Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:10:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [FAKE: NOT GN'R!] TWAT orchestration is 100% real.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [FAKE: NOT GN'R!] TWAT orchestration is 100% real.  (Read 29362 times)
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2005, 04:56:12 PM »

Just because you think it's the same thing doesn't make it proof.

Many people thought "My Favorite Pillow" was a GN'R track....

/jarmo

You are right about that. Maybe Axl played some chords of his favourite video game  Tongue

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2005, 04:58:53 PM »

Its either Axl, or someone that knew to match the piano solos so that it would compare to past material.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2005, 04:59:26 PM »

Saul, I think this is just a layer of a song. Put some drums and guitars on top of it, I bet it will sound alot more like a Guns song. Plus this is supposed to be a very heavy track, I don't know if axl has written something as emotionally truthful as this, outside of the mysterious This I Love track.

is it proof? Well, I really think those tracks sound alot.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2005, 05:23:34 PM »

Hey!
Be carefull with saying anything is 100%real! U know how many songs in the world who includes the chords G - D - C for an excample!
But yeah, is sounds simular

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2005, 05:28:12 PM »

Yeah.. that's a good point.  It's just going down a scale, with one or two other notes being played for each chord.  It's not like this is a particularly unique piece of music (this part of the song, anyway).  I asked my roommate, who is a music major, to give it a listen and tell me if he thinks those notes or the semitones between them are common enough that it could just be a coincidence.  Hopefully he'll shoot me a response soon.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2005, 05:32:36 PM »

For fuck's sake I'm desperate to hear a live studio track, start to finish, solos, vocals the works

Doesn't anyone think its sad that we've reached the point of debating and technically analysing the authenticity of a scrap of what may or may not be GNR? Especially when there's probably hundreds of hours worth of riffs, synth music, sound effects and buckethead solos lying around somewhere?

I just hope that anyone connected with GNR who maybe reading this site actually pities us as opposed to laughing at our expense.

Rant over.

Here today...ready to rock
SLCPUNK
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2005, 05:32:59 PM »

Wait a minute...

GnR doesn't sing "my favorite pillow"Huh??

hihi
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2005, 05:34:15 PM »

I would say Estranged was a heavy song, if by heavy, you mean deep and emotional. Estraged was very melodic and beautiful instrumentally as well.

This music though if real, is boring comparitivly. When I heard TWAT being discussed in the past, it sounded like it would be powerful. For the sake of arguing, let's say that it is, and let's say that it is the deepest GNR track yet. Then whats that say about the Blues? The Blues is cool, but I imagine its along the same lines. This seems a little cheese. 2 slow emotional ballads on one single album serving the same purpose. I dig Madagascar but that is also an emotionally deep, but slow track. Why is CD going to be home for this? I liked hearing that CD was going to be closer to Appetite then what people would expect.

I don't want half of my precious CD being filled with slower tracks. I hoped CD would kick everyone, the fans and the doubters, in the balls. I hope Rhiad wasnt bumped off the tracklist to make room for another ballad. And musically, if this is real, TWAT couldnt sound any puffier to me. Damn, I need some good GNR news soon. Between the silence and this rumored leak (that just sounds gay), this is again some dark times.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2005, 05:35:58 PM »

Does sound similar.... food for thought I guess

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2005, 05:47:48 PM »

Wow because these two sound the same it means it was be twat.
Well did the beatles write hair of the dog because the riff sounds a lot like day tripper?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2005, 05:49:55 PM »

BTW if someone was gonna fake this, you dont think the would use a old song from the UYI tour? Hell I could redo that piano thing on the making of estranged vid on my computer and call it a demo of this i love, does it mean its true? NO. OH one more thing if this was legit, you really dont think Axl would have a cease and disist order to take it off the net by now?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2005, 05:52:48 PM »

I don't want half of my precious CD....

my precious CD?
haha!
*in voice of golum* ?my precious... my preeeciouuuus

Grin

whatever is going to be on it - its safe to assume it'll be Axl's precious! ?Wink
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2005, 06:32:02 PM »

I must say they do sound close but that remains to be seen

EEEERRRR Little boy
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2005, 06:44:17 PM »

when was the piano clip taken from... the UYI tour?

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Sino-lieS
Headliner

"...Just another day in Hell..."

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2005, 06:50:40 PM »

I know this may seem off the wall (but in the GnR world nothing suprises me), but the first minute and 10 seconds seems very similar to Apocalypse Now Special Edition. The part of the movie is where Sheen is at the French colony with that young French widow.

I haven't seen it in a while...but it seemed somewhat familiar. Anyone recall this part? I have the movie somewhere and will check it out tonight. Its probably not..but who knows?   Huh

"You'll see it. I don't know if SOON is the word."
" ...just another day in Hell... "
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2005, 06:56:25 PM »

Good reaserch but im still not positive and dont really care because i wanan hear the real thing off the album

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2005, 06:59:54 PM »

OH one more thing if this was legit, you really dont think Axl would have a cease and disist order to take it off the net by now?

to whom would he send that, Jarmo eh or the guy in serbia which of course threw in his address while posting this?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2005, 07:11:39 PM »

Couple things:

It's not orchestrated.  Except for the first 1:13, it's entirely synthed. Orchestration would imply there were mutliple instruments being played.  There isn't.  It's one synth, laying multiple tracks. 

The first 1:13 is actually 2 tracks (at least).  One is a "clean" piano track, the other is synth's.  I THINK (but can't prove) that the piano track existed independantly, at one point, and the synths were "added".  Whether they were clicked in by the original artist or not is a question I can't answer.

Given that Merck has supposedly said it's bogus, and given it sounds very much like a piece either "inspired" by the original piano loop OR created for electronic use (thus the synths and digitization, which compress better than "live" loops), I choose to believe it's fake.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Sino-lieS
Headliner

"...Just another day in Hell..."

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2005, 07:17:02 PM »

I listenned to the Apocalypse Now section. It is synth's and is 'somewhat' similar to the first minute and 10 seconds. 
I doubt there is a connection. Its weird actually, I remember so many parts of music from movies etc.   Shocked

"You'll see it. I don't know if SOON is the word."
" ...just another day in Hell... "
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2005, 07:17:18 PM »

I agree it is fake - but at least we have something to talk about!! Well and the 80's survivor was funny today too.....

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: