Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:50:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  new material update...or lack there of
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: new material update...or lack there of  (Read 41077 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #160 on: November 02, 2021, 01:46:19 PM »

Man.... The usual. Never claimed to know anyone.

I pointed out that your opinion is based on something you think you know. If you had actually attended show(s), you might've noticed the jokes, smiles and so on.

But it's always easier to stick to the "he's not having fun" or "he's always late" routines... Just to paint the picture that fits your "he doesn't wanna create music" opinion.

I'm talking about throwing yourself into something with passion showing some dedication.

You mean like Chinese Democracy? The album that came out when most of you claimed it wouldn't. The album that came out even though it "wasn't GN'R"?

You're talking about the guy who kept GN'R going after everyone left and claim he lacks dedication and passion. The same things people hated him for, because he did keep GN'R going.

confused

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #161 on: November 02, 2021, 01:46:59 PM »

But I notice you're online and jumping in there a lot.  Snowed in or is there smoke on the wind?  Yeah, I like to read between the lines.   hihi  I'm not the only one who does that.  Cheesy

It's called being at home. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #162 on: November 02, 2021, 02:13:38 PM »

Man.... The usual. Never claimed to know anyone.

If you had actually attended show(s), you might've noticed the jokes, smiles and so on.

But it's always easier to stick to the "he's not having fun" or "he's always late" routines... Just to paint the picture that fits your "he doesn't wanna create music" opinion.

/jarmo

It wasn't my point. Infact i said it's satysfing making people happy (touring, sing old songs..) But gettin along well togheter it has nothing to do with producing new music. it's all another animal, all another energy required
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 02:19:54 PM by ITARocker » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #163 on: November 02, 2021, 02:39:29 PM »

It wasn't my point. Infact i said it's satysfing making people happy (touring, sing old songs..) But gettin along well togheter it has nothing to do with producing new music. it's all another animal, all another energy required

No?

The 2021 Axl, who you claim doesn't have fun, released two new songs. With the band he doesn't have fun with.

I don't wish misery on anyone just so I can have "a new album".

/jarmo

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2021, 03:11:39 PM »

No?

The 2021 Axl, who you claim doesn't have fun, released two new songs. With the band he doesn't have fun with.

I don't wish misery on anyone just so I can have "a new album".

/jarmo

He didn't realised "with". The others realised based on something which already existed 20 years ago. You're hopeless man  rofl... I gonna stop here, im not interested in tautology
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #165 on: November 02, 2021, 03:44:54 PM »

Guns N' Roses, the band you claim he's not having fun in, released two new songs in 2021.

You're even confusing yourself about what you actually think you know.....  hihi

/jarmo

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #166 on: November 02, 2021, 04:26:21 PM »

Guns N' Roses, the band you claim he's not having fun in, released two new songs in 2021.

You're even confusing yourself about what you actually think you know.....  hihi

/jarmo

I don't get the "not having fun" argument. Sure I fall on the side that I'd like to see a song that Slash and Duff wrote vs. tweaking a Robin, Josh, or Paul song... BUT what in the world does any of that have to do with Axl not having fun. From 2016 on I think that might be the best 5 year stretch (in a row) that Axl has had in the band (possibly ever).
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #167 on: November 02, 2021, 06:53:21 PM »

He said they haven't worked on completely new songs, just the ones Axl has in the vault. And that's what bothers me.
Exactly....I think Slash was pretty clear on what he said. 

Read his words very carefully, this is a direct quote:

"As far as new GUNS is concerned, we haven't even gotten to that point of really in earnest sitting down and writing,"

Nowhere does he say that ideas aren't floating around. We know for a fact from previous interviews that he has explicitly said he sets aside riffs for Guns separate from SMKC riffs. He's saying they haven't sat down together to actually put their ideas together.

So you think a new album is imminent based on that comment? It seems clear to me that he's saying they are at square 1 regarding new music, which is weird since they've been back together for 6 years now. It's as close to saying "we really haven't done jack shit for a new album" as you can get, IMO. Obviously they won't say that because they want to keep the interest/hope alive and keep dangling that carrot for the next tour.

Slash is not an idiot. He knows exactly what he's doing when he says things like this publicly. He knows all too well the attention that any comment from the 3 of them will generate in regards to the next Gnr album - so for him to drop this right after the tour ends and he's going to start up the other stuff he has going on - is not an accident.
It doesn't mean there isn't something in the pipeline but I'm guessing I'm not going out on a limb suggesting he said this to just be real with people now that the tour is over - it's a little safer to say it now - that there is no next Gnr album at this current time and place - same old song and dance - that's it

On to the next chapter
Peace
 peace
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #168 on: November 02, 2021, 11:41:36 PM »

"As far as new GUNS is concerned, we haven't even gotten to that point of really in earnest sitting down and writing,"

Nowhere does he say that ideas aren't floating around. We know for a fact from previous interviews that he has explicitly said he sets aside riffs for Guns separate from SMKC riffs. He's saying they haven't sat down together to actually put their ideas together.

So you think a new album is imminent based on that comment? It seems clear to me that he's saying they are at square 1 regarding new music, which is weird since they've been back together for 6 years now. It's as close to saying "we really haven't done jack shit for a new album" as you can get, IMO. Obviously they won't say that because they want to keep the interest/hope alive and keep dangling that carrot for the next tour.

How do you possibly get that from my comment? I made no comment on when, or even IF we will get an album. I don't know how I could have my point any clearer, honestly.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #169 on: November 02, 2021, 11:47:49 PM »

Ok, but being practical, that means, at least in my point of view, that a new album won't see the light of day in the near future.

You'd think that, in 6 years they've been together, they would have "sat down and put their ideas together".

Note that, to me, the problem is not reworking old songs, I'm fine with that, but I expected NOT ONLY that, but fresh new ideas coming from the THREE of them. Their talents complementing each other's.

Having Slash do some guitar work over someone else's song is fine, I'm glad we got that, but to me that's undeursing his talent and this band's real potential.

Sure, I agree. But in the meantime, we will be getting new material in the way of songs Axl has wanted to release for years. I think, as long as they use the release of that material to buy time for writing, it's not a big deal. I would be disappointed if they released all that stuff and then took a break to write an album. But then, I can't complain about work ethic with how lazy I am myself.  hihi

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #170 on: November 03, 2021, 06:30:42 AM »

I don't get the "not having fun" argument. Sure I fall on the side that I'd like to see a song that Slash and Duff wrote vs. tweaking a Robin, Josh, or Paul song... BUT what in the world does any of that have to do with Axl not having fun. From 2016 on I think that might be the best 5 year stretch (in a row) that Axl has had in the band (possibly ever).

It's just a way for the experts to make it seem like they know more than they do.

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #171 on: November 03, 2021, 07:59:29 AM »

it's funny to read that Axl doesn't care anymore or doesn't enjoy it since when you
watch live stuff online he's the one who appears to have more fun.

Slash is always in his zone concentrate on his guitar and doesn't even seem
concerned about interactions on stage, probably not in his contract.  hihi

and what is going on with Duff? if he somewhat interacts it looks like he made
a mistake, he looks happy as I look happy when I must go to a crowded place
full of Covid, the only place I've seen him smiling recently is on interviews about
his books.

so yeah, if someone looks happy about touring, it's Axl.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #172 on: November 03, 2021, 09:25:32 AM »

How do you possibly get that from my comment? I made no comment on when, or even IF we will get an album. I don't know how I could have my point any clearer, honestly.

I'm asking if you think, based on his comments, that a new album is on the horizon. Sure, maybe they've floated ideas around, but his comments make it pretty clear (IMO) that there has been no meaningful movement on a new album. Slash is no dummy...he understands what reaction his comments will get. I think he's letting people know that a new album is not something the band is focused on. At best, we'll get re-hashed CD songs with new riffs and 20+ year old vocals as new songs...which is fine, but the lack of transparency is annoying. Caveat: I don't know Axl and yes, things can change.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2021, 09:31:25 AM »

I would suggest stop asking/expecting album updates. Anytime a band member has given an update, it's been met with "well, he lies" or something similar.

I'm fully aware that when people kept going "we want new music", and then once the band released new music, these people weren't happy. Maybe it's mainly because they either meant, or expected, something else with "new music". Which is obvious since now it's all about the A word. Album this, album that.

If you really want a hamburger, don't claim to want food... Wink

/jarmo

Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2021, 09:31:41 AM »

You have to think that Axl has no more a great interest in gnr and has no more fun in doin it, he said it and he shew it many times.

You sound like someone who knows that for a fact.

Oh, sorry. Wait a minute.....

You have no idea. Cheesy

Did you attend any of the 2021 shows? No?
Did you talk to him and ask? No?

And yet you pretend like you know this....

/jarmo

No it's just my opinion: i know u know axl and u talk to him and u had fun with him and you surely know what's going on in his mind, but it doesnt change the fact that he made 1 album in 30 years. 1. If it was his main working life target "lazyness" is the only word that comes to my mind. But You don't have to be sherlock holmes to understand  something that to me it's pretty clear.  How many albums slash has made (and a new 1 coming, wasn't he busy in tour? Ah!)?  And I'm not talking about quality, I'm talking about throwing yourself into something with passion showing some dedication. Something that in my opinion is lacking. But again, it's ok, there's nothing wrong in that, it is what it is, he can do whatever he wants to do, either my opinion is wrong or right... That's why i'm warning people: don't ask, dont expect anything, history speaks for itself... it's crazy to think that someone is going to change his way of doing his things just because u want to. Waste of time, move on.

This is all accurate. Words don't mean anything, action does. And this band has created 1 album and 3 singles over 3 decades. That's what everyone should base their predictions on, so far as new music.

It's impossible to have an honest discussion with people who absolutely refuse to acknowledge other people's points of view. Yes, I understand the fans on this board who maintain hope and don't like to say anything negative about this band. I appreciate your love of this band. I understand it. But you seem incapable of actually considering other people's points of views, to look at it through their eyes and come to an understanding of their frustration and disappointment. It betrays a profound lack of empathy. People who complain love this band and are simply disappointed. Maybe consider that once in a while.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2021, 09:36:39 AM »

It's impossible to have an honest discussion with people who absolutely refuse to acknowledge other people's points of view.

You think anyone here doesn't know how much music GN'R has released? You don't need to quote the discography to us... You're aware of that right?

The difference is that some spend their free time pointing it out as a negative, while others know it is what it is and focus on something else. Smiley

Your disappointment is not that uncommon. Some people are just like that.
So let me ask you, when was the last time you were happy (with GN'R)?

In my time online and interacting with GN'R fans, this kind of fans have always been around. That's over 25 years...

/jarmo

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #176 on: November 03, 2021, 10:30:37 AM »

I would suggest stop asking/expecting album updates. Anytime a band member has given an update, it's been met with "well, he lies" or something similar.

I'm fully aware that when people kept going "we want new music", and then once the band released new music, these people weren't happy. Maybe it's mainly because they either meant, or expected, something else with "new music". Which is obvious since now it's all about the A word. Album this, album that.

If you really want a hamburger, don't claim to want food... Wink

/jarmo

I'm not asking for anything...I'm simply commenting on what Slash said regarding a new album. Kind of the point of the discussion board, right? You make it sound so ridiculous that people would want a new album from their favorite band...like that's a wild concept or something. You also make it sound like new music (with 20+ year old vocals) is a super normal thing that people shouldn't ask any questions about.

If you're really a 5-star restaurant, you should have something else on the menu besides leftover chinese food... Wink
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2021, 10:43:41 AM »

It's impossible to have an honest discussion with people who absolutely refuse to acknowledge other people's points of view.

You think anyone here doesn't know how much music GN'R has released? You don't need to quote the discography to us... You're aware of that right?

The difference is that some spend their free time pointing it out as a negative, while others know it is what it is and focus on something else. Smiley

Your disappointment is not that uncommon. Some people are just like that.
So let me ask you, when was the last time you were happy (with GN'R)?

In my time online and interacting with GN'R fans, this kind of fans have always been around. That's over 25 years...

/jarmo

I've been excited periodically over the years. Excited by the VMA performance, even though it was pretty rough. Excited by leaks of new music and then release of Chinese Democracy. Excited by the reunion for a year or so. But all of this excitement was tempered by reality, that this legendary band squandered so much time and creative possibility. The things I got excited over when it came to GnR, don't even register for fans of bands like Pearl Jam who remain creatively vital. I cover the criminal justice system. I don't see the world through rose-colored glasses. I see it for what it is. So, it's possible to have a reasoned discussion, to acknowledge that this band has been creatively fallow for 3 decades when it comes to releasing music, and also enjoy the band for what it is today. But when you deny reality, when you actively push back against facts, that's when it becomes problematic. So, you are not simply being positive, you refuse to acknowledge simple statements of fact or reality and mock people who do. That's what people do in politics.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #178 on: November 03, 2021, 12:38:19 PM »

I'm not asking for anything...I'm simply commenting on what Slash said regarding a new album. Kind of the point of the discussion board, right? You make it sound so ridiculous that people would want a new album from their favorite band...like that's a wild concept or something. You also make it sound like new music (with 20+ year old vocals) is a super normal thing that people shouldn't ask any questions about.

It's not ridiculous. It's just everything that comes with wanting one that is kinda..... Well, not that interesting to be honest. We've been through this already. Like I mentioned somewhere sometime, Chinese Democracy was a lot of people waiting. And then, it didn't change their lives after all... Same this year, "we want new music". Ok, here's some new songs. And... "Those aren't new!". Well you didn't specify that you want an album with material composed by everyone sitting together... Wink

If you're really a 5-star restaurant, you should have something else on the menu besides leftover chinese food... Wink

Well, when you're hungry, you don't necessarily start asking for the nine course tasting menu. You'd be happy with a stir-fry.

I've been excited periodically over the years. Excited by the VMA performance, even though it was pretty rough. Excited by leaks of new music and then release of Chinese Democracy. Excited by the reunion for a year or so. But all of this excitement was tempered by reality, that this legendary band squandered so much time and creative possibility. The things I got excited over when it came to GnR, don't even register for fans of bands like Pearl Jam who remain creatively vital. I cover the criminal justice system. I don't see the world through rose-colored glasses. I see it for what it is. So, it's possible to have a reasoned discussion, to acknowledge that this band has been creatively fallow for 3 decades when it comes to releasing music, and also enjoy the band for what it is today. But when you deny reality, when you actively push back against facts, that's when it becomes problematic. So, you are not simply being positive, you refuse to acknowledge simple statements of fact or reality and mock people who do. That's what people do in politics.

Excited? Does that equal happy?

I get what you're saying. To me it's not so much about what they do for me, or didn't. Because there are things in life you have zero control over. Personally getting upset about things like that, it's a bit pointless to be honest. I'd rather focus on something else. But that's just me.

I enjoy what they have given us so far. I like plenty of artists who stopped making music for whatever reason. GN'R didn't. I can be grateful for that. Instead of resentful because the quantity not being up to whatever personal standards people have.

/jarmo

Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #179 on: November 03, 2021, 01:46:40 PM »

It's not ridiculous. It's just everything that comes with wanting one that is kinda..... Well, not that interesting to be honest. We've been through this already. Like I mentioned somewhere sometime, Chinese Democracy was a lot of people waiting. And then, it didn't change their lives after all... Same this year, "we want new music". Ok, here's some new songs. And... "Those aren't new!". Well you didn't specify that you want an album with material composed by everyone sitting together... Wink

Well, when you're hungry, you don't necessarily start asking for the nine course tasting menu. You'd be happy with a stir-fry.

Excited? Does that equal happy?

I get what you're saying. To me it's not so much about what they do for me, or didn't. Because there are things in life you have zero control over. Personally getting upset about things like that, it's a bit pointless to be honest. I'd rather focus on something else. But that's just me.

I enjoy what they have given us so far. I like plenty of artists who stopped making music for whatever reason. GN'R didn't. I can be grateful for that. Instead of resentful because the quantity not being up to whatever personal standards people have.

/jarmo

Props to you for this response to my post. I appreciate it. And I do acknowledge that this band has brought a great deal of joy and entertainment to its fans in various forms over the years, more so than many bands, even if it doesn't come in the form I desire. And that should be rightfully lauded.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: