Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:54:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  How can it be an axl solo project when so many musicians...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How can it be an axl solo project when so many musicians...  (Read 1691 times)
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« on: August 21, 2006, 04:50:51 PM »

Over on the main Guns n'Roses chat board There Was A Time wrote: I hate when people call chinese democracy axl's solo project!!!!

How can it be an axl solo project when so many musicians have worked on this album obviously axl cant do it all.  Another thing is that better possibly the biggest and best song on the record is a robin song!! not an axl song a robin song. as we all know buckethead was in the band and i guarantee axl didnt let his writing abilities go to waste. so stop calling this an axl solo project when this is gonna be a masterpiece because of many peoples contributions.  from josh freese to axl rose to buckethead to robin finck to brain to anyone its a combined effort.
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=34591.0

A few people replied and then the thread was locked (..and i wanted to reply  Smiley )

« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 04:56:59 PM by codenameninja » Logged
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 04:55:33 PM »

Over on the main Guns n'Roses chat board There Was A Time wrote: I hate when people call chinese democracy axl's solo project!!!!
How can it be an axl solo project when so many musicians have worked on this album obviously axl cant do it all.  Another thing is that better possibly the biggest and best song on the record is a robin song!! not an axl song a robin song. as we all know buckethead was in the band and i guarantee axl didnt let his writing abilities go to waste. so stop calling this an axl solo project when this is gonna be a masterpiece because of many peoples contributions.  from josh freese to axl rose to buckethead to robin finck to brain to anyone its a combined effort.
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=34591.0

Afew people replied and then the thread was locked (..and i wanted to reply  Smiley )

I agree with what you say. I think (some) people are calling it an Axl solo project as it is not a true Guns n'Roses project. Slash's solo project was Slash's Snakepit, sure Slash worked with other musicians on that project. The same applies to Axl and his new band. Axl+Co. is just that, sure it's not and Axl solo project, it's an Axl+Co. project. This new band has created some great new tracks, and like you pointed out, Better (by Robin apparently) is the highlight of the new band (The Blues is cool too). The new band should have add more faith in their talent and called themselves by a new band name and let the music do the talking. Axl what have brought a stack of attention to the band (he didn't need to depend on the name Gn'R).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 04:57:13 PM by codenameninja » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 07:02:41 PM »

axl says what goes, when they can talk, what stays, does whatever he wants, leaves his mates in the dark, etc.. It's all axl rose, still a solo project even if there is input from others..
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 09:12:55 PM »

axl says what goes, when they can talk, what stays, does whatever he wants, leaves his mates in the dark, etc.. It's all axl rose, still a solo project even if there is input from others..

Yeah, exactly.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 10:00:07 PM »

And then I got bashed for saying the same thing a while ago.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 03:41:58 AM »

Good call.

Suppose, while Axl is calling the shots, allowing input from others although ultimately having the finnal say makes it an Axl solo project. I just wonder how much input the rest of the band has in telling Axl what they think of his lyrics  hihi

..i played Silkworms the other day. There is really nothing wrong with the track (its very good, all be it from a synth point of view), it just has nothing Gn'R sounding about it. That raises all kinds of issues, Silkworms is a track produced by the Axl+Co. line up. From that perspective Silkworms is a product of the new band. Unyet from what i have read, i get the impression Silkworms has been dropped (atleast from the live set list, possibly/probably CD too). So on the one hand Axl is attempting to head in a new musical direction and on the other hand the new music has to have something resembling the classic Gn'R sound. What an odd ball park to be playing in  hihi
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 03:49:53 AM by codenameninja » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 05:09:52 PM »

it's this simple when a band is a band everyone can talk about any issue they want ,they don't have to listen to any one member. This has nothing to do with vr ,just an example you could ask dave or matt or duff and they could give you some insight and what they are up to, if a tour is coming up ,or the time frame they hope to release something.. That's a band, not being clueless or gagged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: