Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 08:37:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  "Do you know where the beep you are?!?!?"
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Do you know where the beep you are?!?!?"  (Read 14093 times)
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« on: August 14, 2006, 02:43:20 PM »

i dont think Jungle should be the opener anymore....i mean, its perfect, but its too played out. its becoming cliche...

id save it for the encore!!!!!! i think that would be cool, make people wait for jungle...

open with chinese democracy, better, or nightrain.

encore 1: Jungle

encore 2: Paradise
Alina
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 02:53:26 PM »

I think it will be cool if the 1st song will be better and jungle after? IMO they need to start the show with somethin new Wink

Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 03:00:40 PM »

Better would make a good opener.
I wouldn't change Jungle with anything else.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 03:13:56 PM »

Well each to his or her own, of course, but at this point I can't imagine a better (no pun intended!) opener than Jungle.  As the intro died away and the band walked out onto a darkened stage, the tension would be palpable.  Then, the moment that Robin teased out a few notes of what must be one of the most instantly recognisable riffs in the history of rock 'n' roll, it triggered the release of a tidal wave of emotion that swept through the arena and heralded the start of yet another roller coaster GNR experience for all those lucky enough to be there....

...And to think that you lucky Americans are poised on the brink of all this....I am so jealous!

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 03:24:36 PM »

i agree with you, it is perfect.....but, maybe its time for something new??

jungle is THE perfect opener, but saving it for later, only adds to the build-up of excitement. CD or Better would be great as an opener, although Better is kinda hard to sing live, just one of those songs that doesn't work too too well in a live setting.

shit, open with Right Next Door to Hell like Indiana 1991, who cares....just change it up. lol
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 03:27:19 PM »

The intro of Jungle after standing by for GNR gives the audience a massive thrill of ecstacy and a rush of energy, which IMO everyone better experience for once, at least.

I'm waiting for the moment Chinese Democracy opens the show.
the show will go down in music history. smoking
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 03:35:21 PM »

jungle is THE perfect opener, but saving it for later, only adds to the build-up of excitement. CD or Better would be great as an opener, although Better is kinda hard to sing live, just one of those songs that doesn't work too too well in a live setting.

shit, open with Right Next Door to Hell like Indiana 1991, who cares....just change it up. lol

Again, I'm sorry, but I have to disagree.  Better is my favourite new song and I've only heard it live - didn't download it.   At this stage, I feel it to be the defining song of this new GNR and believe that its anthemic qualities will secure its place on the setlists of the future.  It was definitely one of the highlights of the tour for me and a song that I always eagerly anticipated at each show.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 03:36:54 PM »

CD will make for an awesome opener, WTTJ is definitely the all time opener, but it wouldnt hurt to try something new atleast for a couple of shows

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 03:39:46 PM »

i have 5 songs that would be good openers i think.. don't know wich i like the most but these 5
welcome to the jungle
better
nightrain
it's so easy
chinese democracy

anyone of those would be a good opener  ok
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 03:45:11 PM »

i agree cheap.

i think better sounds great live, but compared to every other song, its just hard to pull off. for whatever reason, and ive played hundreds of live shows, for whatever reason....some songs just dont work as well as others....but, if they opened with better, it would rock just as hard....its axl and gnr afterall!! lol

as long as robin doesn't flub the intro to better, its all good. sorry.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 03:57:03 PM »

Opening with Chinese Democracy would be awesome, especially because of the guitar in the beginning. It would make a great opener.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 04:01:23 PM »

i have 5 songs that would be good openers i think.. don't know wich i like the most but these 5
welcome to the jungle
better
nightrain
it's so easy
chinese democracy

anyone of those would be a good opener  ok

The drum roll at the start of It's so Easy would make for a good opener  beer

Welcome to the Jungle has aged. When GTA San Andreas came out last year and the television advert was playing the opening sound to Welcome to the Jungle, it really gave the song an 80's feel to it.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 04:05:14 PM »

i agree cheap.

i think better sounds great live, but compared to every other song, its just hard to pull off. for whatever reason, and ive played hundreds of live shows, for whatever reason....some songs just dont work as well as others....but, if they opened with better, it would rock just as hard....its axl and gnr afterall!! lol

as long as robin doesn't flub the intro to better, its all good. sorry.

Better would not make for a good choice of song to open a gig with. Better starts with a weird intro sound and takes a while for the song to get fully going. Just my take on it  peace
Elrothiel
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2006, 04:15:48 PM »

Jungle is THE perfect opener and should never ever be changed! There are other songs which would be GOOD openers, but... Jungle is just... legendary. It sends shivers down your spine and sends the crowd into an instant frenzy! No show would be the same without Jungle as the opener!
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2006, 04:20:32 PM »

I would change it. Otherwise, it is nearly the same show that it has been since they started the 2002 tour. There were plenty of other openers that worked well in earlier days - no reason why that couldn't work for this version of the band as well.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2006, 04:22:14 PM »

Opening with Chinese Democracy would be awesome, especially because of the guitar in the beginning. It would make a great opener.

Didn't a member (Chris?) also say he was looking forward to the day they open with CD, in france?
suzypi
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2006, 04:53:07 PM »

to me the opening song should be paradise city, it would be a great surprise, & i'm so bored that song is  ALWAYS the last for years & years
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2006, 04:59:12 PM »

Exactly, after the NY shows I was thinking that as well. The extended guitar part of the live version is very similar, in concept not sound, to the prolonged intro to WTTJ. I believe we will see some shows opened with CD soon.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Kov
1-800 UNBELIEVABLE
Headliner

gunsnroses.hu chinesedemocracy.com

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2006, 05:05:10 PM »

Again, I'm sorry, but I have to disagree.? Better is my favourite new song and I've only heard it live - didn't download it.? ?At this stage, I feel it to be the defining song of this new GNR and believe that its anthemic qualities will secure its place on the setlists of the future.? It was definitely one of the highlights of the tour for me and a song that I always eagerly anticipated at each show.

The song live has somewhat of a karaoke feel to it, at the "You know I know better..." part... Axl just can't nail that part, but everything else is perfect, but that part... It just ruins it for me...

HTGTH policy:

*poof*
Gone.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2006, 05:09:20 PM »

Welcome to the Jungle has aged. When GTA San Andreas came out last year and the television advert was playing the opening sound to Welcome to the Jungle, it really gave the song an 80's feel to it.

You mean the GTA game where Welcome to the Jungle was being played on a 90's rock radio station with STP and Rage Against The Machine?  Tongue

Yeah, they could stand to change Jungle being the opener... the setlist gives the band an opporunity to be creative, I wish they would have fun with it.   ok
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: