Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:06:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  ADLER: Entire 'Back From The Dead' Album Available For Streaming
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ADLER: Entire 'Back From The Dead' Album Available For Streaming  (Read 3250 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: November 21, 2012, 08:53:26 AM »

ADLER: Entire 'Back From The Dead' Album Available For Streaming - Nov. 21, 2012

"Back From The Dead", the debut album from ADLER, the new band led by former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler, is available for streaming in its entirety at RollingStone.com. Due in North America on November 26 via New Ocean Media, the CD was recorded in Los Angeles with producer Jeff Pilson (FOREIGNER, DOKKEN) and was mixed by Jay Ruston (ANTHRAX, STONE SOUR). The effort consists of 11 tracks, ranging from adrenaline-pumping rockers ("Back From The Dead", "Own Worst Enemy", "Another Version Of The Truth") to arena-rock anthems ("Good To Be Bad", "Blown Away") to powerful, heartfelt ballads ("Waterfall", "Just Don't Ask"). The album features guest appearances by Adler's former GUNS N' ROSES bandmate Slash and ROB ZOMBIE/ex-MARILYN MANSON guitarist John 5.

Audio here: http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/player/adler.html

"Back From The Dead" track listing:

01. Back From The Dead
02. Own Worst Enemy
03. Another Version Of The Truth
04. The One That You Hated
05. Good To Be Bad (featuring John 5)
06. Just Don't Ask (featuring Slash)
07. Blown Away
08. Waterfall
09. Habit
10. Your Diamonds
11. Dead Wrong

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=182577

« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 09:22:39 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 10:07:04 AM »

Stream
http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/player/adler.html

on first listen the album is alright. One that you hated best song.

I will and get the record at the show for $12. Not $18
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 11:35:42 AM »

Steven Adler Shares His Joy on 'Back From the Dead' - Album Premiere

'I'm just a bundle of excitement, ready to explode,' says the drummer

Steven Adler is finally over Guns N' Roses. After Axl Rose's no-show at the group's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction earlier this year, Adler realized it was time to move forward with his life. He broke apart Adler's Appetite, a group devoted almost entirely to playing old Guns N' Roses songs, and decided it was time to make new music. He put together Adler, a new band featuring vocalist Jacob Bunton, guitarist Lonny Paul and bassist Johnny Martin. Check out an exclusive preview of their new LP Back From the Dead above.

The song "Just Don't Ask" features Slash on guitar. "It was like a dream come true," Adler tells Rolling Stone. "I got to the point where I was able to make a new record and Slash was proud of me for how I've taken care of myself. The negative crap from GnR was in the past and we were living for today and in the future. It felt great. I couldn't be happier."

The group plans to tour for much of the next year, and there's even talk of some South American dates with his former GnR bandmate Duff McKagan's new band, Loaded. "We had so much fun making this record," says Adler. "I'm so glad to be alive. I'm just a bundle of excitement, ready to explode? My goal is to take this band into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 25 years. I want to be part of a team, like the Rolling Stones, Aerosmith or Rush. Those guys are buddies and they love making music together. It's cool to be part of a gang."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/steven-adler-shares-his-joy-in-new-album-back-from-the-dead-premiere-20121121

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 11:51:14 AM »

He obviously hasn't been paying too much attention to all of drama in the Stones and Aerosmith in recent years. Wink
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 12:38:45 PM »

Wow, the "Just Don't Ask" rif sounds so much like Cemetary Gates by Pantera. 
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 01:03:14 PM »

Finally able to get around to listening to this. Only on track 1 at the moment, but I'm shocked at how awful it isn't. If it's mostly like this, I might even have to buy it.

EDIT: Oh well... it took a sudden nosedive as soon as the far-too-80's backing vocals to Own Worst Enemy kicked in. Undecided
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 01:17:18 PM by AxlReznor » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: