Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 04:08:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1568542 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2680 on: December 05, 2014, 02:41:46 PM »

I think it still applies. The things that changed are the volumes sold and formats.
You still have the holiday season which as you pointed out is important.

/jarmo

In my mind, the digital sales have taken over for the physical sales (don't know if that true though..  Huh). If that's the case, hasn't it become a lesser market for music as gifts - for the holiday season? People are buying it for themselves, or are just streaming with the likes of Spotify.

I mean, maybe it has become less important to release an album "at the right time". The sales have evened out a bit throughout the year.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2681 on: December 05, 2014, 02:42:20 PM »

It seems like we are as close to a new album as we have been at any time... cheers to that. I know we ALL will very be excited to see it come to fruition.

Give us something new to talk about, if nothing else.

It seems when we get a little off track here with our discusions.   Posts get moved.  Or we are just told to stay on topic.   I feel there are so many discusions that ultimately can all rout back to how the new album will sound with speculation on it.   I feel this topic should be about all of them.  

Even speculation on Ron being on the band or not would be huge factor in the next album speculation of how it would sound    My personal opinion on it is Rons silence speaks volumes.....  

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2682 on: December 05, 2014, 02:46:00 PM »

It seems like we are as close to a new album as we have been at any time... cheers to that. I know we ALL will very be excited to see it come to fruition.

It seems when we get a little off track here with our discusions.   Posts get moved.  Or we are just told to stay on topic.   I feel there are so many discusions that ultimately can all rout back to how the new album will sound with speculation on it.   I feel this topic should be about all of them.  

Even speculation on Ron being on the band or not would be huge factor in the next album speculation of how it would sound    My personal opinion on it is Rons silence speaks volumes.....

He only keeps 3, maybe 4 thread active at a time.  Its literally impossible to stay "on topic".

And if something its moved, its never a new thread in here.  Its off to some other Siberian folder.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2683 on: December 05, 2014, 02:48:11 PM »

I think it still applies. The things that changed are the volumes sold and formats.

/jarmo

In my mind, the digital sales have taken over for the physical sales (don't know if that true though..  Huh). If that's the case, hasn't it become a lesser market for music as gifts - for the holiday season? People are buying it for themselves, or are just streaming with the likes of Spotify.

I mean, maybe it has become less important to release an album "at the right time". The sales have evened out a bit throughout the year.

With proper promotion and marketing a new album can come out at any time.

Christmas is a good time for gimick albums.   Chritmas themed stuff and greatest hit packages

The best real time for a album to come out would be pre summer, late spring...   And hope you have a radio hit that becomes the song of the summer.    This is usually used for pop acts and mainstream easy listening too rock.   Don't think that formula would work for guns, unless thy come out with a popy hit song.  3 mins long or so.

Release it any time with killer promotion from both the band and label.  It will sell
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2684 on: December 05, 2014, 02:50:13 PM »

He only keeps 3, maybe 4 thread active at a time.  Its literally impossible to stay "on topic".

And if something its moved, its never a new thread in here.  Its off to some other Siberian folder.

I wouldn't mind things being moved.  If then the topic they got moved to popped to the top of the screen.  But what happens is this topic stays at the top and even though your post has been moved someplace.   U have no idea where.   That topic it got moved too should now move to the top of the page. Oh well
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2685 on: December 05, 2014, 02:50:53 PM »

They did provide a song for a movie the last time around. "Terminator: Genisys" could be an ice-breaker for the next one.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2686 on: December 05, 2014, 02:52:12 PM »

/jarmo

Physical sales of albums is stronger than ever in markets like China and Japan and many parts of Europe.  Lots of money of money out there to be made for artists
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2687 on: December 05, 2014, 02:53:50 PM »

They did provide a song for a movie the last time around. "Terminator: Genisys" could be an ice-breaker for the next one.

I still say it would be great to see them on me the season finally of saturday night live.   Debuting a new song on there   With like you said possibly something released on a movie soundtrack.   Soundtracks seem like such easy money
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2688 on: December 05, 2014, 03:01:20 PM »

/jarmo

I would also say that guns popularity is much strong in the European, asian and south American markets than it is in the usa...    What was once an ecential American hard rock band., no longer is.   Record sales and ticket sales are proof of this
If I was guns I would market the shit out of this next album to those markets and Canada!  There promotion won't go to waste and it will be a bf of a thank you to those fans for there continuous support   
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2689 on: December 05, 2014, 03:07:39 PM »

In my mind, the digital sales have taken over for the physical sales (don't know if that true though..  Huh). If that's the case, hasn't it become a lesser market for music as gifts - for the holiday season?

Yes, that's why when you sell less cds or vinyls, it's more important to release it in time for the holidays... Gifting an album on iTunes doesn't make a nice thing to put under the tree (or wherever your presents go).

He is right here. Hello?
Please stop thinking you have unearthed some secret master plan on how this site is run. You clearly have no clue.

If something is moved to Dead Horse there's a good reason for it. Your interesting setlist talk is boring, your discussion about 2002 has been done, your talk about Axl not doing what you wished is old. And so on. Lighten up, they're only posts. Why so serious?

If you have any questions, please ask on the correct board instead of constantly having the need to litter every thread with your off topic nonsense.
Thank you.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 03:15:37 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2690 on: December 05, 2014, 03:12:16 PM »

Thank you for sharing your experiences and insight, I enjoy reading first-hand accounts of people that are, or were actively involved and actually have had experience in the industry, as opposed to a lot of unbased and biased opinions and comments that someone has struggled to extract from an orifice to sound "informed and knowledgeable".

Appreciated, hope to read more from you. ok

Thanks! I'm always "lurking", but..I've been around here a LONG time.  A LOT of the "arguments" made here are both circular, and repetitious...there's just very little new.  And I'm not all that interested in rehashing the old discussions again and again and again and again and...well....you get the point. I try to chime in when there's a new "nuance", or something I can contribute to that maybe hasn't come up before.

There was a point made earlier about "that could never happen" in relation to the label that I was also going to comment on, but jarmo, and a couple others, beat me to it.  If you haven't dealt with major labels, or know people (really well) who have...it's hard to grasp exactly how they operate.  It's like nothing else in entertainment..not movie studios, not publication houses, nothing.  They are such a unique entity..and while I won't say that I'm an "expert" on the subject, I've "seen" enough from them to know that...some of the stuff being supposed is completely in the realm of plausibility.  They can be vindictive. There are OFTEN confrontations between them and the talent.  Artists are generally treated poorly (especially now!) and payed crap from the label.  There is shoddy, underhanded accounting to lowball royalty payments.  There is a ridiculous amount of control exerted over the product that is released.  I've heard the horror stories from artists, from people high up in retail music (think VP level at large, music focused, chain), and from people STILL working in the industry that I became friends with when I was working in that venue 20 years ago.

I can't say it is, categorically, what is or has gone on with GnR.  I can't tell you that the label is, for certain, holding material back for some reason (or was).  But I can tell you it HAS HAPPENED.  And if people don't believe my anecdotal, all you have to do is do some quick google searches on artists like Green Day, Fiona Apple, and others.  

But, again, this is a rehash..and a long standing one.  It comes up over and over, and even from some of the same people...when there has, previously, been documented proof showing it.  But, you know..whatever. Smiley

Anyway..I didn't really start this post intending to rant...sorry it went afield. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 03:14:50 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2691 on: December 05, 2014, 03:40:41 PM »

He is right here. Hello?
Please stop thinking you have unearthed some secret master plan on how this site is run. You clearly have no clue.

If something is moved to Dead Horse there's a good reason for it. Your interesting setlist talk is boring, your discussion about 2002 has been done, your talk about Axl not doing what you wished is old. And so on. Lighten up, they're only posts. Why so serious?

If you have any questions, please ask on the correct board instead of constantly having the need to litter every thread with your off topic nonsense.
Thank you.

Man, you're feisty today.  All worked up.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2692 on: December 05, 2014, 03:50:49 PM »

In my mind, the digital sales have taken over for the physical sales (don't know if that true though..  Huh). If that's the case, hasn't it become a lesser market for music as gifts - for the holiday season?

Yes, that's why when you sell less cds or vinyls, it's more important to release it in time for the holidays... Gifting an album on iTunes doesn't make a nice thing to put under the tree (or wherever your presents go).

He is right here. Hello?

Thank you.

/jarmo

Here in Canada it is really impossible to find a store with a album/cd/record section.    Sure there is Walmart/bestbuy.  But they suck.   There selection really sucks.   That's why if you actually get a gift for Christmas.   That is a album/cd/record, I actually think it means more/something as they are impossible to find and take way more though and effort than a gift certificate

In regardless to the dead horse banter that goes on in thread I try and limit that in regards to speculation over the next album.  It does seem that there is a lot of banter though in this thread that seems pretty personal and more suited for personal messages than out in public.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2693 on: December 05, 2014, 03:52:52 PM »

Here in Canada it is really impossible to find a store with a album/cd/record section.    Sure there is Walmart/bestbuy.  But they suck.   There selection really sucks.   That's why if you actually get a gift for Christmas.   That is a album/cd/record, I actually think it means more/something as they are impossible to find and take way more though and effort than a gift certificate

Its the same here.  My 2 local malls don't even have a place anymore.  It sucks.

In regardless to the dead horse banter that goes on in thread I try and limit that in regards to speculation over the next album.  It does seem that there is a lot of banter though in this thread that seems pretty personal and more suited for personal messages than out in public.

Ah, but then who would see them?  What's the good of dressing someone down in private?  No audience to play to.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2694 on: December 05, 2014, 03:58:05 PM »

Its the same here.  My 2 local malls don't even have a place anymore.  It sucks.

Ah, but then who would see them?  What's the good of dressing someone down in private?  No audience to play to.

Oh when I grew up there was tons of record stores.   In malls and independent.    Kinda miss them, but I am old and think everything was better back in the day.   I miss arcades as well haha. 

Back to the new album speculation.   I am curious as to what Chris pittmans role will be on it.  Did we have much of a influence on Cd?   Mb more than we know
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2695 on: December 05, 2014, 03:58:15 PM »

Actual stores selling albums are becoming rare. But i think a lot of people are using places like Amazon to buy cds and vinyls.

Man, you're feisty today.  All worked up.

The usual from you. You talk shit and act like it's all a joke.
The fact that you post this shit as it's some kind of facts you have figured out is somewhat creepy, but also flattering.

It's safe to say that you know close to nothing about how this site operates or what motivates me. So, why not stop while you still have some kind of virtual dignity left to show off to your cyber buddies.....

Any other issues you have with me, or this site, send me a message and I'll get back to you. No need to post about it in every other thread and get all defensive once I reply.
Mmkay?  ok

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 03:59:50 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2696 on: December 05, 2014, 03:59:56 PM »

Oh when I grew up there was tons of record stores.   In malls and independent.    Kinda miss them, but I am old and think everything was better back in the day.   I miss arcades as well haha. 

I miss' em big time.  I could spend a half hour in a record store.  Book store too.

These days, the only things in malls are places to eat.  Amazon killed all those places, unfortunately.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2697 on: December 05, 2014, 04:01:50 PM »

Any other issues you have with me, or this site, send me a message and I'll get back to you. No need to post about it in every other thread and get all defensive once I reply.
Mmkay?  ok

I have no issues with you, my man.  I know precisely what I'm dealing with.

I'm obviously making the best of it, as I've been here over a year now.  Ain't no thing.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 04:03:54 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2698 on: December 05, 2014, 04:06:48 PM »

Your empty words mean nothing. You brought up your own personal theory about this site earlier in this very thread. Since you have no issues, I expect none of that in the future.

You shit on the floor and someone will ask why you don't use the bathroom like the rest of us.  ok

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2699 on: December 05, 2014, 04:10:10 PM »

To be perfectly honest, I would never expect you to even answer a PM I sent you since you seem to think so little of me.

You've also never sent me one in 14 month's time.  Its always been very public, in front of the peeps.  I was under the impression that's what you preferred.

If that has changed, we'll do the PM thing.  Less of an audience to impress, but maybe you and I can form a better connection.

Let's move on, hmmm?  Onward and upward.

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: