Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 11:40:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Gn'R Gameplan
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gn'R Gameplan  (Read 2330 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« on: October 26, 2006, 01:59:56 AM »

Im reading these post of people getting tired of Axl coming on late yada yada yada.? Axl can do what he wants who are we kidding. Diehards are diehards there never gonna stop listening to GNR but I can feel it, its in the air the album is gonna come out but here's what I think Axl is thinking.

- Start the tour same set list ( more new songs as the tour goes on)

- Single will either drop next week or the first week of November probaly on election Day

- Better will be the first single ( Harley Davidson commercial)

- Guns N Roses will not release the date for Chinese Democracy ( its the most annticipated album to come out and there is sort of a myth there and everybody wants it so bad so GNR is just gonna put it out one tuesday just to make us wait more ( I know we've waited about 13 yrs lol.) of course that's what merck said its makes sense.

- it will be the hottest stocking stuffer for Christmas !!!!

« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 02:02:16 AM by GNR4L » Logged

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 02:07:26 AM »

Im reading these post of people getting tired of Axl coming on late yada yada yada.? Axl can do what he wants who are we kidding. Diehards are diehards there never gonna stop listening to GNR but I can feel it, its in the air the album is gonna come out but here's what I think Axl is thinking.

- Start the tour same set list ( more new songs are the tour goes on)

- Single will either drop next week or the first week of November probaly on election Day

- Better will be the first single ( Harley Davidson commercial)

- Guns N Roses will not release the date for Chinese Democracy ( its the most annticipated album to come out and there is sort of a myth there and everybody wants it so bad so GNR is just gonna put it out one tuesday just to make us wait more ( I know we've waited about 13 yrs lol.) of course that's what merck said its makes sense.

- it will be the hottest stocking stuffer for Christmas !!!!

ah fukin men.....finally somebody here who doesnt listen to all the bullshit brought up by the newbies and trouble makers who have started comin here lately with there negativity.its obvious that theres a plan to drop this album without notice.even the NOV 21st date is still a good chance until it comes and goes.GNR have come to far now to let it slip from under them.even if AXL came to your fukin houses and pinned a copy of CD to your fukin grans ass you still wouldnt believe it was being released.

everything you listed above is exactly what ive believed will happen for a few weeks now but some poeple dont wanna believe it

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Risico
Rocker

You will lose everything...

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 02:09:16 AM »

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but people have been claiming "surely, next week!" for nearly  3 months now. You can hardly blame some of us for feeling ever so slightly jaded by this point.

When all is said n' done, we're not the only ones...
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 02:10:20 AM »

From a prior press release.."Axl is not interested in money, fame, or getting attention." ?I believe it was Merck stating this.
I know he just wants to make a good album and put it out. ?He's not making all of his music just so it will sit in his vault. ?It will be out. ?I'm guessing it will get little to NO promotion..it will just come out.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 02:13:35 AM »

anybody who complains about anything GNR does...late shows, no album release date, no single etc....go find a new band to listen to...i am assuming that you are a relatively new GNR fan if you are still getting pissed about stuff like that....the people that have been fans since the glory days are used to it..if you want a band that is going to play by the rules, come on stage on time, give you updates on their website, GNR is not the band for you...they are unpredictable...they are rock n roll.......this is the way GNR was, is and always will be...
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 02:15:12 AM »

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but people have been claiming "surely, next week!" for nearly? 3 months now. You can hardly blame some of us for feeling ever so slightly jaded by this point.
dude this albums been gettin it for 10 years now but why,when we are obviously so close to gettin it,do poeple start being so negative.all update threads are turning into bitchfests and everyday there a new topics full of negativity.we didnt even get that shit when all we had to discuss was axls teeth!

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 02:21:20 AM »

anybody who complains about anything GNR does...late shows, no album release date, no single etc....go find a new band to listen to...i am assuming that you are a relatively new GNR fan if you are still getting pissed about stuff like that....the people that have been fans since the glory days are used to it..if you want a band that is going to play by the rules, come on stage on time, give you updates on their website, GNR is not the band for you...they are unpredictable...they are rock n roll.......this is the way GNR was, is and always will be...

Dude, that's not fucking rock n roll.  Rock N Roll doesn't mean alienating your fans and ripping them off.  It doesn't include waiting till past midnight to start a show.  I dont' care what problems they had, any other band can your for 13 years without having these types of 'problems'.  We've been waiting 13 years for new material!  The fact that most shows aren't selling well is proof enough that fans are expecting more from GNR.  The reason there's so much negativity now is because, for the most part, we weren't getting taken advantage of.  The 2002 tour and what we've seen so far of the 2006 tour has been basically just playing old material.  This isn't a reunion tour, this isn't a 'farewell' tour or Greatest Hits tour.  It's the Chinese Democracy tour and it'd be nice if more then 4 songs that may or may not be on the album are played at a show. 

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 02:27:25 AM »

I recall new songs being played, albums being released, and each show being different in the "glory days." Playing basically the same setlist they could've played in 1990 isn't what I would call unpredictable.
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 02:34:57 AM »

Its not that I dont think CD will come out this year, because I really believe it will. Personally, I think we will have the album in our hands no later than 2 months from now. However, I think people are mostly bothered by the lack of promotion, and lack of info about it.

And to be fair I think all this negativity is based on the "if" factor. They are saying "if" it doesnt get released, this is how they will feel.

All the band and company have to do to shut EVERYONE up is give us a release date. If the album is coming out this year I really believe that they know the date, just have no idea why they arent releasing this info.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 07:26:57 PM »

People have been saying

"There must be a single/announcement by the end of this week"

...And people have been saying this for the last 3/4 months.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 02:34:10 AM »

the point is...if you have been into this band for so long as most of us have, why does that stuff bother you? if it bothers you that much I am surpised that you are still a fan...and most of the shows are not selling well because there is no market for hard rock anymore..the aeromsith/motley crue tour is only filling up half of the arenas they play in....also GNR is fuckin clueless when it comes to promoting anything...whoevers doing the promotion should be fired...and the tickets are also way too expensive...i spent 110 bucks for each of my tickets to MSG and continental....not too mention all the cash i dished out for the hammerstein shows a few months ago
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: