Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:12:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Help! Is this 'official' Asian release of UYI or fake (probable!)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help! Is this 'official' Asian release of UYI or fake (probable!)  (Read 2852 times)
thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: January 16, 2005, 01:43:33 PM »

Hey, can you help me out?

basically, i've always shied away from buying UYI cds cos i can't really afford it (theres always something else higher on the list) so on ebay i found this guy selling them both for 1c for both of them. its this ebay tactic whereby the price is low and the shipping bumped up to cover it. understand?

anyway, they were shipped from china and had 100% authenticity garaunteed (sorry i can never spell that word!) etc and his feedback was about 7000 with 99.4% positive. so i was like ok i'll spoil myself. the pic showed the cd and it looked like this really funky edition. they had the cardboard covering like loads of cds do nowadays and it was the laughing skull with the guns etc. i don't really like the UTI covers so i thought cool a better cover too.

so they turned up and had this silverly sticker on them, like the old VHS tapes used to to prove they were real, and it all looks good (i can handle the chinese writing it doesn't bother me!) but then i look abit more closely and fucking stuff is spelt wrong! it must be funny to people who haven't spent the  money on these things (ie everyone but me!!!) but how annoying is it that garden of eden is spelt garedn of eden. and civil war is spelt civil way?

so basically i'm thinking these are fakes. and at certain points on the cd it jumps and stops playing, and i have to stop the cd playing and start it again to get it back going, which i think is typical of copied cds right?

anywya i was hoping there is someone from asia on these boards who can tell me if this is the "official" release or if they have seen copies knocking about like this 'cos i wanna report this bitch to ebay! punk! its weird though cos the cardboard covering, despite the spelling mistake, is done immaculately with the silver hologram type sticker and the laughing skull and guns is 'raised' slightly, you know - embossed. but then i remmeber in asia there is a high market for copies, so i imagine the copiers have gotten quite skilled!

ANYWAY, any info would be appreciated. try post quick before i have to scroll through many posts from jokers taking the piss out of me!
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 01:51:02 PM »

This is obviously fake, like 99% of the stuff that comes from China and similar markets like Taiwan.
If the CD doesn't play properly, you should ask for a refund IMO.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 02:08:34 PM »

Get a refund, and if he wont contact ebay. Also, spelling really doesnt matter since GHs was offical and had a bunch of spelling errors.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 02:50:09 PM »

there fake, i got them too. Undecided but mine play fine.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 03:11:08 AM »

ah cheers for the replies, he replied to an email saying "i'm sure they are official" but it's nice to know someone else has got them.

i'm surprised at how good the copies are over in asia!  Huh

basically i'm going to report him to ebay, but i'm in abit of a quandry as i would like my money back too!

cheers!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: