Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:50:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rolling Stone Rips GNR For Boring & Never-Ending Tour
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rolling Stone Rips GNR For Boring & Never-Ending Tour  (Read 42555 times)
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2020, 08:38:12 PM »

Fuck Rolling Stone... lol

It was called the Use Your Illusion tour for a reason...

It was called the Chinese Democracy tour for a reason....

It was Called the Not in this lifetime tour for a reason.....

It’s being called The Next Chapter for a reason;)

It would be a colossal mega sized public relations managerial disaster for them to name this tour what they did without a plan. This management has proven to have a plan, time and time again. Let’s just wait for THAT plan to be unveiled. It’s happening, SOMETHING is brewing... the tour could have been called anything besides what they did. But they chose The Next Chapter for a reason. The last chapter was burying the hatchet and proving they could still own the world... the next chapter is new music. Or maybe they’re all becoming cyborgs to continue touring forever Wink

Have faith people. This year is gonna be stellar!!  Cool
I agree 100 percent. something is up in a positive way. they wouldn't risk this tour without it IMO
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2020, 11:15:52 PM »

Sounds like they've been reading the forums.

Looks like we're not the only ones tired of getting the runaround regarding new music. You reap what you sow.

Sofine11

You wanna make a $100 bet that GNR releases new music this year?  I would make that bet with you....saying they do.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2020, 12:31:53 AM »

Looks like we're not the only ones tired of getting the runaround regarding new music. You reap what you sow.

Sofine11

You wanna make a $100 bet that GNR releases new music this year?  I would make that bet with you....saying they do.
I am no gambler, but I think that is a great bet. I think they release music soon as well.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2020, 12:59:48 AM »

You wanna make a $100 bet that GNR releases new music this year?  I would make that bet with you....saying they do.

I remember people on this very site making the same bet in 2006.  Poor bastards, I saw them on skid row the other day.   Tongue   hihi

That said, I hope they do release new music sooner as opposed to later.  But with GNR, I wouldn't make bets on such things if my life depended on it.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2020, 07:11:17 AM »

Sofine11

Lawyer tactics - what is "new music" ?
If a new album of original music with this group of musicians - that is an interesting bet

If you consider new music something they burp up from 1988 that sounds like Axl is 20 years old but they fine tune it with today's technology and it shows up on youtube- that is quite different.

Also - CD songs that have 18 different musicians who played on it but Slash throws his own solo on top - if this starts leaking on youtube - does this count?
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2020, 10:50:57 AM »

NEW music.  Music that has never been released on an album.  This includes leaks that the general public have not heard. 

Anything they may have done in the last couple years, as well as previously un-released material.  Atlas Shrugged, Silk Worms, Hardschool, etc would count.  Very high percentage of people in this world have never heard these songs. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2020, 11:39:26 AM »

NEW music.  Music that has never been released on an album.  This includes leaks that the general public have not heard.  

Anything they may have done in the last couple years, as well as previously un-released material.  Atlas Shrugged, Silk Worms, Hardschool, etc would count.  Very high percentage of people in this world have never heard these songs.  

Personally played the crap out of and got sick of Silkworms a long time ago - but if that's what you call new music - your hopes for 2020 are just a little different than mine

NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2020, 11:43:12 AM »

Fuck Rolling Stone... lol

It was called the Use Your Illusion tour for a reason...

It was called the Chinese Democracy tour for a reason....

It was Called the Not in this lifetime tour for a reason.....

It’s being called The Next Chapter for a reason;)

It would be a colossal mega sized public relations managerial disaster for them to name this tour what they did without a plan.

Have faith people. This year is gonna be stellar!!  Cool

I don't know. This is what the Rolling Stones have been doing since 2015 when they kicked off their Zip Code stadium tour. They just change the name and keep on chooglin'! In fact, today they just announced another tour.

I do see your point, though.  peace
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2020, 11:46:13 AM »

For the first time in my life I won't be going to see GN'R when they hit locally to wherever I am.   I'm just kind of bored with the same music and I don't feel it's worth the money.  If I see something new happen I might change my mind but at this point I'm just not interested and I don't feel bad about it. 
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2020, 12:07:51 PM »

For the first time in my life I won't be going to see GN'R when they hit locally to wherever I am.   I'm just kind of bored with the same music and I don't feel it's worth the money.  If I see something new happen I might change my mind but at this point I'm just not interested and I don't feel bad about it. 

Same here. I saw NITL three times, had a blast every time, but I just can't in good conscience pay that same wild amount of money to see the same show again give or take a song two.  Or a new screen.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2020, 12:14:51 PM »

Same here. I saw NITL three times, had a blast every time, but I just can't in good conscience pay that same wild amount of money to see the same show again give or take a song two.  Or a new screen.

Yup.  Same here.  I've seen NITL 5 times...the spirit will really need to move me to go again (read: to explain to my wife why I need to go again).  A new album?  Now we're talking.  But to maybe here Locomotive?  Not so much.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2020, 12:27:40 PM »

Glad I'm not the only one...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2020, 01:31:22 PM »

If the Not In This Lifetime tour ended last November, how is it the same tour then?

I guess their logic is that since it's the same band, it's the same "reunion tour"....

/jarmo

I think they are just looking for a reaction. It's lazy journalism
cineater
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2020, 01:51:18 PM »

If the Not In This Lifetime tour ended last November, how is it the same tour then?

I guess their logic is that since it's the same band, it's the same "reunion tour"....

/jarmo

I think they are just looking for a reaction. It's lazy journalism

Wasn't lazy, it had a purpose.  Going to cost them a lot of space for that shot. 

They're going to write a story anyway, go for the exclusive and all the pics. 

Just my opinion, not in the biz but I will use your ass, count on it.  Cheesy

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2020, 02:02:14 PM »

Wow, my buddy and I are both huge GNR fans and we had that exact conversation a couple of days ago whether we will see GNR when they are in Arlington, TX in August. I said I just was not excited and did not want to spend hundreds of dollars to see the same show. I mean, the last time I saw them was in Denver in 2017 and it was the best show of my life. Absolute perfection in every way.

For 2020, I also am not excited about the venue where they will play in August, a closed roof stadium. I saw them in a closed roof stadium in 2016 and the sound was horrible. It seems to me that large stadium shows are only good for enriching the band, not for a high quality audience experience. I can't forget the 3,000 (?) seat venue at the Joint in Vegas or even the 1,800 seat venue in Dallas at House of Blues where GNR played in the pre-union days (I was unfortunately out of town). I understand that now that Duff and Slash are back, the days of small venues are probably gone.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2020, 02:14:06 PM »

I understand that now that Duff and Slash are back, the days of small venues are probably gone.

Not necessarily.
GN'R played at the Troubadour (LA), the Apollo (NYC), the Palladium (LA) and the Colosseum (Las Vegas). These aren't huge stadiums or arenas.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2020, 03:05:37 PM »

Yes, point taken.

I actually wanted to go to the Vegas show (s) but tickets were just too expensive.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2020, 03:07:48 PM »

Yes, point taken.

I actually wanted to go to the Vegas show (s) but tickets were just too expensive.

That's the downside of playing smaller venues....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2020, 05:51:40 PM »

/jarmo

I think the writer's point is that, other than maybe the name of the tour, as of the first show everything was more or less the same milking of the back catalogue instead of shaking it up with the new music they assured us was in the works.

IT HASN’T STARTED!!
IT’S NOT “THE NEXT CHAPTER” YET!!
THIS WAS A ONE-OFF!!!

FUCKING SPLASH

/Mike

A LIKE Button Please!
We have such a burning need!
I would use it now!

CANNON BALL!

/pilferk

How did I miss this?Huh
Thanks so much for the homage...
Oh, LOVE “CANNON BALL!”

splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2020, 07:00:15 PM »

Rolling Stone has no credibility anyone.  Re: The University of Virginia story.
Fuck Rolling Stone.

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: