Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:55:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227960 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses nominated for Band of the Year at Classic Rock Roll of Honour 2014
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses nominated for Band of the Year at Classic Rock Roll of Honour 2014  (Read 7193 times)
mortismurphy
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 01:36:56 PM »

So it's obvious "Band of the Year" isn't album of the year.

Time to drop that grievance and try to be positive about the nomination now. Too much to ask?

/jarmo

No grievance exists. I merely voted for someone other than Guns N' Roses because I believe they have had a superior year to Guns N' Roses. You have to remember, the bands that have released albums (Sabbath and the Black Keys) are playing live also, except, they are doing so in support of a new album.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 02:32:53 PM »

Hey I voted (for Guns n Roses in case that wasn't obvious).  Is that positive enough?  ok

Yes it is!  beer

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2014, 12:40:06 PM »

Still time to vote for GN'R all you positive people out there!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2014, 05:17:13 PM »

Yet I am sure all the 'positive people' on Metallica's forum will be voting for Metallica and all the positive fans of Maiden will be voting for Maiden. What then is the point in these polls if everyone is simply voting in mindless fan blocs? I personally voted for the band who I thought, most deserved it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 09:15:07 AM »

Usually the positive fans want "their" band to succeed. That's what I read on the Internet, so it must be true.

If that's the case, wouldn't it mean they'd vote for their band in polls such as this one?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2014, 09:42:15 AM »

I rather agree with Jarmo.

Truth be told, I tend to vote for my favorites.  I'm a huge Roger Federer fan.  And before every Grand Slam, ESPN puts up a poll on a winner.  And I vote for Roger, almost regardless.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
mortismurphy
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2014, 10:05:48 AM »

Yes but ''band of the year'' is the title of the poll, not ''favourite band ever''. Also, by fans from the forums bloc voting for their favourites, it renders the outcome somewhat invalid. The outcome merely reflects the number and persistency of each respective fan base, not a true reflection on, who has had, the best year.
mortismurphy
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2014, 10:10:51 AM »

Truth be told, I tend to vote for my favorites.  I'm a huge Roger Federer fan.  And before every Grand Slam, ESPN puts up a poll on a winner.  And I vote for Roger, almost regardless.

But could you vote for Roger in a poll, ''tennis player of the year'', if he was low in the seedings and ended the year without a grand slam to his credit? 
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2014, 10:49:45 AM »

But could you vote for Roger in a poll, ''tennis player of the year'', if he was low in the seedings and ended the year without a grand slam to his credit? 

Hmm, that's a good point.

For that one, I do vote for the guy that truly had the best year overall.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2014, 11:45:21 AM »

Yes but ''band of the year'' is the title of the poll, not ''favourite band ever''. Also, by fans from the forums bloc voting for their favourites, it renders the outcome somewhat invalid. The outcome merely reflects the number and persistency of each respective fan base, not a true reflection on, who has had, the best year.

Most of these polls are just cases of which artist has the most active fans.

Somebody decided GN'R was worthy of being nominated, so therefore it's safe to assume it's ok to vote for them without having to feel guilty about it.  ok

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2014, 02:48:15 PM »

Well, I took the poll in its literal sense, 'band of the year', and voted who I feel (from that list) are, band of the year.
santiago-gnr
Rocker

Bucher

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2014, 12:56:38 PM »

The event is today?
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2014, 04:04:11 PM »

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2014-11-05/liveblog-the-classic-rock-roll-of-honour-awards

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2014, 04:13:19 PM »

Congrats to Queen and Adam Lambert for winning Band Of The Year.

Thanks to everybody who voted for our band, GN'R!  ok

/jarmo

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: