Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:39:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Perhaps is being released
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Perhaps is being released  (Read 15950 times)
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2023, 01:29:36 PM »

Now I have an excuse to go to the Bar on a Sunday  beer
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2023, 04:13:39 PM »

I gave it a listen. Redone  vocals (except for the high parts) and new (and better) solo. Basically that's it. The song it's exactly the same (for what i can remember, i never listened to it many times, i find it boring to death), 3:30 circa. If after 2 years this is the work they put into 1 song only  I think there's a real problem...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 04:24:28 PM by ITARocker » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2023, 04:24:49 PM »

I gave it a listen. Redone  vocals (except for the high parts) and new (and better) solo. Basically that's it. The song it's exactly the same (for what i can remember, i never listened to it many times, i find it boring to death), 3:30 circa. If after 2 years they worked this "much" on a single song  I think there's a real problem...
Where did you get that it took two years to work on this song alone?

Ali
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2023, 04:26:08 PM »

I gave it a listen. Redone  vocals (except for the high parts) and new (and better) solo. Basically that's it. The song it's exactly the same (for what i can remember, i never listened to it many times, i find it boring to death), 3:30 circa. If after 2 years they worked this "much" on a single song  I think there's a real problem...

Ali

I said "if"

To be honest i really hope it took them 10 minutes. But it took 2 years to release it still, like it's a holy grail...cmon now..

Believe me, this song will "upset" many, more than absurd or hard skool. It's like underlining, true or not, that they are basically doing nothing new ok
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 04:35:48 PM by ITARocker » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2023, 05:26:51 PM »

I gave it a listen. Redone  vocals (except for the high parts) and new (and better) solo. Basically that's it. The song it's exactly the same (for what i can remember, i never listened to it many times, i find it boring to death), 3:30 circa. If after 2 years they worked this "much" on a single song  I think there's a real problem...

Ali

I said "if"

To be honest i really hope it took them 10 minutes. But it took 2 years to release it still, like it's a holy grail...cmon now..

Believe me, this song will "upset" many, more than absurd or hard skool. It's like underlining, true or not, that they are basically doing nothing new ok
The only people it will upset are people looking to be upset and complain. The people who are just hoping for an official release of a melodic song will be fine.

Ali
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2023, 06:08:19 PM »

Finally got to a bar and gave it a listen. Not bad def need to play it again. The vault has to be so deep and there are prob a lot gems. Too bad we’ll all prob have to wait until they are gone for them to release. Anyways, Sunday funday!

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2023, 09:18:01 PM »

So the vocals definitely improved from what I hear. Wonder where this leaves the "Axl hasn't recorded any new vocals" crowd now. Probably bitching about something else.

I'm not in love with the new solo but probably just used to the old one.  I do like the added guitar part at the beginning.

Hopefully this drops Friday all official like and then The General in September. Atlas / SOG the next combo after that? If they're doing things in twos.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2023, 11:16:44 PM »

From what I just read, blabbermouth.net being the source again. Perhaps has been leaked via touch tunes and has been playing across the US. Has anyone else seen this yet or maybe heard it?
Very GNR of them to release it on jukeboxes first  Grin
I kinda like it how all their releases have some drama around it.

Your jukebox comment literally made me laugh out loud. And of course they did release a song on a pinball machine once - and a video game! Or whatever guitar hero is.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2023, 07:58:12 AM »

Ive heard the song, its pretty good. The rollout  of it is another story. Don't underestimate the ability of GNR management to screw that up  Grin

But at least we have a new song coming ( or already here sort of ) .

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2023, 09:18:31 AM »

So...this is what I've heard.  Came here to share. From a radio friend of mine who runs a pretty big online rock "station" now, but who was the station manager of one of the biggest rock stations in the country for a very long time.  Name withheld for obvious reasons.

Sales and Marketing fucked up.

It was supposed to be released on Friday, the 11th.

They pulled it off every platform and rescheduled for Friday the 18th.  Your guess is as good as mine as to why...maybe they want to play it live (Metlife?) first? IDK.

They forgot touch tunes.  It wasn't intentional, but once the cat was out of the bag, it was really too late to pull it back so they just left it.

We still can't play it.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 11:53:56 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2023, 09:56:28 AM »

I dug the track from the first demo taht we all around here have to pretend we never listened to.

But my first thought from the first listen?  This will be a hard one to do live.  We shall see. 

Good tune though, I think.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2023, 05:41:20 PM »

In the rehearsals, they had the high octave vocals in the chorus as a sample.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2023, 06:29:53 PM »

From what I just read, blabbermouth.net being the source again. Perhaps has been leaked via touch tunes and has been playing across the US. Has anyone else seen this yet or maybe heard it?

So...this is what I've heard.  Came here to share. From a radio friend of mine who runs a pretty big online rock "station" now, but who was the station manager of one of the biggest rock stations in the country for a very long time.  Name withheld for obvious reasons.

Sales and Marketing fucked up.

It was supposed to be released on Friday, the 11th.

They pulled it off every platform and rescheduled for Friday the 18th.  Your guess is as good as mine as to why...maybe they want to play it live (Metlife?) first? IDK.

They forgot touch tunes.  It wasn't intentional, but once the cat was out of the bag, it was really too late to pull it back so they just left it.

We still can't play it.

It's a shame in some regard.

When I read it, I thought it was all quite bizarre, and obviously it sounded like someone had made an error. But, it's actually quite a cool idea. It's making people go out and listen to the song, and when they play it, others hear it too. It's a quirky way of promoting the song.

Since Covid, alot of pubs have closed in the UK and it'd be one way of promoting an ailing sector whilst promoting the song.

I'd have gone the lemons into lemonade approach and left it, then added it to all other jukeboxes, and just make some publicity that way. It's different and social
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2023, 03:41:50 AM »

Sorry for the dumb question guys, I'm a bit lost. Is the song available already and where I can find/hear it? Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 03:45:55 AM by Six Strings » Logged

"...It don't really matter..."
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2023, 09:42:22 AM »

Its not out yet for most of the world.
If you happen to be in the states, you can listen to it in a bar on a jukebox  beer
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2023, 10:21:13 AM »

it's listed on touchtunes in the UK as well, but i've not got anywhere that runs those jukeboxes that close to me

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2023, 12:47:59 PM »

If you happen to be in the states, you can listen to it in a bar on a jukebox  beer

it been removed
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2023, 02:27:30 AM »

Got it, thanks. Far away from the US so I guess I'll be still waiting than.

"...It don't really matter..."
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2023, 10:00:37 AM »

I find it odd that there's been no acknowledgement, even tongue in cheek, by the band or management. They just pretend it didn't happen??? Just adds fuel to the notion that this operation is run like the Keystone Cops.
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2023, 11:09:21 AM »

Yep. Many things never happened in the official GNR world.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: