Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:12:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Saw BH tonight...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saw BH tonight...  (Read 5197 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« on: April 14, 2005, 12:30:29 AM »

...very interesting show, opened for some group called Galactica.?

He comes out by himself, no band, just backing tracks.? White Les Paul, burgundy warm up suit, rubber chicken on a stack.? Great theatre for sure.? Goes through the whole schtick,robot dancing, nunchucks, Herbie, handing out presents, et al.? It was brilliant.

Oh ya, he can play a bit too.? I've scene a ton of the virtuoso types over the years.? Satriani, EVH, Hoey, Stephens, Vai.? BH was right there with all of them, I didn't recognize too much of his set but it was very entertaining.

The best part of the whole thing was beforehand.? Hanging out by the side of the venue beforehand with a buddy who works security, just shooting the breeze.? A van pulls up about 20-30 feet from where we're standing, BH and some dude with glasses hop out, he's in full BH gear carrying some doll.? I'm obviously surprised, we kind of acknowledge them with a goofy wave and BH proceeds to whip out Herbie, says what we think is "Hello" in some whacked out voice and strolls into the side door of venue.

Very surreal.

I've got some great pics, if someone will instruct me how to post I'd be happy to do so.

Anyway, go see him if you get the chance.? It's a fun show.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 08:20:16 PM »

...very interesting show, opened for some group called Galactica. 

He comes out by himself, no band, just backing tracks.  White Les Paul, burgundy warm up suit, rubber chicken on a stack.  Great theatre for sure.  Goes through the whole schtick,robot dancing, nunchucks, Herbie, handing out presents, et al.  It was brilliant.

Oh ya, he can play a bit too.  I've scene a ton of the virtuoso types over the years.  Satriani, EVH, Hoey, Stephens, Vai.  BH was right there with all of them, I didn't recognize too much of his set but it was very entertaining.

The best part of the whole thing was beforehand.  Hanging out by the side of the venue beforehand with a buddy who works security, just shooting the breeze.  A van pulls up about 20-30 feet from where we're standing, BH and some dude with glasses hop out, he's in full BH gear carrying some doll.  I'm obviously surprised, we kind of acknowledge them with a goofy wave and BH proceeds to whip out Herbie, says what we think is "Hello" in some whacked out voice and strolls into the side door of venue.

Very surreal.

I've got some great pics, if someone will instruct me how to post I'd be happy to do so.

Anyway, go see him if you get the chance.  It's a fun show.

glad you had fun man. I think I remember you werent much of a fan of his playing and "stage presence" some time ago? (if I'm mistaking you for someone else correct me please) hopefully the performance has shown you theres more to bucket then what people saw on the 2002 tour.

I'd love to see those pictures!!

Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 10:09:15 PM »

Thanks for the BH review and update.  I have a few of his cds... but none since he left GnR, but that is a whole other story Smiley  I am glad that you enjoyed the show Smiley
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 10:25:03 PM »

glad you had fun man. I think I remember you werent much of a fan of his playing and "stage presence" some time ago? (if I'm mistaking you for someone else correct me please) hopefully the performance has shown you theres more to bucket then what people saw on the 2002 tour.

I'd love to see those pictures!!

I've always been down with Bucket's schtick, long before he was in GNR. ?I'm just not a fan of the virtuoso type in the parameters of a group dynamic, it usually just doesn't work. ?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pviljoen
VIP

Slash is saucy.

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 07:34:58 PM »

...very interesting show, opened for some group called Galactica.?

He comes out by himself, no band, just backing tracks.? White Les Paul, burgundy warm up suit, rubber chicken on a stack.? Great theatre for sure.? Goes through the whole schtick,robot dancing, nunchucks, Herbie, handing out presents, et al.? It was brilliant.

Oh ya, he can play a bit too.? I've scene a ton of the virtuoso types over the years.? Satriani, EVH, Hoey, Stephens, Vai.? BH was right there with all of them, I didn't recognize too much of his set but it was very entertaining.

The best part of the whole thing was beforehand.? Hanging out by the side of the venue beforehand with a buddy who works security, just shooting the breeze.? A van pulls up about 20-30 feet from where we're standing, BH and some dude with glasses hop out, he's in full BH gear carrying some doll.? I'm obviously surprised, we kind of acknowledge them with a goofy wave and BH proceeds to whip out Herbie, says what we think is "Hello" in some whacked out voice and strolls into the side door of venue.

Very surreal.

Anyway, go see him if you get the chance.? It's a fun show.

I'd probably piss myself if I heard him "talk" to me.
madagas
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 10:36:05 AM »

Nice. hihi Regardless of his status with Gnr, the guy is quite a character. I will pay to see him anytime he is in my town. Falcon, you need to see him in more of an improv band situation-like with CCBBB. That album was terrible but the show was phenomenal. Bucket was perfect and the songs really flowed together well. Bucket and Brain are really tremendous together. That Herbie thing just cracks me up. How do you respond to a 6'6 dude with a chicken bucket on his head and a doll in his hand? rofl Me thinks our little chicken boy ain't afraid of a little acid!
usurper
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 03:19:01 PM »

Buckethead or "Brian" has never used drugs.....
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 03:42:07 PM »

Buckethead or "Brian" has never used drugs.....

Not sure about that, that dude's definitely 'out there. 

I'm guessing some Prozac has been perscribed.  Obviously not used but perscribed for sure... hihi

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 09:39:40 PM »

All of Big B's friends and bandmates have been very vocal about Bucket being VERY straightedged and NEVER using drugs.  ok

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 10:10:41 PM »

All of Big B's friends and bandmates have been very vocal about Bucket being VERY straightedged and NEVER using drugs.? ok

If he's that way on his own, good for him

A definate original.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2005, 03:57:52 PM »

A definate original.

exactly.  ok

Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2005, 06:18:59 PM »

it's great to know that all his creativity comes from a clear mind.
sometimes there are too many drugs in this music world for me.
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2005, 05:29:46 PM »

yeah it's refreshing to see a talented rocker not on drugs

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: