Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:13:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  new material update...or lack there of
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: new material update...or lack there of  (Read 41076 times)
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2021, 04:49:20 AM »

It makes me wonder whether we will ever listen to new material.

My gut tells me we will. But I do think it might take the form of more singles/EPs. Look at how the label handled the release of Chinese. You can understand Axl maybe being reticent to even think about going down that road again. So long as we hear The General at some point, I’m good  Grin

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2021, 06:15:52 AM »

My gut tells me we will. But I do think it might take the form of more singles/EPs. Look at how the label handled the release of Chinese. You can understand Axl maybe being reticent to even think about going down that road again. So long as we hear The General at some point, I’m good  Grin
Completely agree I think that's exactly what they will do going forward I don't think Axl is interested in going through the whole process of doing a full album from scratch after the prolonged process it took to make and release CD.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2021, 12:30:47 PM »

At least we are getting new music. beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2021, 12:48:53 PM »

Exactly.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2021, 06:52:32 AM »

beer

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2021, 04:40:33 PM »

in which weird kind of world people in their fifties lives like 20 years old young men? how can you compare the situation of youngsters living in a squat together creating music in an evident promiscuous and the same people 30 years after with their own family lives, homes and financialy secure?

they don't live together anymore, they probably don't hang out together neither, they talk to each other again since a few years only, they have a cordial working relationship in a big franchise called Guns N'Roses, they manage to work on some songs to release them and when you think of it it's a kind of miracle, considering the history of discord between the two leaders of the band, so no, it's not really the legitimate time to complain about the lack of activity of the guys.

does it changes the fact that the band lost a lot of years and potential albums to add to their catalogue and history? no.

they took their Aerosmith influence too seriously and broke up somewhere in the way, but they managed to grow up and see what their best interests where. good thing for us, we have some kind of interest in that too.

Axl apparently has at least a full album of songs they can work on, and if the can't find the way to write together again, at least we'll have them with Slash & Duff writing their own parts on that.

the debate on when the titles were written is irrelevant, boring and childish.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2021, 05:32:22 PM »

But, but, the songs are old...  Cry

LOL. I agree.

The Rolling Stones just reissued Tattoo You. An album originally released in 1981 consisting of, mostly old songs recorded during sessions for other albums.....Uh oh!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2021, 06:27:04 PM »

It’s new because it hasn’t yet been heard by the general public so far. I don’t get what people don’t understand about that.

Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2021, 07:36:21 PM »

Just to be clear, I don't expect them to work like they did on the appetite era. That's just silly, they're millionaires with families now. But then again, so are the members of, for example Metallica, and they have released a great number of songs over the years. The same can be said for Foo Fighters.

I just WISH they wrote some new songs from scratch, not just copying and pasting different parts from different years.

I mean, I don't think it's asking too much after SIX years in the road, at least ONE song coming out from jams, soundchecks, etc. It baffles me, and I'm basing this on what Slash said, that not even one riff came out of all these years on the road.

Being grateful we have new songs, and I really am, shouldn't get in the way of perceiving the reality.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 07:38:18 PM by Eduardo » Logged
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2021, 07:57:28 PM »

Just to be clear, I don't expect them to work like they did on the appetite era. That's just silly, they're millionaires with families now. But then again, so are the members of, for example Metallica, and they have released a great number of songs over the years. The same can be said for Foo Fighters.

I just WISH they wrote some new songs from scratch, not just copying and pasting different parts from different years.

I mean, I don't think it's asking too much after SIX years in the road, at least ONE song coming out from jams, soundchecks, etc. It baffles me, and I'm basing this on what Slash said, that not even one riff came out of all these years on the road.

Being grateful we have new songs, and I really am, shouldn't get in the way of perceiving the reality.

Agree with you Eduardo

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2021, 05:44:03 AM »

But, but, the songs are old...  Cry

LOL. I agree.

The Rolling Stones just reissued Tattoo You. An album originally released in 1981 consisting of, mostly old songs recorded during sessions for other albums.....Uh oh!

/jarmo

You weren't the one who said "gnr are not like the other bands" n then you tell what rolling stones have done after 60+ albums  (Plus the old songs are still written by them, not by other people...)? Man just don't even try make any comparison, cause gnr lose every single battle in that sense  Roll Eyes . I know we can't expect anything from Axl (and i say axl) and im good with that, but don't try to justify, make comparisons etc.. It is what it is. Personally i think that those 2 songs are even too much  rofl. At this point I'd rather have Axl to restore his voice and to listen to him singing better than he's done for the last 4 years...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 05:47:12 AM by ITARocker » Logged
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2021, 07:47:43 AM »

LOL. I agree.

/jarmo

You weren't the one who said "gnr are not like the other bands" n then you tell what rolling stones have done after 60+ albums  (Plus the old songs are still written by them, not by other people...)? Man just don't even try make any comparison, cause gnr lose every single battle in that sense  Roll Eyes . I know we can't expect anything from Axl (and i say axl) and im good with that, but don't try to justify, make comparisons etc.. It is what it is. Personally i think that those 2 songs are even too much  rofl. At this point I'd rather have Axl to restore his voice and to listen to him singing better than he's done for the last 4 years...

The Stone are also in their late 70's, have released around 30 albums and don't have a long history of one individual in the band being the obstacle and frustration in their bandmates wishes to write, record and release music.

Slash had mentioned saving riffs for GNR a few times and we all know he is a workaholic musically so i doubt he is happy not writing music for GNR, so my best guesstimate is that he submitted his work and it got rejected.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2021, 08:06:42 AM »

I think Slash’s guitar playing is fantastic. Do I think his other stuff over the years outside of Guns is up to Gun’s standards? I have to be honest and say no. On the other hand, I do think that the vast majority of the instrumentals from the locker leaks (sorry Jarmo) are absolutely worthy of GnR. I’m excited to see what Slash and Duff can add, though I do think many of the tracks are perfect as they are; they just need some vocals.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2021, 09:05:47 AM »

You weren't the one who said "gnr are not like the other bands"

They're not like other bands.

I just hope the Stones fans didn't get upset in 1981 that they released songs that were written and recorded in the 1970s....... Smiley

The Stone are also in their late 70's, have released around 30 albums and don't have a long history of one individual in the band being the obstacle and frustration in their bandmates wishes to write, record and release music.

This album originally came out in 1981.

And due to circumstances at the time, they decided to use old songs and recordings. Just hope their fans didn't go on the Internet and complain about them releasing old songs! Wink

Slash had mentioned saving riffs for GNR a few times and we all know he is a workaholic musically so i doubt he is happy not writing music for GNR, so my best guesstimate is that he submitted his work and it got rejected.

I suspect that it's all about semantics.

No one wrote a single new note since the NITL tour? Well, they wrote their parts that went on Absurd and Hard Skool.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are more ideas around. They just didn't go that route this time.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 09:10:03 AM by jarmo » Logged

DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2021, 10:42:27 AM »

I think Slash’s guitar playing is fantastic. Do I think his other stuff over the years outside of Guns is up to Gun’s standards? I have to be honest and say no. On the other hand, I do think that the vast majority of the instrumentals from the locker leaks (sorry Jarmo) are absolutely worthy of GnR. I’m excited to see what Slash and Duff can add, though I do think many of the tracks are perfect as they are; they just need some vocals.
I think you mean Axl Rose's standars
Duff and Slash work outside Guns fuckin rocks

This is Axl Rose's band since 1991, we all know

I'm curious to see how long Duff and Slash stand this time. My bet is if they dont get Axl to work on new music written by this lineup 2022 will be the last year of this reunion. And I think so because they are Workaholics and very creative musicians. They are working on Axl"s songs to make him happy but I really doubt this will be their focus for too long

Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #135 on: November 01, 2021, 11:51:25 AM »

LOL. I agree.

/jarmo

It's absolutely ridiculous the lengths some people will go to justify this band's lack of musical creativity. Yeah, the Stones used some old songs on Tattoo you, but those songs weren't fucking 20 years old, and the Stones released an entire album worth of "old songs" and went on to release more than a dozen more albums. And by the time of Tattoo You, they had released more than a dozen albums previously. But yeah, you really owned us with that really insightful Tattoo You reference.

There is no defense for a band having only released 1 album and a handful of filler singles over 30 decades. None. Not a single reasonable explanation except they are spent creatively, as a unit.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2021, 12:20:07 PM »

You weren't the one who said "gnr are not like the other bands"

They're not like other bands.

I just hope the Stones fans didn't get upset in 1981 that they released songs that were written and recorded in the 1970s....... Smiley

I think the big difference in the comparison is that while Brian Jones died and you got 2 replacement players in that spot... the unreleased music was written by and performed by what everyone in the world considers The Rolling Stones (Mick, Keith, Wyman, and Watts). Any "new" music released by GnR that has been on the shelf for the last 22 years will have been written by people that "most" people don't even know had a year or two stint in Guns N Roses in the late 90's.

5 almost 6 years after the reunion I think people want to hear what Axl, Slash, and Duff can do to follow up UYI. In the meantime I'm happy to either hear the CD material as has been recorded by the CD lineup, or Slash and Duff tweaking it... but HardSkool and Absurd aren't Tattoo Me
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: November 01, 2021, 12:26:37 PM »

I thought Hard school was The general ??

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: November 01, 2021, 12:27:55 PM »

Yeah... the not living together is not a good excuse...
You can send wav files nowadays and work separately, but I don't know, even out of curiosity they didn't even jam together to see whether something came out ? Thats easy to do...

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #139 on: November 01, 2021, 12:34:21 PM »

It's absolutely ridiculous the lengths some people will go to justify this band's lack of musical creativity.

Let me explain to those who are inclined to make shit up.

I'm not justifying anything. I don't have to. The band does what they want. Either that upsets you, or it doesn't. Simple as that.

You're upset that GN'R doesn't live together, or sit in a circle writing songs together? Tough luck. But it's not that uncommon that bands use songs that were finished or nearly finished, before recording them. As I pointed out. Smiley

I think the big difference in the comparison is that while Brian Jones died and you got 2 replacement players in that spot... the unreleased music was written by and performed by what everyone in the world considers The Rolling Stones (Mick, Keith, Wyman, and Watts). Any "new" music released by GnR that has been on the shelf for the last 22 years will have been written by people that "most" people don't even know had a year or two stint in Guns N Roses in the late 90's.

5 almost 6 years after the reunion I think people want to hear what Axl, Slash, and Duff can do to follow up UYI. In the meantime I'm happy to either hear the CD material as has been recorded by the CD lineup, or Slash and Duff tweaking it... but HardSkool and Absurd aren't Tattoo Me

They had to get an album out because they had a tour. So they used available material since it seemed like the best option.

What if GN'R released a song they worked on in the 1990s that was never finished and released? Would it be worse? Because it's older. Or better because it would be Axl, Duff and Slash (before they left the band)?

I guess these rules are kinda flexible.  hihi

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: