Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 06:10:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Adler's Appetite To Possibly Re-Record A Guns N' Roses Album
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler's Appetite To Possibly Re-Record A Guns N' Roses Album  (Read 6474 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: June 03, 2011, 12:03:57 PM »

Steven Adler and Chip are asked about a GN'R reunion in the interview clip from June 1st at the Buzz Lounge in Crystal Lake IL.

Steven Adler and Chip Z'nuff on Matt Kissane Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ix-TnMasnQ

And from an interview today:

Famed drummer rocks Torge?s

June 3, 2011

But like any band, Adler?s Appetite?s members don?t want to live the rest of their lives on the road.

Chip and Adler said there is a new album in the future, of which they plan to record after the tour is complete.

?We?re still hungry,? Adler said.

The band has hopes all the touring will get people excited about an album. After they produce an album, and possibly re-record a Guns N? Roses album, they hope to start playing some bigger venues.

?Now it?s time to take that next step,? Chip said.

http://www.austindailyherald.com/2011/06/03/famed-drummer-rocks-torge%E2%80%99s/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 01:47:16 PM »

sounds like a good one to miss..
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 05:15:03 AM »

Fucking hell... if there's ever a time for Axl to flex his legal muscle, it would be if Steven Adler decides to re-record a Guns N' Roses album...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 02:48:27 PM »

Steven Adler and Chip Z'nuff on Matt Kissane Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ix-TnMasnQ

This is what Steven says in the interview:

During a recent interview on the "Matt Kissane Show", ADLER'S APPETITE members Steven Adler (also ex-GUNS N' ROSES) and Chip Z'Nuff (also of ENUFF Z'NUFF) were asked about the possibility of a reunion of GUNS N' ROSES' classic lineup.

"I always say, as long as the five of us are alive, it could happen, but now I'm gonna turn that around and say, as long as God is alive, I think it will happen," Adler replied. He continued, "And the most important thing is GN'R owes it to the fans to do a reunion tour."

Added Chip: "Steven still has a great relationship with all the guys in [GUNS N' ROSES]. Everybody's working and so they've all got their chops up. Axl's [Rose] doing his thing, Duff's [McKagan] got LOADED, they're doing great on tour, his record's doing well, Slash is out on tour, Izzy's [Stradlin] hidden somewhere in Indiana recording another record. Everybody's healthy. Anything could happen. Right now our focus is ADLER'S APPETITE and getting these songs out there and reaching the people. The people aren't gonna go away. GUNS N' ROSES is one of the biggest bands ever. Their records sold over a 100 million units; no one sells records like that anymore. The fans are gonna be out there waiting. And they owe it to the fans to get back together again. I'm not in GUNS N' ROSES, I'm not gonna speak for them except to say they make great music and I'd like to see them out there again, too."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=158982

Fucking hell... if there's ever a time for Axl to flex his legal muscle, it would be if Steven Adler decides to re-record a Guns N' Roses album...

How does that all work.  I thought Slash said in an interview that he couldn't re-record GNR songs -- but then he did Paradise City?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 03:57:21 PM »

Why on Earth would they re-record a GNR album? I'm assuming it would be Appetite. What a giant waste of time and money!

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 05:14:48 AM »

I don't think this will happen. It could be done as a personal project just for the craic but it couldn't be SOLD to the public. Axl wouldn't allow that and I don't think fans would want it.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 05:45:57 AM »

How does that all work.  I thought Slash said in an interview that he couldn't re-record GNR songs -- but then he did Paradise City?

It all depends on who owns the publishing rights to the songs. I think with Appetite and Lies, Axl, Slash and Duff hold equal share (Izzy and Steven used to as well, but they lost it after departing from the band), so they can do what they like with them. But with the tracks for UYI, they only hold publishing rights proportionate to their writing credits on specific songs. This would mean Steven needing permission from Axl, Slash and Duff to release a re-recording of the album he's most likely to re-record. I don't really see any of them saying yes to that.

I think that's the case, anyway. As with everything in the GN'R world, I could be mistaken.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 07:21:50 AM »

stop the drugs Steven

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 11:21:14 AM »

It all depends on who owns the publishing rights to the songs. I think with Appetite and Lies, Axl, Slash and Duff hold equal share (Izzy and Steven used to as well, but they lost it after departing from the band), so they can do what they like with them. But with the tracks for UYI, they only hold publishing rights proportionate to their writing credits on specific songs. This would mean Steven needing permission from Axl, Slash and Duff to release a re-recording of the album he's most likely to re-record. I don't really see any of them saying yes to that.

I think that's the case, anyway. As with everything in the GN'R world, I could be mistaken.

http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm?requesttimeout=300&mode=results&searchstr=GUNS%20N%20ROSES&search_in=a&search_type=exact&search_det=tswpbv&results_pp=30&start=1

Check out that link to ASCAP. It shows Axl, Izzy, Duff, and Slash having publishing on most of the UYI stuff. Steven and Izzy are still on Appetite publishing too.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 11:35:09 AM »

http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm?requesttimeout=300&mode=results&searchstr=GUNS%20N%20ROSES&search_in=a&search_type=exact&search_det=tswpbv&results_pp=30&start=1

Check out that link to ASCAP. It shows Axl, Izzy, Duff, and Slash having publishing on most of the UYI stuff. Steven and Izzy are still on Appetite publishing too.

They're listed as writers, not publishers. With the publishing rights, the only thing you can tell for sure is that Axl owns part of all of them, because he owns Black Frog... the rest is split up between other publishing company's.

EDIT: Also, Guns N' Roses Music is the publishing company set up by the band that I think is co-owned by Axl, Slash and Duff.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 11:37:10 AM by AxlReznor » Logged
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 01:04:55 PM »

They're listed as writers, not publishers. With the publishing rights, the only thing you can tell for sure is that Axl owns part of all of them, because he owns Black Frog... the rest is split up between other publishing company's.

EDIT: Also, Guns N' Roses Music is the publishing company set up by the band that I think is co-owned by Axl, Slash and Duff.

I think you're right about all that. But I don't think Izzy and Steven would lose all of their publishing royalties on the old stuff from leaving. Isn't that what Steven sued for? To get paid what he was owed from the time they fired him?

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 02:21:22 PM »

Anyone can re-record albums and release them as far as I know. That's why tribute albums can be sold. They would just have to pay royalties for every album sold as far as I know.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 02:24:18 PM »

hey! i could start downloading music now

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 05:41:47 PM »

wouldn't it be great if he re-records CD?!  Tongue

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 03:39:23 AM »

reading they do list "White Christmas" as being performed by GN'R i wonder how reliable is that link in the first place?

Re-Union time, baby!!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 10:38:28 AM »

reading they do list "White Christmas" as being performed by GN'R i wonder how reliable is that link in the first place?

That is the official ASCAP site though. Does anyone know anything about GNR doing White Christmas somewhere?

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 11:06:33 AM »

I for one would love Adler's Appetite to re-record a GNR album.  Think about it, that will give us all SOOO much material to make fun of Steven for years to come.  It would be hysterical!!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 01:12:52 PM »

This is a perfect example of how different Axl and Steven are...

Steven is just stuck in 1987, and it's not surprising why, seeing as that's when he was probably at his happiest with the success of Appetite. I don't hate Steven, God bless him, he is just someone who can't let go of the past.

And why would his Adler's Appetite bandmates, try to argue against him, even they must know that Stevens association with GN'R is what sells their tickets every night.  yes
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: