Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:58:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1568524 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2740 on: December 07, 2014, 08:08:41 PM »

ok

I'm  truly curious when the new album will be released. I know DJ mentioned GNR will be touring in 2015, and I'm  wondering whether they will preview new songs on tour as in 1991preceding the release of the Illusions, and 2001, 2006 and leading up to Chidem's release in 2008, or whether the actual release will be the first time the songs are heard. Considering the immediacy factor,and the people that throw stuff up on youtube the instant it happens, I could see the reason for wanting the first impact to be from a release.

It is all very exciting, I can't wait to get the next bit of information from GNR! love
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 08:13:06 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2741 on: December 07, 2014, 08:10:02 PM »

ok

I'm  truly curious when the new album will be released. I know DJ mentioned GNR will be touring in 2015, and I'm  wondering whether they will preview new songs on tour as in 1991 and 2001, 2006 and leading up to the release in 2008.

It is all very exciting, I can't wait to get the next bit of information from GNR! love

If I got to "buy a square", i'd buy may or august.  Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2742 on: December 07, 2014, 08:20:17 PM »

ok

I'm  truly curious when the new album will be released. I know DJ mentioned GNR will be touring in 2015, and I'm  wondering whether they will preview new songs on tour as in 1991 and 2001, 2006 and leading up to the release in 2008.

Interesting -

I ordered the latest DVD-blu-ray release on internet, but actually visited record stores to purchase AFD, Lies, UYI's and Chidem, it was part of the experience, like attending the shows.

Now, with so very many stores, and chains that sold music closed, it will be a bit of a different experience.

Will still attend shows though, so I'm not complaining.  beer
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 08:22:42 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
mortismurphy
« Reply #2743 on: December 07, 2014, 08:26:03 PM »

This has absolutely nothing in relation to what I wrote!! I did not even say I ''own a piece of the Internet''!!

Why would you bring this up if you don't believe in any of it?

There is even an argument made by certain legal experts that ''we each own a piece of the internet the minute we log on and begin posting'' .

Something I have noticed about you in these arguments Jarmo. It is worse than Straw Man (who is a permanent guest at the banquet): you actually lie.

Something I have noticed about you is that you always fail to answer simple questions. Predictable!
Which also makes it very difficult to take anything you say seriously.

I don't lie. So wrong again.

If you want to continue the discussion about whether or not you own a piece of the Internet, please do so here: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=10.0
Thanks.

/jarmo

Okay, fair enough. Done.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=66065.new#new
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2744 on: December 07, 2014, 08:26:13 PM »

ok

Interesting -

I ordered the latest DVD-blu-ray release on internet, but actually visited record stores to purchase AFD,Lies,UYI's and Chidem, it was part of the experience, like attending the shows.

Now, with so very many stores, and chains that sold music closed, it will be a bit of a different experience.

I've bought them all retail, too..including my vinyl copy of chidem (bb obviously).

Bought the vegas blu ray from amazon.

I will, for sure, buy a physical copy of the next disc, assumng there is one...but probably via amazon with release date shipping via prime. Mostly because f their digital match service, giving me instant access to a digital copy of the album, too.

The times, they are a changin'!

Together again,
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #2745 on: December 07, 2014, 09:03:08 PM »

I was pleasantly surprised that there is a FYE, music store in a mall near me here in NY, when I thought they were all gone. Got a copy of the Blue Ray there. And they have all the GNR releases. I was like a kid in a candy store when I took my 10 yr old nephew into the store.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2746 on: December 07, 2014, 09:31:02 PM »

I would rather go all digital. Just easier to keep track of and less messy.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2747 on: December 07, 2014, 09:41:59 PM »

I was pleasantly surprised that there is a FYE, music store in a mall near me here in NY, when I thought they were all gone. Got a copy of the Blue Ray there. And they have all the GNR releases. I was like a kid in a candy store when I took my 10 yr old nephew into the store.

They are still around. I have a friend who is an exec buyer for that chain.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2748 on: December 08, 2014, 07:28:33 AM »

I like having the physical disk, too.  That's not true of all my music, anymore...but there are things I just want to have the disk for.  For both quality and posterity reasons (and yes, I hear a difference between most digital music and that streamed directly off CD...especially on my home music system, and especially with rock).

That's one of the reasons I use amazon, now, for a lot of my disk buys.  Getting the digital copy included (is that just for Prime members? Or everyone? IDK..) makes it easier to deal with.  I don't have to rip and upload to my itunes cloud....just saves a step.

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2749 on: December 08, 2014, 07:55:54 AM »

I like having the physical disk, too.  That's not true of all my music, anymore...but there are things I just want to have the disk for.  For both quality and posterity reasons (and yes, I hear a difference between most digital music and that streamed directly off CD...especially on my home music system, and especially with rock).

That's one of the reasons I use amazon, now, for a lot of my disk buys.  Getting the digital copy included (is that just for Prime members? Or everyone? IDK..) makes it easier to deal with.  I don't have to rip and upload to my itunes cloud....just saves a step.

I agree with ya on the physical CD's. Also it is nice to have a hard copy of the music collection in case the PC dies.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2750 on: December 08, 2014, 10:27:15 AM »

I lost a ton of music to a computer crash....was not happy!  Cry

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2751 on: December 08, 2014, 10:31:52 AM »

I lost a ton of music to a computer crash....was not happy!  Cry

The cloud is your friend (for music, not for "private" pictures you don't want anyone to see)!

And/or archive the files to an external disk (CD, blu-ray), or solid state memory (external hard drive, usb drive, etc).

Together again,
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2752 on: December 08, 2014, 10:33:49 AM »

ok

I'm  truly curious when the new album will be released. I know DJ mentioned GNR will be touring in 2015, and I'm  wondering whether they will preview new songs on tour as in 1991preceding the release of the Illusions, and 2001, 2006 and leading up to Chidem's release in 2008, or whether the actual release will be the first time the songs are heard. Considering the immediacy factor,and the people that throw stuff up on youtube the instant it happens, I could see the reason for wanting the first impact to be from a release.

I don't think we will get any new songs live until the album or single is released. I agree with that actually. We may get Going Down since it leaked....would actually be a good song for Tommy to sing instead of Motivation.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2753 on: December 08, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »

ok

I don't think we will get any new songs live until the album or single is released. I agree with that actually. We may get Going Down since it leaked....would actually be a good song for Tommy to sing instead of Motivation.

I would think they've rehearsed it and contemplated playing it on the recent tours since it's been on the setlists. It's been on the setlists since before the leak as well, so that may go against the idea of them not considering to play new material before the release.

But, for all we know it's not even a song that'll appear on the next album, but rather a B-side.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2754 on: December 08, 2014, 11:41:46 AM »

I dig that one.  Catchy tune.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2755 on: December 08, 2014, 11:45:32 AM »

Damn you for your siggie.

The kids watched the movie this weekend, and I thought I'd JUST gotten that song out of my head.....

:p

Together again,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2756 on: December 08, 2014, 11:49:41 AM »

The question is, how do you prefer to hear something new? In concert you're attending, a Youtube clip of a live performance or a studio version on the radio/online stream?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2757 on: December 08, 2014, 11:50:05 AM »

Damn you for your siggie.

The kids watched the movie this weekend, and I thought I'd JUST gotten that song out of my head.....

:p

Hahahaha

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2758 on: December 08, 2014, 11:52:02 AM »

The question is, how do you prefer to hear something new? In concert you're attending, a Youtube clip of a live performance or a studio version on the radio/online stream?

ASAP is the most important thing.

I played the shit out of the new songs from RIR III, which I got as soon as I could.  So much so, they are still probably my favorite versions of them.

But...I think that might be a double edged sword to a live performance being the first thing you hear.  That is what you get used to.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2759 on: December 08, 2014, 11:57:05 AM »

/jarmo

I'm partial to the live versions, first (either live/live or via concert clip).  For me, it builds anticipation for the studio version.  I LOVED listening to some of the live stuff pre-CD release, and couldn't wait to see what they did with them in the studio.  They function almost like teaser trailers for me.

And....omg...hearing Rhiad studio the first time was a complete mind fuck (in a good way)!

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: