Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:01:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler is a LOSER
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler is a LOSER  (Read 30598 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2006, 01:36:57 PM »

I think that everyone that calls adler a looser is very wrong. For starters, its funny to hear some people make opinions here about adler?s appetite when they haven?t even seen the band play???, its like...what are you taking about?. Its like making a critique on a book you haven?t read.
The guy has a drug habbit ok, but I can tell you first hand that they played all of appetite and some other tracks and they ruled, the sound was great and the place was packed. I also met adler backstage in Valencia, Spain and I can guarantee he is the coolest guy you can meet, really friendly and very respected by his fans.
There?s not much else I can say, you are really very mistaken. Its easy to talk shit.

A guy who has fired his entire band several times is indeed a loser .

like i said earlier i got talking to the road crew and theres more than meets the eye..

yeah    why didn`t you just ask steven in person?? hihi i`m sure he`d told you the TRUTH

and well.... it`s not only him firing his band for the second time to tour with a gnr tribute band..... he was fired by gnr....and he`s on drugs at the age of 40+  (sorry, but i don`t know how old he is......)

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
wadey
Legend

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2006, 01:46:40 PM »

yeah? ? why didn`t you just ask steven in person?? hihi i`m sure he`d told you the TRUTH

and well.... it`s not only him firing his band for the second time to tour with a gnr tribute band..... he was fired by gnr....and he`s on drugs at the age of 40+? (sorry, but i don`t know how old he is....

i did ask him in peson and he just shrugged and smiled at me..
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 01:53:00 PM by wadey9 » Logged

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
WARose
Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2006, 01:58:05 PM »

yeah    why didn`t you just ask steven in person?? hihi i`m sure he`d told you the TRUTH

and well.... it`s not only him firing his band for the second time to tour with a gnr tribute band..... he was fired by gnr....and he`s on drugs at the age of 40+  (sorry, but i don`t know how old he is....

i did ask him in peson and he just shrugged and smiled at me..

and he told you the truth, right? hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2006, 01:59:28 PM »

so, is Adam Bomb a guy or a band..?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
WARose
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2006, 02:05:44 PM »

so, is Adam Bomb a guy or a band..?

both as far as i got it............

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2006, 02:38:49 PM »

like Van Halen? haha

wadey
Legend

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2006, 03:09:10 PM »

adom bomb is a guy who performs with different line ups

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2006, 04:01:00 PM »

I dont think Adler is a loser, since he's been ableto successfully  unite  three versions of A'S A and kick ass, like only he can...
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2006, 04:23:15 PM »

oh, so more like David Lee Roth then, haha.

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2006, 06:44:43 PM »

I think that everyone that calls adler a looser is very wrong. For starters, its funny to hear some people make opinions here about adler?s appetite when they haven?t even seen the band play???, its like...what are you taking about?. Its like making a critique on a book you haven?t read.
The guy has a drug habbit ok, but I can tell you first hand that they played all of appetite and some other tracks and they ruled, the sound was great and the place was packed. I also met adler backstage in Valencia, Spain and I can guarantee he is the coolest guy you can meet, really friendly and very respected by his fans.
There?s not much else I can say, you are really very mistaken. Its easy to talk shit.

so axl isn't then?

stevo has a right do defend his ego cuz it's worth a hundred times more than those other guys deserve, they should suck his dick for even letting em have a chance... sure it's hard to work with a junkie, but hey, if you can't handle it fuck off, go do something else... since when  did drugs not go together with rock n' roll anyway for gods sakes... all steven wants to do is play drums and party, let him, that for sure doesn't make him a looser.

and btw, noone on this board has been near atcieving what steven has so stop pretending you're better, you're not.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2006, 08:11:13 PM »

Erose -

Dude, don't do drugs before you post.  And if you knew how fucked up Steven is when he's loaded you would know why you can't work with him.  It doesn't matter what he was capable back then, what matters now is what he can do today, which is play drums with a cover band.  Yippeeeeee!!! 
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2006, 08:21:23 PM »

so axl isn't then?

stevo has a right do defend his ego cuz it's worth a hundred times more than those other guys deserve, they should suck his dick for even letting em have a chance... sure it's hard to work with a junkie, but hey, if you can't handle it fuck off, go do something else... since when  did drugs not go together with rock n' roll anyway for gods sakes... all steven wants to do is play drums and party, let him, that for sure doesn't make him a looser.

and btw, noone on this board has been near atcieving what steven has so stop pretending you're better, you're not.

Did Axl fire his entire band 2 or 3 times? didnt think so. And as for adler achieving stuff in the past, its just that in the past. What has he done in the past 15 years or so? Not much as far as I can tell.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2006, 08:23:40 PM »

oh, so more like David Lee Roth then, haha.

Like Marylin Manson!

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2006, 09:33:08 PM »

Erose -

Dude, don't do drugs before you post.? And if you knew how fucked up Steven is when he's loaded you would know why you can't work with him.? It doesn't matter what he was capable back then, what matters now is what he can do today, which is play drums with a cover band.? Yippeeeeee!!!?

Dude save it OK, read the post you are quoting before you post you scmuck! if you'd read my post you would see that i recognize the fact that it must be really fucking hard to work with a junkie, but this band is steven adlers thing ok, just like gn'r is for axl, all he wants to do is play drums and party, do heroine or crack or whatever and fuck cheap groopies while complaining about his "friends" hitting on his wife etc. I'm just getting pissed about a bunch of ignorant message board posters who slams this guy without having personal experiences with him, calling him a looser and all kinds of shit ok, you dig? He has done alot of cool shit and is a great drummer and he has a need to fullfill his ego and drug cravings just like any other gunner, past or present.

And he played pretty good on that ep, which izzy must have thought aswell since he wanted to work with steven on some of those songs.... at least i'm not alone thinking steven can still shuffle it up.

Did Axl fire his entire band 2 or 3 times? didnt think so. And as for adler achieving stuff in the past, its just that in the past. What has he done in the past 15 years or so? Not much as far as I can tell.

You crack me up man, to answer your first question, yeah Axl has pretty much fired the whole band and don't believe for a second that he won't do it again if he feels like replacing someone with an axe or some sticks, or go back to the old line up... Axl has pretty much been a fucking nazi dictator ayatolla all his career and he does whatever the fuck he wants with the gn'r organization(don't get me wrong, i am one of those axl lovers, but i do recognize that he very well might be pretty difficult to work with and he should be, i also see that that comes from other idealistic reasons than lets say adler who just wants to rock and be out there), but hell axl hasn't done very much the last 15 years either as far as we know so...

i just refuse to slam adler because he does drugs and fire his band and so should you, just like you refuse to slam axl everytime som stuipid reporter gives ol' uncle a hard time for whatever reason....

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2006, 09:52:37 PM »

You crack me up man, to answer your first question, yeah Axl has pretty much fired the whole band and don't believe for a second that he won't do it again if he feels like replacing someone with an axe or some sticks, or go back to the old line up... Axl has pretty much been a fucking nazi dictator ayatolla all his career and he does whatever the fuck he wants with the gn'r organization(don't get me wrong, i am one of those axl lovers, but i do recognize that he very well might be pretty difficult to work with and he should be, i also see that that comes from other idealistic reasons than lets say adler who just wants to rock and be out there), but hell axl hasn't done very much the last 15 years either as far as we know so...

i just refuse to slam adler because he does drugs and fire his band and so should you, just like you refuse to slam axl everytime som stuipid reporter gives ol' uncle a hard time for whatever reason....

Axl never fired the old band and you know it. Only Adler and Sorum were fired, the rets of the guys quit on their own. Those are facts, and please stick to that from now on. And in the last 15 years Axl has released 3 albums and went on a 2 year tour, (not to mention headlinging the biggest music festival in the world while playing for over 200,000 people in 1 night). The 3 albums being UYI, TSI and Live Era. Again what has Adler done in that time frame?
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2006, 10:57:25 PM »

Axl never fired the old band and you know it. Only Adler and Sorum were fired, the rets of the guys quit on their own. Those are facts, and please stick to that from now on. And in the last 15 years Axl has released 3 albums and went on a 2 year tour, (not to mention headlinging the biggest music festival in the world while playing for over 200,000 people in 1 night). The 3 albums being UYI, TSI and Live Era. Again what has Adler done in that time frame?

ok, if you count the illusions and it's tours plus tsi, you are right ofcourse. i didn't count that in tho, lets say the last 13 years then and my post above still stands.

live era was a compilation of old stuff, which adler is actually credited on as the drummer and there was nothing new so the time axl spend on that record can't be that much, and the time he used should have been used on new stuff instead if you ask me, whoever did the technical job compailing that record is the one who spend time on it...

the rir3 event was kind of huge when you think about the number of audience, and a really great concert imo, although with very little new stuff. It was also a festival, alot of the people there might have been there for other bands like oasis etc., you can't give axl cred for the whole of that crowd imo. like velevet played for more than 80 thousand at roskilde, most people were'nt there for VR... plus axl is the first guy asked to play those rirs because of axl relationship with the owner of the whole spectical called rock in rio...

the tour that pretty much became a joke due to poor ticket sales. riots, noshows etc, happend because gn'r is a solid name in the rock n' roll world in the first place, not as many people would have turned up for Axl Rose' solo project, almost nothing new happened anyway and it looked like it was like a weekend worth of work for axl compared to anything he has done before. i'm not to impressed, i am impressed tho of the musical work from stinson, fick, fortus, bucket, and brain. A light-guy named jimmy page who workes for the company who delivered the lights at that time even said axl got so fucked up doing coke as the tour went on that he couldn't deliver the goods, lying fucked up in nyc when he was supposed to be in philly kicking ass(take that with pinch of salt tho, but it wouldn't surprice me one bit)!

after reading what i just wrote i can see that this is going nowhere, axl is in a different league and you are prob right, axl has done more i guess working on cd etc.

suck on this tho, who's the biggest joke if cd never comes out, steven keeps playing for the fans, but axl stayes in his hole and you'would never hear from him again, other than a siting once a year?

after all steven is just a drummer and he just wants to live the life. and i think thats kind of cool. sex drugs and rock n' roll man yeah Wink

if axl's comeback is a success then it's going to be the biggest hollywood comeback ever, if he fails, huh well... he'll be laughed at by everyone except people like me, and maybe you, who love axl for what he has already given us.

the bottom line, i don't see why steven should be slamed since i can come up up with many many reasons to slam every other member of gn'r, past or present.... leave the guy alone, he deserves better.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
WARose
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2006, 09:12:14 AM »

ok, if you count the illusions and it's tours plus tsi, you are right ofcourse. i didn't count that in tho, lets say the last 13 years then and my post above still stands.

live era was a compilation of old stuff, which adler is actually credited on as the drummer and there was nothing new so the time axl spend on that record can't be that much, and the time he used should have been used on new stuff instead if you ask me, whoever did the technical job compailing that record is the one who spend time on it...

the rir3 event was kind of huge when you think about the number of audience, and a really great concert imo, although with very little new stuff. It was also a festival, alot of the people there might have been there for other bands like oasis etc., you can't give axl cred for the whole of that crowd imo. like velevet played for more than 80 thousand at roskilde, most people were'nt there for VR... plus axl is the first guy asked to play those rirs because of axl relationship with the owner of the whole spectical called rock in rio...

the tour that pretty much became a joke due to poor ticket sales. riots, noshows etc, happend because gn'r is a solid name in the rock n' roll world in the first place, not as many people would have turned up for Axl Rose' solo project, almost nothing new happened anyway and it looked like it was like a weekend worth of work for axl compared to anything he has done before. i'm not to impressed, i am impressed tho of the musical work from stinson, fick, fortus, bucket, and brain. A light-guy named jimmy page who workes for the company who delivered the lights at that time even said axl got so fucked up doing coke as the tour went on that he couldn't deliver the goods, lying fucked up in nyc when he was supposed to be in philly kicking ass(take that with pinch of salt tho, but it wouldn't surprice me one bit)!

after reading what i just wrote i can see that this is going nowhere, axl is in a different league and you are prob right, axl has done more i guess working on cd etc.

suck on this tho, who's the biggest joke if cd never comes out, steven keeps playing for the fans, but axl stayes in his hole and you'would never hear from him again, other than a siting once a year?

after all steven is just a drummer and he just wants to live the life. and i think thats kind of cool. sex drugs and rock n' roll man yeah Wink

if axl's comeback is a success then it's going to be the biggest hollywood comeback ever, if he fails, huh well... he'll be laughed at by everyone except people like me, and maybe you, who love axl for what he has already given us.

the bottom line, i don't see why steven should be slamed since i can come up up with many many reasons to slam every other member of gn'r, past or present.... leave the guy alone, he deserves better.

axl only fired adler and sorum. that`s fact. and adler got fired by the whole band by the way......   ALL of the other guys left voluntarily. and after firing sorum he got the best drummer gnr ever had (well not directly.....i`m talking about brain...)    adler in contrast fired his complete band two times and is now touring with a gnr tribute band................. if you think that`s cool......it`s your opinion...   

and i highly doubt axl was on coke in NY. that`s bullshit. it isn`t even something to argue about....it`s just bullshit.....

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2006, 09:47:50 AM »

axl only fired adler and sorum. that`s fact. and adler got fired by the whole band by the way......? ?ALL of the other guys left voluntarily. and after firing sorum he got the best drummer gnr ever had (well not directly.....i`m talking about brain...)? ? adler in contrast fired his complete band two times and is now touring with a gnr tribute band................. if you think that`s cool......it`s your opinion...? ?

and i highly doubt axl was on coke in NY. that`s bullshit. it isn`t even something to argue about....it`s just bullshit.....

look, i know the two situations are slightly different, but don't tell me you can't find shit on axl slash izzy or duff thats pretty pathetic, or fortus, finck etc. for that case? if you do then you are ignorant. I'm not saying steven is the coolest guy on earth, axl is imo, but you don't know him so why would you slam his ass over something someone else thinks or writes? it's just low and if you are going to continue you should also throw out the shit you feel about the others.

and how do you know the coke story isn't true, you don't. it's the same thing, when it comes to axl you don't believe it, but if there's some shit about steven you join the "lets talk shit about steven vagon".. pathetic...

and you must be out of your mind to think slash and duff left the band totaly on their own accord. open you eyes.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2006, 11:43:58 AM »

Erose - You are right, Steven has the right to do whatever he wants to do, but given that he also has to accept the consequences for his actions, which he does not do, he blames everyone around him.  So, until he is able to be accountable, he needs to shut the fuck up!  He was in a great band, once upon a time, now he is playing drums in a GnR cover band, not even his own band, but a GnR cover band, that's pretty rock bottom.  Can you imagine what musicians are thinking about this situation - probably nothing too nice. 
Origen
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2006, 11:51:46 AM »

Axl never fired the old band and you know it. Only Adler and Sorum were fired,

H.R.: What do you mean by "He fired me 2 or 3 times"?

Matt: (Laugh) You never heard the rumors? Yes, we all have been fired at least 1 time! You never heard about it (laugh)? [/i]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: