bashed now...
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2006, 04:02:18 PM »

Or possibly too many??

Not by me... I agree with you. But if Axl says the band needs 3 of them.........
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2006, 04:09:58 PM »

Or possibly too many??

Not by me... I agree with you. But if Axl says the band needs 3 of them.........

...if Axl says the band needs 3 of them..........so it shall be... hihi hihi rofl
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: