Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:13:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  "Chinese Democracy" the compact disc, might not be out yet, but its the greatest
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Chinese Democracy" the compact disc, might not be out yet, but its the greatest  (Read 5622 times)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« on: March 02, 2007, 10:25:44 AM »

marketing strategy in the history of music. Think about it, the thought of "Chinese Democracy" has kept all us die hards waiting in the wings for years and has allowed the new line up to tour and do hundreds of shows without ever playing more than 6 songs of new material. I never really once looked at it from a marketing point of view until a guy who hates gnr was like.. "listen, Axl is never going to put out that record, that's just a marketing scheme to keep selling tickets to shows and keep the bands name in the public arena." I told him that he was WRONG, and that Chinese Democracy is going to be released and is closer than ever, but what he said made sense....

The truth is Axl could keep promising Chinese Democracy for another 5 years, and 95% of would still be here and still be going to shows as long as he played maybe one/two additional song each year we haven't heard to make us still believe an album was imminent.

The hype, the anticipation, the search/waiting for new leaks and everything associated with "Chinese Democracy" has created a mass hysteria amongst gnr fans for the last 10 years, and its been the single best marketing scheme without having to spend a $$$$ by the record company... peace
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 10:30:14 AM »

well, i dont think it has been a marketing strategy they have planned..
And the Guns N Roses name itself would sell tickits to shows.. Im sure alot of the people attending
the shows in 2006, had never hear any new songs at all.. But yes.. i agree that the album has become
a myth and made alot of attention to GnR...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 10:32:46 AM »

Don't forget about the other side of people who are thinking that this album is a complete joke that was expected to be released in 1999 and the other factor that music culture today is not driven towards metal/rock music anymore.  I'm not saying that this won't make an impact in music, but I doubt that it will be as successful like it was in the early 90's. 

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 10:33:40 AM »

well, i dont think it has been a marketing strategy they have planned..
And the Guns N Roses name itself would sell tickits to shows.. Im sure alot of the people attending
the shows in 2006, had never hear any new songs at all.. But yes.. i agree that the album has become
a myth and made alot of attention to GnR...

I mean I don't think the intention was to create what has happened, however I can't think of any band, that gets as much free promotion as Guns N Roses "Chinese Democracy".... and I can't think of any other band that can tour as many times and play to as big as audience as this new gnr without even playing more than 6 songs of new material.. it's just amazing how much power the name "Guns N Roses" still holds and the intrigue associated with "Chinese Democracy"...
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 10:35:43 AM »

Don't forget about the other side of people who are thinking that this album is a complete joke that was expected to be released in 1999 and the other factor that music culture today is not driven towards metal/rock music anymore.? I'm not saying that this won't make an impact in music, but I doubt that it will be as successful like it was in the early 90's.?

If the music is good and the music is played a lot on local radio, it simply won't be kept down, most the negativity will go away once the album is out and recieving airplay... until then it will be half/half or even more negative because a lot of people are bias against Axl or just so fed up an actual album isn't out they view the idea of a new gnr as a joke.
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 10:36:21 AM »

Ok.

But you have to consider the fact that the normal GN'R fan, not the one who is spending much time on various message boards, don't give a damn if they tour in the US or somewhere else. A lot of people who went to the shows still expected Slash and the other guys to be on stage.
You can't compare the "well-informed" fan and the occasional fan. Some friends of mine who like the GN'R stuff aren't into checking the web for news every 2 month. They look forward to listening to new material and they don't care about all the stuff around.
For the die hard fan it is nice to get a leak or to get a boot from 2006 or the open letter. Most of the other people want the CD.

Therefore I don't think that it is marketing thing. It would have been only money making marketing if they would have pushed the shows over the last year in a much offensive way.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 10:54:13 AM »

Ok.

But you have to consider the fact that the normal GN'R fan, not the one who is spending much time on various message boards, don't give a damn if they tour in the US or somewhere else. A lot of people who went to the shows still expected Slash and the other guys to be on stage.
You can't compare the "well-informed" fan and the occasional fan. Some friends of mine who like the GN'R stuff aren't into checking the web for news every 2 month. They look forward to listening to new material and they don't care about all the stuff around.
For the die hard fan it is nice to get a leak or to get a boot from 2006 or the open letter. Most of the other people want the CD.

Therefore I don't think that it is marketing thing. It would have been only money making marketing if they would have pushed the shows over the last year in a much offensive way.

Yeah.

I know I was surprised.    confused

*bba*

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 10:54:49 AM »

Well if it's a marketing trick it's a lousy one.. What do you think people would do if Axl released CD finally (and as we know it already has some kick ass songs), stop going to see GN'R and wouldn't buy the album?

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 10:57:46 AM »

A majority of the audience at the cleveland gig didn't seem to impressed with the new line up. but you could easily tell apart the die hard fans and just average people going to a show. but i think the gnr camp are using the wait for CD as a marketing tool.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 11:00:44 AM by Axlfreek » Logged

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 11:04:31 AM »

"listen, Axl is never going to put out that record, that's just a marketing scheme to keep selling tickets to shows and keep the bands name in the public arena."

Sorry but, this is a BULLSHIT theory!!!    rant             puke

This album is going to be released eventually.                                         headbanger

Why the fuck would Axl do this???      Huh               headscratch

This makes no sense whatsoever for Axl to even simply consider doing something like this and you'd have to be a complete fucking nutjob  nervous to think of attempting something so completely ridiculous like that in the first place!!!     rant   

The answer to that question is this: - He wouldn't do that.    no

Unbelievable, is all I can think when I read some of the theories that people have and how they think they know what Axl's planning or not planning.

lmao

gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 07:36:41 PM »

"listen, Axl is never going to put out that record, that's just a marketing scheme to keep selling tickets to shows and keep the bands name in the public arena."

Ask your friend this question: if this is a marketing tool to tour and rack up $$$, why did Axl waited 13 years to start touring again? (1993-2006, not counting the 2002 bip)

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: