Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 08:25:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  "Coma"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Coma"  (Read 6812 times)
feehan
Banned
Opening Act

Feehan's Democracy

« on: July 15, 2006, 10:56:57 AM »

Ive been listening to UYI 1 alot recently and this song really grabs me each time i think its a true quality song would be very interesting to hear it with the new band.

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 10:59:05 AM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=23765.0

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
ROSE22
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 10:59:37 AM »

we all would ?ok dead horse
Outtagetme
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 11:16:12 AM »

I went to see Def Leppard/ Journey two nights ago and in between bands, they played Coma just before Def Leppard went on stage.  Just after they played that, the lights went out.  Maybe that means that DL likes GNR.  Fucking cool though.  Usually, the songs the play before a band goes on stage are songs I don't know.
MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 11:34:56 AM »

Dude,
That must be a standard song they play for when Def Leppard tours,'cause when I saw DL in Philly back in March of 2003,they played "Coma" then too,right before they came on. They must be big fans of that song!

It was kooky to hear it 'cause I should've seen GN'R in that arena in Dec. '02 but,the riot happened and etc. but,to hear the entire song over the PA was pretty cool. So,I did hear GN'R in that arena. Kind of.

? MATT
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 11:45:17 AM »

I went to see Def Leppard/ Journey two nights ago and in between bands, they played Coma just before Def Leppard went on stage.? Just after they played that, the lights went out.? Maybe that means that DL likes GNR.? Fucking cool though.? Usually, the songs the play before a band goes on stage are songs I don't know.

They do - they always play it.   But they play Coma and then We Will Rock You by Queen don't they?  Coma always stands out for me as being more memorable but I'm certain that they've always played We Will Rock You immediately after.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 01:07:28 PM »

Dude,
That must be a standard song they play for when Def Leppard tours,'cause when I saw DL in Philly back in March of 2003,they played "Coma" then too,right before they came on. They must be big fans of that song!

It was kooky to hear it 'cause I should've seen GN'R in that arena in Dec. '02 but,the riot happened and etc. but,to hear the entire song over the PA was pretty cool. So,I did hear GN'R in that arena. Kind of.

? MATT

Yeah same here.  I saw Journey/Def Leppard at Mohegan Sun last month and they played Coma as well.  I noticed at least one girl rocking out.  Lots of GNR shirts being worn at the show too.  Which is always good to see.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 07:29:47 AM »

coma rocks, a great song, catpures exactly the feeling i feel

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 01:56:31 AM »

Same again. I saw Def Lepard at the Hammersmith appollo in 04' and they played Coma between bands.

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 01:38:20 PM »

I think Coma is one of the songs that has to be reserved  for only the original band, same as  Estranged. It just would not be right  for the new band to play those songs.
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 02:11:04 AM »

coma is such a bitchin song the lyrics kick so much ass expecially the last like 3 minutes

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 03:30:16 AM »

the fucking riffs and solos in coma are amazing.. Blows the door as a whole off any newer song.. COma is definetly one of the all around best gnr songs ever, from the vocals to guitar to all the instruments... beer
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 07:43:38 AM »

Hell yeah, Coma is too personal song to be played, I think. Just like Locomotive, Estranged and November Rain. Too much emotion both in the lyrics and the instrumental. Coma kicks butts.

"...It don't really matter..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2006, 03:33:37 AM »

Hell yeah, Coma is too personal song to be played, I think. Just like Locomotive, Estranged and November Rain. Too much emotion both in the lyrics and the instrumental. Coma kicks butts.

I feel that way about scom.. So much slash on there, or even the opening riff of jungle ,brings back to many memories.. Made it hard to look onstage each time..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: