Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 05:12:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler with Guns 2 Roses at The Cavern Club - random notes
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler with Guns 2 Roses at The Cavern Club - random notes  (Read 1934 times)
Scone
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: February 15, 2006, 08:15:32 PM »

Hi, so I went to see Steven and Co. at their show at The Cavern Club and I wasn't expecting alot, I'd heard all the rumours about him being smacked off his tits and his band ditching him so I was actually quite curious to see what he'd drag onstage and try and pass off as a band.

We managed to get to the front as Adam Bomb were getting ready to come onstage, this woman infront of us heard my friend refer to the band as Adler's Addicts and began to tell us her side of the story. She'd apparently been with the band since they got to the UK and said Steven was smoking a bit of dope but that was it - she said Sheldon had apparently got "lead singer disease" and thought the band was his, so Steven got rid of him and the others followed. As I say, my source for this was a woman who smelled a bit of puke and Newcastle Brown Ale, but she did have a backstage wristband on, and when the crowd got too rough for her she jumped onstage and wandered backstage without any hassle.

Adam Bomb were alot better than I was expecting, he looked kinda like a poor man's Alice Cooper but they were really good, he succeeded in getting a bunch of girls onstage to dance for a rendition of "New York, New York" and even set his guitar on fire as well as doing a few Beatles' numbers, "Day Tripper", I think it was.

So Steven comes onstage with Guns 2 Roses about quarter to eleven to "Reckless Lives" which, according to my drunken female informant before she ran off, 'Axl' hadn't quite got the hang of yet, but they did really well. I think the band appreciated that no-one was there to see them, and gave Steven centre stage, between songs the entire crowd were chanting "STE-VEN! STE-VEN!", he seemed truly grateful for this and repeatedly came to the front of the stage to shake the hands of the crowd and say thankyou. The set, unsurprisingly, consisted mostly of "Appetite" songs, but with a track or two from the other Guns N' Roses albums, Adam Bomb returned to the stage to do a few numbers with Steven before Guns 2 Roses returned to do the rest of the set and an encore.

The set ran like this:

Reckless Lives
It's So Easy
Night Train
My Michelle
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Sweet Child O' Mine
------
Adam Bomb and Steven do a few tunes
------
I Used To Love Her
Mr. Brownstone
Rocket Queen
------
Welcome To The Jungle
Paradise City

At the end of the gig Steven came to the front of the stage and thanked people for coming, shook a load more hands (mine included) and wandered offstage, I managed to grab the setlist, I'll try and scan it in at some point. Overall it was a quality gig, Steven looked great and didn't miss a beat all night. The crowd were wild for such a small venue and he seemed to love it and seem really grateful for the cheers he got.

Nice one.

Scone
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 09:18:49 PM »

sounds like an awesome show!
glad to hear Steven played well and took time for the fans!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
COLDHEARTBREAKER
Headliner

Get In The Ring

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 07:11:24 AM »

dude with repsect loads of people were there to see Guns 2 Roses also. they were headlining the GNR convention the following day!  ok
I've heard theres gonna be a dvd release as well  ok
begsy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 08:26:10 AM »

it was a good show, i went both friday night and saturaday day/night .I did enjoy the saturday better as i got a picture took with steven ,i look forward to when they come back to Liverpool.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: