Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 11:26:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Has anyone ever gotten Axl autograph?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Has anyone ever gotten Axl autograph?  (Read 8461 times)
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2005, 05:19:29 PM »

I wouldn't trust something like asignature from internet, I want the person himself/herself to sign the CD, Movies, photograph, t-shirt whatever!!
I hope one day i could get one from the real Axl  yes

No man can be my equal
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2005, 06:25:58 PM »

Yes, Id like an autograph by Stradlin himself.
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2005, 10:37:40 PM »

I sent a letter to slash and got an autographed picture back.

It says "To Ronnie, all the fucking best, c-ya, slash.  snakepit 2001.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Sterlingdog
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2005, 12:47:50 AM »

Hi Sterling,could please tell me which address your friend sent his letter?
You can send me a private message? if you like.
I really would like to do this for my friend,as he' s such a devoted fan and he's not really good these days,unfortunately.

Sorry, but I don't have it.  It just came off the internet, one of those sites where they list celebrity addresses for requesting autographs.  Like I said, there's no way to know if it was ever valid. 
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2005, 03:05:10 PM »

It says "To Ronnie, all the fucking best, c-ya, slash.? snakepit 2001.

can you give me the adress, with a PM, please.
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2005, 10:46:25 PM »

It says "To Ronnie, all the fucking best, c-ya, slash.? snakepit 2001.

can you give me the adress, with a PM, please.

No I wrote it years ago.  I got the addy off of snakepit.org tho so you can see if they still have it.  I wrote it when he wasn't doing anything.  Now that he's in VR he may not have enough time to write back.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2005, 12:02:25 AM »

hhhmmm now thats a thought......

the one an only horsey !
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2005, 02:46:40 AM »

I want 3... smoking
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2005, 04:19:06 PM »

Axl bummed a smoke off a guy I met many many years ago (before or right when AFD was released).

Furthermore, Kurt Cobain bummed a smoke off that same guy, at the same place. This all happened in Calgary, Alberta, of all places.

Pick which instance you would remember most....
Locomotive
Headliner

Anything goes

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2005, 07:09:23 PM »

my friend was going to buy a poster signed by all the original members,
but he changed his mind when it costed 300 pounds.
Got pretty pissed off when he told me that he didn't buy it...

"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2005, 07:47:19 PM »

well this is sort of off topic.
but i got my Les Paul signed by slash at a VR concert Backstage last year or so, i asked him to do the skull he had in that black Les Paul he used in Paris in 92. he signed below Slash VR '05.
how much do you think that's worth on top of the guitar's price? btw it's an epiphone Les Paul Standard with seymour duncun and schaller tunners.

PS i do have pics to proove it's not a fake. someone took pics of slash while he was signing it.
i'm not trying to get rid of the guitar, but i do have to wonder if i'd get a good deal...

Chinese Democracy!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2005, 08:45:58 PM »

A good deal man? Are you nuts?   its priceless!    ....
conny
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2005, 09:41:49 PM »

well this is sort of off topic.
but i got my Les Paul signed by slash at a VR concert Backstage last year or so, i asked him to do the skull he had in that black Les Paul he used in Paris in 92. he signed below Slash VR '05.
how much do you think that's worth on top of the guitar's price? btw it's an epiphone Les Paul Standard with seymour duncun and schaller tunners.

PS i do have pics to proove it's not a fake. someone took pics of slash while he was signing it.
i'm not trying to get rid of the guitar, but i do have to wonder if i'd get a good deal...

Ok this is off topic but well...

If you can document the autographs authencity...well, the last Les Paul signed by Slash (also with pictures to prove) went off eBay for several thousand Euros if I remember correctly. I even posted a link to that auction in the VR section, it might still be on this board if you wanna check it out the auction was not too long ago. Don't quote me on the price though, all I remember is that it was an insane amount of money. I think it was his signature modell wich is a pretty expensive guitar anyway. An autograph is one thing, but an autographed instrument is something else. To some people that is. I would never pay money for any autograph.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 09:44:04 PM by conny » Logged
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2005, 09:44:36 PM »

A girl I was dating bought me sheet music to "Live And Let Die" by Wings, signed by Axl.  She got it on Ebay.  I don't know if it's real, but it's hanging on my wall.  It's also got some Bolivia Axl stamp or something in it.  Interesting piece, now that I think about it.

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2005, 08:23:44 PM »

i have pics. i can even share 'em in here. for you guys to see.

Chinese Democracy!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2005, 11:45:41 PM »

A girl I was dating bought me sheet music to "Live And Let Die" by Wings, signed by Axl.? She got it on Ebay.? I don't know if it's real, but it's hanging on my wall.? It's also got some Bolivia Axl stamp or something in it.? Interesting piece, now that I think about it.

BOLIVIA?? Can you please show it here or at least describe it? Thanks in advance take care.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2005, 03:51:02 AM »

As a former sports autograph dealer on eBay, I greatly take offense to this statement.  Most of what I've seen on eBay is real.  Once in a while, there are fakes, but if you know EXACTLY what to look for (the problem is most don't know what to look for), you're all set.

I don't know about sports, I only look for GN'R related items. And most of what I see is absolutely laughable. Once again, I would like you to answer my question : how would you see the difference between a real signature and a well-forged one? Please enlighten us.

Sorry to bring back this dinosaur of a topic, but I didn't see the question posed to me.  There are certain elements in a signature to look for-- ink blots in wrong spots (e.g.-- other than at the beginning of a pen stroke) are a dead giveaway.  The way certain letters are curved can also be a giveaway, however it is not certain-- every signature a person writes is different.

You can never be 100% certain the autograph you get is real.  Hell, even ones you get in the mail have a good chance of being fake.  The only way you can know is to get it yourself, in person.  The best you can do when it comes to buying is to buy from reputable dealers.  I only buy from people I know or if I can verify likely authenticity by my own judgement.  I've seen some Wayne Gretzky signatures on eBay that are absolutely laughable.  Want some obvious fakes?  Check out the eBay screenname go_leafs_go!!

That being said, buy only from reputable sources if you have to buy autographs.  Get stuff done in person if you can.  Trust no more than half of what you get in the mail.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2005, 12:49:05 PM »

Hey Carlos got the stamp?

No man can be my equal
Stealthcamo
Headliner

This one's for you downloading mother fuckers.

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2005, 09:55:42 PM »

I wrote to Axl once it was for a school assignment where ypou had to write to a celebrity and ask for two autographed pics. I got the letter bck saying that the address is no longer valid or something. My teacher found a new address and sent it out again and I have yet to recieve anything back yet. An she sent it back out in October LOL hihi I'll probably get something back in Feburary... of 2010!!! LOL
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2005, 01:17:38 AM »

Hey Carlos got the stamp?

No man, honestly I dont even know what "Whatisitman" is talking about and he hasnt replied either.  What do you know Mr. Dp?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: