Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:47:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RUMOR: Buckethead/Gnr to perform at Vma's...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RUMOR: Buckethead/Gnr to perform at Vma's...  (Read 42238 times)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2006, 01:51:26 AM »

I'm getting sick of this bullshit. All these stupid ass rumours. If they bring Bucket back, I think that would be stupid. It will just add to the jokes about not being able to keep members. Dont get me wrong, Bucket is an awesome guitarist, but he doesnt fit the band's image. Its not like 2002 where the band was all dressing different, where Axl was in his jersey mode. Axl is dressing like a fucking rock star, Robin got rid of NIN look, and they look like a real band now. Bucket would just make them look ridiculous. I say keep Bucket's parts on the record, and keep Bumblefoot for the future.

Not only that, its clear that no one but Axl really liked Bucket as a person. You can defintely tell Tommy didnt like him, plus the rumours about Robin and him fighting all the time. It will spew up bad blood if Bucket's brought back in my opinion.

KEEP BUMBLEFOOT!!!!!!!!

You can take image and shove it up Axl's ass so it can make out with Slash... Buckethead fucking owns.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2006, 01:51:39 AM »

Well I'm not saying BH is definitely going to be there...he was scheduled to play in Mississippi on Thursday and that date got pushed to the 14th.

where are his August tour dates? Because I dont see them on his site

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2006, 01:52:02 AM »

Buckethead's tour date was MOVED FORWARD to September 14! He is NOT playing on Thursday in Mississippi!

That doesnt matter, gnr don't have a show until sat.......

Huh?

What I'm saying is that Buckethead is not playing somewhere else on Thursday. He was scheduled to play Mississippi on Thursday and the date was moved forward. If GN'R play at the VMAs, this means Buckethead's schedule would be free.

When are the Vma's I thought they were this week?

Thursday this week

Yup, I'll be watching for sure, being a gnr fan is always a fucking rollercoaster ride.

Now that I will agree with you on beer

Ditto.? beer

You have to admit after all of this, if Axl DOESN'T play we are all going to be incredibly disappointed.? rofl

Of course, after all this hype I have to turn on a channel I never watch and pray it's gonna be worth my while as I sit through 3 hours of emo and pop torment.?

So they better do something good dammit! Grin

Of course I work Thursday 4-midnight, the only day this week I work...figures...so I'll be missing the show.

They replay it 228929821 times you won't miss anything. ok
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2006, 01:52:40 AM »

For the people saying its dumb to have BH play, first off its just for one show, and 2nd who is to say Ron wont be playing too? Also, if this rumor was bullshit, why would this person claim BH is playing, that would just make the rumor harder to believe. Also we all thought it was BS in 2002 before the VMAs and they played. I am not saying I believe this, but its possible. Anything is with Axl since he has always had an open slot for him at the VMAs when ever he wants.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2006, 01:52:55 AM »

I'm getting sick of this bullshit. All these stupid ass rumours. If they bring Bucket back, I think that would be stupid. It will just add to the jokes about not being able to keep members. Dont get me wrong, Bucket is an awesome guitarist, but he doesnt fit the band's image. Its not like 2002 where the band was all dressing different, where Axl was in his jersey mode. Axl is dressing like a fucking rock star, Robin got rid of NIN look, and they look like a real band now. Bucket would just make them look ridiculous. I say keep Bucket's parts on the record, and keep Bumblefoot for the future.

Not only that, its clear that no one but Axl really liked Bucket as a person. You can defintely tell Tommy didnt like him, plus the rumours about Robin and him fighting all the time. It will spew up bad blood if Bucket's brought back in my opinion.

KEEP BUMBLEFOOT!!!!!!!!

You can take image and shove it up Axl's ass so it can make out with Slash... Buckethead fucking owns.

Whether you want to believe it or not, image is a crucial part to the success of any artist.
Why do think Axl is pulling in so much pussy nowadays, and not in 2002?
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2006, 01:53:01 AM »

I really hope this is fake, and I still believe so. And if it's true, I hope it will just be this one show with BH and then he's out again. I don't want him  no

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2006, 01:53:06 AM »

Maybe Bucket will pull a Finck, and show up with long hair and a beard and stuff. ?Yeah... ?That would be cool!

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2006, 01:54:19 AM »

For the people saying its dumb to have BH play, first off its just for one show, and 2nd who is to say Ron wont be playing too? Also, if this rumor was bullshit, why would this person claim BH is playing, that would just make the rumor harder to believe. Also we all thought it was BS in 2002 before the VMAs and they played. I am not saying I believe this, but its possible. Anything is with Axl since he has always had an open slot for him at the VMAs when ever he wants.

Thats why its dumb, cause its only for one show. Then if Ron is there, thats 4 guitarists, its stupid. Might as well throw Izzy on there and make it 5.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2006, 01:54:57 AM »

KEEP BUMBLEFOOT!!!!!!!!

Hate to tell you, but I don't think ANYONE in the band right now really likes Bumblefoot, either. Tommy is probably the closest to him. Robin very clearly dislikes him, and Axl is indifferent towards him much of the time. From seeing him during performances, and how he was on stage, and how he has treated his role in the band, and stuff he's said to people in messages, I've always had the feeling he didn't even consider himself a permanent part of the band. The only reason he's there is to replace Buckethead and to be honest although Axl had troubles with BH he really liked having him in the band and I don't think his image conflicts with them at all. Okay, he wears a bucket on his head. But it's something different. Ron has a bumblefoot guitar and a silly cap on his head all the time. He doesn't really look like a rock star IMO, either.

I like Ron as a person, he's nice and all, but I don't think he fits the image or sound of the band at all to be entirely blunt. I think he's more suited towards smaller-scale, solo-style projects - smaller groups or independent work. Buckethead, on the other hand, NEEDS someone to bounce ideas off of - he's like Slash that way. I think Axl and BH had chemistry working together as artists and you can hear that on the tracks. Bucket needs direction and Axl needs a strong guitarist.

Bucket's solo albums are mostly all rather poor (except Electric Tears and Colma) but you can hear Axl really had an influence on his guitar parts, and vice versa.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2006, 01:55:41 AM »

KEEP BUMBLEFOOT!!!!!!!!

Whether you want to believe it or not, image is a crucial part to the success of any artist.

I understand, but buckethead's image isn't like some emo looking fag in the band, his image strikes conversation and is interesting. It's not all bad whether you like him or not. I personally just care about guitar playing and Buckethead is one of the best out there today.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2006, 01:56:13 AM »

Maybe Bucket will pull a Finck, and show up with long hair and a beard and stuff. ?Yeah... ?That would be cool!

Certainly would be more appreciated than the Bucket and the mask.

They are going to do a GNR retrospective (past and present) I tell you and drag every person that has ever contributed to this band onto the stage and it will be a mob scene

I'm kidding but could you imagine?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2006, 01:56:21 AM »

Thats why its dumb, cause its only for one show. Then if Ron is there, thats 4 guitarists, its stupid. Might as well throw Izzy on there and make it 5.

Unless the song calls for 4 guitar players. Some of the UYI songs had 4 gutiars and they never sounded right live.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2006, 01:56:51 AM »

first off its just for one show
which would make this whole thing stupid

and 2nd who is to say Ron wont be playing too
even worse...might as well call out izzy too

why would this person claim BH is playing, that would just make the rumor harder to believe
any1 can make up anything. I could go to that or any site and play the " i dont know anything about gnr but i heard.."

Also we all thought it was BS in 2002 before the VMAs and they played. I am not saying I believe this, but its possible. Anything is with Axl since he has always had an open slot for him at the VMAs when ever he wants.

I dont think any1 is doubting that they can perform. But with Bucket and only once? Makes no sense to be a one off. If he was rejoing then i might believe it

btw some1 please explain this cancelled bheadtour date if its not even listed on his site

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2006, 01:57:48 AM »

KEEP BUMBLEFOOT!!!!!!!!

I understand, but buckethead's image isn't like some emo looking fag in the band, his image strikes conversation and is interesting. It's not all bad whether you like him or not. I personally just care about guitar playing and Buckethead is one of the best out there today.

I agree with you on that. Bucket is phenominal. I dont know, I just dont think Tommy or Robin or anyone else but Brain would be too happy to have him back. And I'd rather have those guys, who stuck around through thick and thin be there, then Bucket, who just seems to want the attention and the glory.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2006, 01:58:33 AM »

Flat out, Axl Rose and Buckethead have always had an artistical respect for one another. Those two also are kind of unique in their own way and probably connect on a personal level. I think Axl was pretty bummed out and estranged when Buckethead left in 2002.......
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2006, 01:58:37 AM »

If Axl wants to reintroduce the current lineup to millions of people, then having a guy who isn't even in the band perform live on television is pointless.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2006, 01:58:40 AM »

first off its just for one show
which would make this whole thing stupid

and 2nd who is to say Ron wont be playing too
even worse...might as well call out izzy too

why would this person claim BH is playing, that would just make the rumor harder to believe
any1 can make up anything. I could go to that or any site and play the " i dont know anything about gnr but i heard.."

Also we all thought it was BS in 2002 before the VMAs and they played. I am not saying I believe this, but its possible. Anything is with Axl since he has always had an open slot for him at the VMAs when ever he wants.

I dont think any1 is doubting that they can perform. But with Bucket and only once? Makes no sense to be a one off. If he was rejoing then i might believe it

btw some1 please explain this cancelled bheadtour date if its not even listed on his site

Why would someone who is a long-standing member on a NON-GN'R site whose family works for the VMAs/MTV go on a forum and tell a lie?

1) He has a reputation on the site
2) He has no reason to lie
3) He isn't a GN'R fan
4) If he lied he'd lose all respect

It doesn't add up.
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2006, 01:59:09 AM »

4 guitar players? Is this Yes or Chicago or something? My god. Well if Bucket is wearing a Popeyes bucket now it's all good.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2006, 02:00:20 AM »

Where is mysteron when you need him?  hihi
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2006, 02:00:33 AM »

We haven't taken into account here that Dizzy DOES have a gig on the date of the VMAs. ?What about him? ?Is he just NOT going to be included in this maylay? ?That is why I just can't buy this, until I am proven wrong by what I see on Thursday.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: